Count To Five

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Count To Five

Postby kellygreenstudios » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:21 pm

So there is no new firmware update? Damn, I was looking forward to an update that kept quantization and transcendence settings and any other goodies Scott cooked up over the months.
kellygreenstudios

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby PanicProne » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:08 am

Mine is stuck in customs. Damnit. That's the first time I've had a shipping from Canada (out of like 6 in total) go through customs. Just unlucky this time/unlucky before I guess.. Cue additional fee. Hopefully I'll get the pedal tomorrow though. Psyched to finally try it out!
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby raj007 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Mine came today.

I've had one before...about a year ago when I was super new to pedals in general (and especially to "weird" effects). I definitely wasn't ready for it then.

I sat with it today a while and so much more of it is clicking with me. Mode 3 was especially blowing my mind--instrument on its own.

You think Texas is wet right now? Check my pants--I've got em beat.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:58 pm

raj007 wrote:Mine came today.

I've had one before...about a year ago when I was super new to pedals in general (and especially to "weird" effects). I definitely wasn't ready for it then.

I sat with it today a while and so much more of it is clicking with me. Mode 3 was especially blowing my mind--instrument on its own.

You think Texas is wet right now? Check my pants--I've got em beat.

Yeah mode 3 is lit with a cv sequencer

When playing live mode 2 is my splooge fest
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:48 am

Used my new CT5 at our first band practice in 16 months. I was a bit clumsy with it. Still learning. Lots going on in this one.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bucket_ » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 am

Another first poster here.. with an equally riveting post

Very excited to get mine, but it's also been stuck in Heathrow customs for a few days now. Bummer

Just wanted to confirm, does this batch also run at 9v 150ma? I'll be powering from a PP2+, so I want to make sure I don't fry it before I try it. :)
Bucket_

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby raj007 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:50 am

Ya I think that's the correct power stats. They've got it listed on their site, too.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby multi_s » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:19 am

Bucket_ wrote:Another first poster here.. with an equally riveting post

Very excited to get mine, but it's also been stuck in Heathrow customs for a few days now. Bummer

Just wanted to confirm, does this batch also run at 9v 150ma? I'll be powering from a PP2+, so I want to make sure I don't fry it before I try it. :)

Yes that is fine and here is the manual

http://mtlasm.blogspot.ca/p/count-to-5- ... mware.html
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bucket_ » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:56 am

raj007 wrote:Ya I think that's the correct power stats. They've got it listed on their site, too.

Yeah I had a look but wasn't sure if it was up to date. Cheers!

multi_s wrote:Yes that is fine and here is the manual

http://mtlasm.blogspot.ca/p/count-to-5- ... mware.html

You're the man(ual), thanks. Can't wait to get stuck in!
Bucket_

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby analoghands » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Anyone know the best way to get ahold of someone at montreal assembly so i can get my ct5 fixed? It broke like 2 weeks after i got it and i think Ive sent like 3 emails via their site and never heard back. It's literally been sitting on a shelf for over a year now.
analoghands

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby multi_s » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:32 pm

analoghands wrote:Anyone know the best way to get ahold of someone at montreal assembly so i can get my ct5 fixed? It broke like 2 weeks after i got it and i think Ive sent like 3 emails via their site and never heard back. It's literally been sitting on a shelf for over a year now.

Sorry if we missed your email, the returns info can be found here though

http://mtlasm.blogspot.ca/p/return.html
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PanicProne » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 am

Finally got mine yesterday. Spent a good 2h with it, just trying it out. Besides using the delay in one or two songs (if we ever get to recording with the band) I can totally see myself just using the Ct5 for looping/jamming and just pushing myself musically, cause it does pack a challenge to play along to loopwise imo. Also, I love how many souns I managed to get within the first 30mins. I've already gone past my favourite Superdelay setting, cool ring mod-ish sound as well as the "Rainbow"-sound that the Eqd pedal does. Tweakers delight indeed. Thanks!
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby baremountain » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Bucket_ wrote:Just wanted to confirm, does this batch also run at 9v 150ma? I'll be powering from a PP2+, so I want to make sure I don't fry it before I try it. :)

Just wanna chime in and let you know for future reference you can't fry a pedal by giving it too much current to play with. You can give it a 2A output and it won't draw more current than its natural peak. What you've gotta worry about is sending too much voltage. You could under-power a pedal, but that will almost certainly not break it, it will just put it somewhere on the weird-to-not-working spectrum. Basically give something as much current as you want, and rest assured that until someone starts producing 6V guitar pedals you won't fry them at 9V :thumb:
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bucket_ » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:49 pm

baremountain wrote:
Bucket_ wrote:Just wanted to confirm, does this batch also run at 9v 150ma? I'll be powering from a PP2+, so I want to make sure I don't fry it before I try it. :)

Just wanna chime in and let you know for future reference you can't fry a pedal by giving it too much current to play with. You can give it a 2A output and it won't draw more current than its natural peak. What you've gotta worry about is sending too much voltage. You could under-power a pedal, but that will almost certainly not break it, it will just put it somewhere on the weird-to-not-working spectrum. Basically give something as much current as you want, and rest assured that until someone starts producing 6V guitar pedals you won't fry them at 9V :thumb:

Oh that's useful, thanks a lot! Power draws for pedals have always confused me a tad. I'll plug my CT5 in for the first time with less trepidation then!

Hoping to get mine this week, customs/Royal Mail finally got their act together after 8 days and updated the tracking to say it's out of Heathrow and moving. Now for the customs fee..
Bucket_

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby MattFuzz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Bucket_ wrote:
baremountain wrote:

Oh that's useful, thanks a lot! Power draws for pedals have always confused me a tad. I'll plug my CT5 in for the first time with less trepidation then!

Hoping to get mine this week, customs/Royal Mail finally got their act together after 8 days and updated the tracking to say it's out of Heathrow and moving. Now for the customs fee..

Best of luck! Mine has been stuck in a post office in Southwark for the best part of a week. Still waiting on it actually making it the mile from there to my office in Borough. Be interesting to compare customs penalties. Though will probably feel small compared to what I fear I'm about to be stung for for my Grendel Drone Commander when that arrives next week...
MattFuzz

uncommitted
uncommitted

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly