The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby rickenbastard » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Saturday I walked into a show and the intro Riff from Drangonaut was playing. I thought someone was covering the song. Nope. They just put the riff in their own song. Being inspired by a band is one thing but straight up jacking well-known riffs is bogus. Unreal how many bands I've heard that have stolen Sleep riffs or entire songs from other bands. Even more shocking is the amount of people who praise those bands!
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby misterstomach » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:46 pm

odontophobia wrote:Am having a bit of a dilemma. Bought an EGC bolt-on. I was going to attach it to my VM Jazzmaster but I'm now considering a custom sort of guitar. Maybe telecaster or Jazzcaster. I don't fucking know. Could also be sold on RD or firebird/thunderbird.

I don't know. Thoughts? Pictures for reference?

For an rd or any other Gibson style, you'll have to get a body made cause they're all going to be set neck.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby maggot » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:35 pm

rickenbastard wrote:Saturday I walked into a show and the intro Riff from Drangonaut was playing. I thought someone was covering the song. Nope. They just put the riff in their own song. Being inspired by a band is one thing but straight up jacking well-known riffs is bogus. Unreal how many bands I've heard that have stolen Sleep riffs or entire songs from other bands. Even more shocking is the amount of people who praise those bands!

You gotta steal riffs from time to time but putting the intro riff from Dragonaut in your song is basically the same as putting the intro riff from Smoke on the Water in your song.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby samzadgan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:00 pm

maggot wrote:
rickenbastard wrote:Saturday I walked into a show and the intro Riff from Drangonaut was playing. I thought someone was covering the song. Nope. They just put the riff in their own song. Being inspired by a band is one thing but straight up jacking well-known riffs is bogus. Unreal how many bands I've heard that have stolen Sleep riffs or entire songs from other bands. Even more shocking is the amount of people who praise those bands!

You gotta steal riffs from time to time but putting the intro riff from Dragonaut in your song is basically the same as putting the intro riff from Smoke on the Water in your song.

i once wrote a song called Anxiety when I was with a band called Dark Lords Day, people told me the riff sounded a lot like something Black Sabbath did...

dad jokes! :picard:
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby emptyparadigm » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Dudes. Put a BKP Warpig into the bridge position of my V and HOLY SHIT. That thing fucking rules. It's hot, but not painfully bright. Has a nice low mid OOMPH to it and an ever so slightly gritty texture (when hitting the Black Forest -> Quantum Mystic dirt setup) that sounds phenomenal. Just used it to track two songs that will be released later this year.
KHEMMIS. Doomed heavy metal. DECEIVER out 11/19/21 on Nuclear Blast.

GLACIAL TOMB. Misanthropic death/black/sludge. S/t debut out now on Gilead Media.

Good deals with: Ancient Astronaught, conky, crohny, D-Day, Corey Y, ryan summit, tons more here and on HCFX under this username
emptyparadigm

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:18 am

misterstomach wrote:
odontophobia wrote:Am having a bit of a dilemma. Bought an EGC bolt-on. I was going to attach it to my VM Jazzmaster but I'm now considering a custom sort of guitar. Maybe telecaster or Jazzcaster. I don't fucking know. Could also be sold on RD or firebird/thunderbird.

I don't know. Thoughts? Pictures for reference?

For an rd or any other Gibson style, you'll have to get a body made cause they're all going to be set neck.

Yeah. Any body that isn't the Jazzmaster I currently own would be all custom.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby samzadgan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:11 am

you could go all out like Evan and get a Hamilton steel body...that could be cool...a steel RD'ish shape...
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:09 am

Ooooh, that sounds hot.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:10 am

samzadgan wrote:you could go all out like Evan and get a Hamilton steel body...that could be cool...a steel RD'ish shape...

Yeah. I had that thought as well. Could be pretty rad. So many options.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby fallen » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:53 pm

Makes me want a Warpig pickup - just when I was in the middle of shopping for Railhammers. Options. :idk:
fallen

committed
committed

Postby misterstomach » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:54 am

Also, Conkey, I can't wait to hear how you guys use a trombone. Your band is sick.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby conky » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:01 am

Set to go to the studio on the 18th and our drummer fucking bailed on us. I knew he was gonna leave but I thought he'd at least record with us before he did. Beyond pissed right now. Not letting this stop me though, so I've spent the last two days learning his parts and practicing to a click. My hands have blisters all over them but I pretty much have it down. Determined to kick this things ass in the studio. And we're gonna be doing a lot of stuff we've always wanted to so but never got to try like trumpets, theremin, drone synth and clean singing. Scared as fuck but never been so excited. Plush I get to record with a Model T and JMP finally.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:57 am

conky wrote:Set to go to the studio on the 18th and our drummer fucking bailed on us. I knew he was gonna leave but I thought he'd at least record with us before he did. Beyond pissed right now. Not letting this stop me though, so I've spent the last two days learning his parts and practicing to a click. My hands have blisters all over them but I pretty much have it down. Determined to kick this things ass in the studio. And we're gonna be doing a lot of stuff we've always wanted to so but never got to try like trumpets, theremin, drone synth and clean singing. Scared as fuck but never been so excited. Plush I get to record with a Model T and JMP finally.

way to stick it out, dude. at least you have the multi-instrumentalist abilities to do it.
sounds like it'll be a ripper.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:27 pm

conky wrote:Set to go to the studio on the 18th and our drummer fucking bailed on us. I knew he was gonna leave but I thought he'd at least record with us before he did. Beyond pissed right now. Not letting this stop me though, so I've spent the last two days learning his parts and practicing to a click. My hands have blisters all over them but I pretty much have it down. Determined to kick this things ass in the studio. And we're gonna be doing a lot of stuff we've always wanted to so but never got to try like trumpets, theremin, drone synth and clean singing. Scared as fuck but never been so excited. Plush I get to record with a Model T and JMP finally.

Holy shit man, that sucks, but you are a brutal lord of ass kickery, so I'm sure it'll be great.

And.....I'm going to Neurosis on Thursday night.
I don't think I've been to a gig since Sleep in 2014.
Dad lyfe.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mmurphy1000 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Wow, dick move on his part.
But good for you for having the skill and determination to pull it through!
And the trumpets, synth etc sound pretty freaking cool - I love when bands push themselves out of their comfort zone and go for something different/new.
mmurphy1000

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org