Seppuku FX

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Seppuku FX

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:32 pm

@moid: Please make more...things...be it pedals, music, or videos.

Part of me regrets not getting the 'resynth' / 'analsynth' when it was available. I don't know...I just like noisy shit :lol:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Sounds great there, moid! :!!!: :)*

Thanks very much - I can't take the credit, my son played all the guitar, I just built the pedals and twiddled the knobs :)
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby moid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:45 pm

$harkToootth wrote:@moid: Please make more...things...be it pedals, music, or videos.

Thanks very much, I'm really glad you liked it - there'll be a new album very soon, we finished mixing it a few days ago and now we're getting the artwork ready so hopefully that'll be done in a week and I'll put it on Bandcamp. I'll tell my son, he'll be really impressed that people liked his playing. Sadly there won't be time to make any more pedals until Christmas (my job is horrific until then)... I had to pack up the breadboard version of the crazy noise pedal I was working on because my wife really did want the kitchen table back... apparently most women don't have a kitchen full of partially assembled / broken effects pedals and circuit boards... not sure if this is true or not, or just a ruse to get me to clear up.
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:47 pm

I would like to know more about this 'crazy noise pedal'. What is happening? Please?
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:49 pm

@ Pepe

If you ever open that pedal up again and have a look at what the Drone knob attaches itself to I'd love to see what Rhys did with that part of the circuit, mine version blends badly between capacitors which apparently shouldn't work, but does add a lot of destruction (and occasionally almost complete loss of signal) and it would be cool to see what his version did. Does yours ever pick up weird radio stations? Mine can sometimes get French radio, which can be either 60s French pop that I play over the top of and annihilate, or football commentary which is just plain boring and annoying (to me anyway)
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby moid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:54 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I would like to know more about this 'crazy noise pedal'. What is happening? Please?

I traced my Langtronics Bone Collector (had to degoop it which was a real pain). Originally I wanted to add a clean blend circuit, then I posted my results on DIYStompboxes and one of the nice chaps there got interested and started making suggestions for additions and fixes to the circuit (apparently it's a variant of Tim Escobedo's Ugly Face circuit, but with less control in most parts and with a few odd extras to make it different).., anyway the new version gets freakier while still maintaining some harmony (I like things that have elements of noise and chaos while still allowing some sort of melody through). But sadly due to work issues there is no way I'll be able to touch this until Christmas :(
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Thank you for replying. I'm sorry to hear but I look forward to your discoveries and progress when the time comes.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:55 am

moid wrote:@ Pepe

If you ever open that pedal up again and have a look at what the Drone knob attaches itself to I'd love to see what Rhys did with that part of the circuit, mine version blends badly between capacitors which apparently shouldn't work, but does add a lot of destruction (and occasionally almost complete loss of signal) and it would be cool to see what his version did. Does yours ever pick up weird radio stations? Mine can sometimes get French radio, which can be either 60s French pop that I play over the top of and annihilate, or football commentary which is just plain boring and annoying (to me anyway)

Please remind me again in a few weeks or send me an e-mail through my website. I'm in the middle of a move and most of my music equipment is stored in boxes.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby velocanto » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:44 am

@moid -- "Mine can sometimes get French radio, which can be either 60s French pop that I play over the top of and annihilate"

My Kompact Kassette definitely picks up radio too...part of the charm? When I crank the disrupt knob all the way up the whole signal is choked.

Does anyone know the builder personally? I feel like a lot of the unique small builders need marketing departments to really grow and interact with folks who like their weirdness they enable/create -- and reap the dividends!

Anyone want to bankroll Seppuku, Sonic Crayon, or resurrect Squarewave Parade -- all awesome devices -- all regulated to this niche/corner of the net...
velocanto

involved
involved

Postby Christophe » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:01 am

Hi there,
and Happy New Year to all...
I'm selling an Eccodrone in the BST section....
Dont thank me. ;-)
Cheers!
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:13 am

Happy New Year Slime Fellas...memory loss in stock
"ive been adding a switch for ‘gated repeats. it will oscillate when the threshold is reached and implode into distortion-static-silence with the input decay."

Not sure if this is actually any thing new? I have was the 'latest' version of the ML and I know some features were lost from predecessors.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:32 am

He's gotta come up with something new which isn't just a bend or an updated/downgraded version of his previous pedals with fluctuating prices, amounts of knobs and screws. My interest is fading fast. Bummer.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:36 am

I only bumped it because of the 'No Memory' interest. It seems both are based on similar premises but with different application (the No Memory has more knobs).

Oh his shipping went up too :lol:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:27 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:He's gotta come up with something new which isn't just a bend or an updated/downgraded version of his previous pedals with fluctuating prices, amounts of knobs and screws. My interest is fading fast. Bummer.

I smiled when I read this. You sir are finally coming around full circle on the Seppuku train. No let's push you to the edge here.

They are junk. :)

hahahaha
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby fcknoise » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:48 pm

I just brought the memory loss to the netherlands and its so freaking good. Posted a lil clip on instagram bc it doesn't take space on my phone (which I don't have any left :( )

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd0N_mlAeTm/
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear