The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Yeah so all my shit came in.. where should I start a thread about my Griatleizer build? I guess someone technically makes a production unit so I didn't feel right putting it in DIYeffects... any suggestions?
:?:
Thanks
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Start your own thread Mr. B.o.S per Mr. D.o.S. I don't know much (anything) about these things so I think it would be fun to see the various models out there and fuzz friend experience. 'Gristleizer General' in General Gear or 'My Big Fat Short Gristleizer' for suggested titles.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:47 am

Any reason not to throw my tote bag of cables in the back of my cab? I'm real enamored about getting my gear into one easy trip. Cab with wheels, head on it, pedalboard on that, guitar on my back in a soft case. Cable tote now gets slung over my shoulder, but it makes the whole thing precarious.

Could the cables in there mess up my speakers or anything? It's a 2x12 partially open back cab so it seems convenient.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:48 am

PeteeBee wrote:Any reason not to throw my tote bag of cables in the back of my cab? I'm real enamored about getting my gear into one easy trip. Cab with wheels, head on it, pedalboard on that, guitar on my back in a soft case. Cable tote now gets slung over my shoulder, but it makes the whole thing precarious.

Could the cables in there mess up my speakers or anything? It's a 2x12 partially open back cab so it seems convenient.

They might reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 am

PeteeBee wrote:Any reason not to throw my tote bag of cables in the back of my cab? I'm real enamored about getting my gear into one easy trip. Cab with wheels, head on it, pedalboard on that, guitar on my back in a soft case. Cable tote now gets slung over my shoulder, but it makes the whole thing precarious.

Shit I hope not, I packed cables around in a couple amps I've had for 20 years. I've never had any problems. I mean there's the obvious stuff like "don't stick them through the side of the speaker" etc..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:16 am

Apparently, Noel Gallagher's got a Reverb shop of his very own now too. :idk: :whateva:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:47 pm

I don't want any celebrity gear, I just don't understand it!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:27 am

Some cool shit in that shop tho.

I feel like, few years back, you'd see people with voodoo labs power supplies that cost nearly £200 but were running like 3-5 boss/ibanez/mxr peds. Standard stuff. Now, seems like I see lots of boards with 10+ pedals including big, expensive, powerful delays all running off a shitty joyo daisy-chain-in-a-box power supply.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:34 am

Reverb should just open a second website called "RockstarShops.com" or something. Fans can justify buying something a celebrity musician they worship owned, but Reverb is mostly about gear deals and this is the opposite of that. Some of these celebrity shops have cool gear, but the price on everything is unreasonably inflated just because of the person who's selling it. I realize I'm in the minority on the subject in general (maybe not HERE, but in the world), but I find that utterly stupid and pointless.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:46 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:Some cool shit in that shop tho.

I feel like, few years back, you'd see people with voodoo labs power supplies that cost nearly £200 but were running like 3-5 boss/ibanez/mxr peds. Standard stuff. Now, seems like I see lots of boards with 10+ pedals including big, expensive, powerful delays all running off a shitty joyo daisy-chain-in-a-box power supply.

I am totally in the process of designing and building my own power supply. I got a good transformer finally (9.5A at 20V), but I need to design some robust filtering. I have a couple positive ground effects too so having further filtration on each "leg" is even more important to me.

I also have my first AC powered Effect (The 2-Face clone I bought from Dino) but I've been preparing to build a Vero layout of the Schumann PLL too, so I may invest in an AC-AC stepdown transformer to stick in there as well.

As for Sag, If I have an effect that I like power sag on, I'll put a pot in it to get it right every time rather than trying to sag my power supply, that just seems like no fun. I got a bag of those 3 digit LCD readouts from China so I can have visual indication of voltage at each leg if I get that crazy.. Most effects sound good in a +- 2V window that I've noticed.. and really, providing I didn't cheap out and use 10V electrolytics (I never do) most stuff is good a bit higher. I know there are exceptions!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:38 am

just threw this together but ive had this in mind for a while
fragmix.jpg

want a long plastic enclosure? or something like the crustacean brick shape, with a single knob od, but what should modulate that?..should run on battery, &
so the in's would have my contact mic frag deals in them, be nice to have dedicated cables for the in's... its all bout feedback for this pup.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:47 am

So my house burned down today. Not really certain, just got word from the neighbor. We knew that's wildfire was approaching and had to evacuate. I think I'm a little in shock, but pedals seem like a good distraction. The only thing I won't be able to easily replace are the two dirge rats. Who makes a great rat these days?
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 am

:cry: You should talk to skully. He can probably hook you up. :hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby PeteeBee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:56 am

Yeah I'll send him a message in a couple days. I definitely have some bigger shot to deal with before I actually start rebuilding the gear pile. I don't even have anywhere to get things shipped right now...
Suffering suits you.

PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:52 am

Damn Petee, that's nuts. Hang in there, glad you're safe, in at least the bodily sense. Gear can be replaced eventually.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear