The Annual OMG I Never Post About Gear ILFSS2017 Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Annual OMG I Never Post About Gear ILFSS2017 Thread

Postby Derelict78 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:17 am

D.o.S. wrote:Sexy tarot card Derelict.

Thanks, my profile pic isn’t a tarot card but an automatic drawing by Austin Osman Spare
aen wrote:Or I'll just use fuzz. Then Ill sound cool regardless.

Achtane wrote:Well, volcanoes are pretty fuckin' cool. Like I guess lava flows are doomy. Slow and still able to to melt your eardrums.
Derelict78

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm down with AOS I just remember you posting Thelema stuff a while ago. :)
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:47 pm

*furiously masturbates over a sigil*
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Gnomey, you furious masturbator you!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Assignments are out so I guess it's time to try to make Santa's life a little easier? Or probably harder?

I think I've done the ILFSS 7 or 8 times and it's been a delight every time.

I love anything with a random setting. I tend to like things with envelope, expression, or cv control. I'm getting curious about midi and I spent a little time browsing for a keyboard-free midi controller with lots of knobs.
One vein of gear I haven't spent much time exploring is weirdo modulated reverbs. I'm set with spring and plate kind of things but I'd be into trying something more unconventional.
I'm into homemade diy stuff. If you want to build me some kind of parallel distortion thing, I'd have fun with it. Or parallel anything. I like it if I can't quite figure out what I'm hearing.

I'm not a meat eater. I love trying regional snacks and unusual flavors. I'll drink alcohol if I receive any. I like big flavors, spicy things, herbal and bitter things, sour things. Please mark perishables because I'm not likely to open the package until Christmas.

I regularly play vinyl at home and cds in the car. I don't have a tape player. I'm open minded about genre.

I've received drawings and homemade art things with gifts before and I treasure them.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:21 pm

I like spooky looking things and am still a goth at heart. :lol: If that helps with anything non pedal related.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:58 pm

So, we are all keen on exchanging actual Satanic relics/memorabilia this year.
All this talk of tarot, automatic drawings and sigils has got me excited.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MSUsousaphone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 am

Sorry it took me so long to post, my secret satin. Yeah. I see it. But mine is behind the scenes soft and velvety. Essentially. I have quintuplets who are five and then a two year old. So six kids total. We are a musical family. I play bass. I had to offload my beloved pedal collection when the quints came because that's just a helluva lotta kids. I am slowly building it back. I have an acoustic/electric guitar but no just straight up electric. I have a basic drum kit. A few keyboards. A few scattered pedals. I will update this tomorrow.

But I'm easy. I eventually want to have a ton of instruments for the whole family to play so there is a wide range you can get me. I love used. We eat pretty much everything. My legs are like giant funnels from years of soccer so no skinny jeans as they don't do it for me. Vinyl is titular. Could always use more.

I am XL. I love ska/punk.....LTJ, Streetlight Manifesto. But I'm down for anything. I have a masters in psych and my own counseling practice. I do a lot of music therapy. Music impacts your mood. So it's been a while since I've jammed the downer shit a lot of people who incidentally have depressive episodes jam. It's a thing. Switch to bubble gum punk. You'll be happy. You're welcome. But I will jam anything you send. The emo stuff can be used for catharsis. I love anime. Kaiju. Star Trek. All the nerd things that got popular of late but I love telling people I was into it before that.

Eclectic. Off the wall. Unpredictable. I'm into all that.

The kids are really into Mario, Sonic, Legos, Disney princesses, transformers, TMNT if you need some filler stuff or have used things.

So. Yeah. That's what's up.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 am

Haven't been posting much due to work related stress no free time due to trying get my wife and I's business off the ground in a legit retail space.

Sold all my pedals but two after having a "I have too much stuff I'll never really use"crisis. Even the really cool stuff is gone. Seriously from two Judders and two CT5's to nothing. My pedal board is so sad looking but I am cool with that bought a dope ass vintage BMX bike with the proceeds.. So blank slate when it comes to pedals. More into battery op synths and beat boxes theses days. Have a circuit and ES2, Needs a teeny tiny sampler and a little mixer maybe. Of course always into the stuttery weird stuff.

T-Shirt Size Large. V-Necks are rad
Music: Into everything. Prefer Vinyl. Cassette and Cd's cool as well.
Trying to be as drug free as possible these days haven't smoked weed in months but a little search shows a preference for particular pharmaceuticals, though the missus would not approve. I have poor impulse control, ha preaching to the choir there.

Dig all sorts of good beers but can't do hard liquor.
Love oddball art for around the house so draw me a picture. Shit have the kid draw a picture I"ll frame it and hang it somewhere.

I am boring as all hell these days, apologies in advance to whoever was unfortunate enough to pull me as their SS.

Either way just happy to be involved again this year.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrmy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 am

Well, I haven't been posting a ton lately, so I feel kinda obligated to post some kind of helpful something...

T-shirts: size L. Only request is no white t-shirts.

Music: mp3s or CDs cuz I'm way unhip like that. I like a lot of stuff. If you have stuff, I would love to hear it!

Books: yes. I'm a total sucker for books about bands / scenes, whether I know them or not.

Food: anything involving dark chocolate or hot sauce. I'm not a macho man about hot-sauce, tho - it doesn't have to be ONE BILLIONDY SCOVILLES TRIPLE GHOST PEPPER SCORPION JUICE.

Pedals: always the tricky bit, ain't it? Um... weird stuff? I mean, I'm cool with straight-up fuzzes too, but would prefer some kind of tricked out modded muff to a stock-perfect-replica of a 1979 Ram's Head yadda yadda. Would love something like an EQD Transmisser, or an Alexander Syntax error. Let's get nuts!

That said, I will treasure and love whatever you send. ILFmas is the best time of year, and I'm just happy that we're still doing it!
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:So, we are all keen on exchanging actual Satanic relics/memorabilia this year.

Fuck yeah!
Me too.

Getting a new tattoo on Friday which has some subtle occultish overtones. Super pumped.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Damn.
Jealous of your grimoire body modifications.
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:27 pm

I am down.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:46 pm

goroth wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:So, we are all keen on exchanging actual Satanic relics/memorabilia this year.

Fuck yeah!
Me too.

Getting a new tattoo on Friday which has some subtle occultish overtones. Super pumped.

Currently accepting any saintly body parts, good or evil, bonus for enchanted demon peens.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:49 pm

+666 sexual tyranny.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear