Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby sylnau » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:17 am

Mini as high gain and Blues Driver has low gain?
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby publicfig » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:25 am

sylnau wrote:Mini as high gain and Blues Driver has low gain?

For right now, yeah that's how I'm using them. I'm leaving the Blues Driver on at fairly low-mid low level gain and just adjusting my volume knob to add or remove grit. Then I'm using the Mini in a few different ways, but usually to stack and push the BD-2 with or without adjusted bias. I'll use just the mini for rhythm parts sometimes as well, but they're usually together or just the BD-2.

Honestly, the BD-2 has (very surprisingly to me, at least) become one of my favorite tone-shaping pedals.

EDIT: I may have them switched around in this photo, or switched them around last night to try it out so I think the BD-2 is going into the Mini now. Can't remember why I did that.
Last edited by publicfig on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
publicfig

interested
interested

Postby publicfig » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:30 am

dandy13 wrote:nice :love:
what don't you like about the in limbo?
also how do you like the accountant? does it do the whole clean sustain thing? I have and like a pigtronix philosopher's tone that I've been wanting to replace with the more pedalboard friendly "micro" version but thought of trying the fairfield out instead. I'm thinking they may be two completely different beasts tho

I don't know that I don't like the In Limbo, as much as I just am not blown away with it yet. The Tåken does that modulated, analogue-esque sound so well that I really only need it as a more standard delay, removing some of its charm. I also haven't really connected with any of the ARP modes, but I'm still pretty new with it so I could completely change my mind after a few more times playing with it.

And I absolutely LOVE the Accountant. It can definitely do the clean sustain thing (maybe not to the extent that others would), but I would really only recommend it if you're interested in it actually modifying your tone/adding a bit of texture to your sound. For me, it's perfect but I can't imagine someone looking for a transparent compressor being too thrilled with it
publicfig

interested
interested

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:52 pm

I sold my Limbo III when I got my Tåken

:duck:

Sweet board!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:09 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:I sold my Limbo III when I got my Tåken

:duck:

Sweet board!

I've been thinking of doing the same thing! I never use the arp mode, just env to detune the repeats as a sort of tape thing. It's the same weird thing as a bitquest, I like it but only use a little of its functions which weirdly makes me want to sell it.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:15 pm

I don't think I would compare the Taken and IL III since the Taken doesn't have tap tempo. They're complementary pedals where Taken is very textural and IL III is a workhorse for repeats that are on tempo.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:40 pm

I wouldn't compare them either, but I prefer one over the other.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby publicfig » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:28 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:I don't think I would compare the Taken and IL III since the Taken doesn't have tap tempo. They're complementary pedals where Taken is very textural and IL III is a workhorse for repeats that are on tempo.

Oh, I completely agree with that, but I also really think that the Tåken means that I'm really only going to be using the ILIII for ARP/"typical" analogue sounds, even the latter I would only be using when I absolutely need tap tempo. At that point I have to consider whether or not it's worth keeping it or replacing it with a smaller/cheaper/more focused delay with tap tempo.

I haven't made up my mind on it yet, but the Tåken really did throw a wrench in this whole thing, that's for sure!
publicfig

interested
interested

Postby realmacaroni » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:44 am

here is my maxed out board. prob gonna ditch the vt and heisenberg for a while. thinking about changing out the bit commander, too. maybe for a henretta purple octopus, maybe for a greer super hornet...

also gonna scale back to a ditto x2 while the x4 goes in for repairs, and possibly gets sold off...
realmacaroni

interested
interested

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:40 am

how do you like the rubberneck? they look like they sound great in all the videos i have seen and have just about all the practical functions you would need in an analogue delay
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby realmacaroni » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:47 am

really dig the rubberneck. i'm def about analog delays and this one hits the sweet spot for me. the tone and gain knobs are so great to have right up top. the rubberneck function is fun, the regen function is excellent

i use the tap tempo as one would, and keep the time knob rolled way down to get an easy slapback by just barely nudging it with a toe. have been a long time sd vapor trail fan, and this has knocked it off the board (tho i've no intention to let it go)
realmacaroni

interested
interested

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:59 am

that is great to hear, when they start coming down in price on the used market in the future, i will definitely be looking to try one out
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby frigid midget » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:53 pm

realmacaroni wrote:Image

here is my maxed out board. prob gonna ditch the vt and heisenberg for a while. thinking about changing out the bit commander, too. maybe for a henretta purple octopus, maybe for a greer super hornet...

also gonna scale back to a ditto x2 while the x4 goes in for repairs, and possibly gets sold off...

I'm definitely trying a rubberneck some time soon. But tell me about the Vapor Trail. Weird it doesn't get more attention, from looking at the features/specs you would think it should be more popular :ikd: Always wanted to mess with a decent delay that has an fx loop to run modulation through.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby realmacaroni » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:11 pm

^ love the vt, simple and sweet. "best in class" delay, imo. much prefer it to CC or malekko, etc...

i don't do a lot of mod'd delay but it's nice to have easy access to the controls, and it is a good sounding modulation. can get chorusy or be very subtle
it's just the right analog sound for me, not too muddy not too bright. super clear and articulate while absolutely delivering the analog sound and vibe
insert jack is great, personal fav move is a ph-3 set to the rise or fall setting
while i mention in the above post that it is off the main board for now (as i give full attention to the rubberneck) i will never sell off this pedal, i am too big a fan

really not much else to say about it, unless you have any specific questions...
realmacaroni

interested
interested

Postby rustywire » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:21 am

Earlier I made a super simple setup with the knobs thread in the back of my head:
Shortly thereafter I added the Green Ringer in front
Later realized I could stack a BitQuest on top of the Shape EQ for an *essentials* grab-n-go setup.
Even leaving the GR behind, that mini board seems adaptable to just about any rig that may cross my path :snax:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear