Carvin Audio Liquidation Sale

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Carvin Audio Liquidation Sale

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Corey Y wrote:Kind of makes me wonder if this hasn't been coming for a while and that's part of the reason Mark and Jeff Kiesel separated from the Carvin Audio side of things and moved into a new building. Completely conjecture on my part, their reasons might have been totally unrelated to what caused this.

I was thinking the same thing. Apparently, the company will continue but the product mix will be different. I'm interested in seeing what the new company will look like. Carvin is still alive according to the tone king. I have an SX300 head. Green toltex with a white face and white piping. I like the sound but it is big ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 pm

BTW, I still have Kiesel guitars on my mind ... I want an Aries in Antiqued Swamp Ash
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:13 pm

DRodriguez wrote:
chuckjaywalk wrote:I wish this was happening in 6 months, when I can actually think about affording an amp. A Classic in tweed or the Steve Vai combo would be perfect.

Wait a bit, this is the first round of liquidation. Prices will continue to drop

The problem is that only 1 foot XLR cables and metal cab corners will be left over ... :p
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Well, looks like the clearance is about done and now it's Carvin Amps and Audio. I hope they put out a X100B in pedal/rack form. I put an order in for one, it was accepted, but I got a message that the X100B was not in stock. I would be totally happy with a pedal version ...
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:56 am

JereFuzz wrote:Well, looks like the clearance is about done and now it's Carvin Amps and Audio. I hope they put out a X100B in pedal/rack form. I put an order in for one, it was accepted, but I got a message that the X100B was not in stock. I would be totally happy with a pedal version ...

I’ll sell you a vintage x100b. But I doubt you want to pay shipping. Haha.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am

Btw, I got an email from Carvin noting that they would be releasing a new pedal tomorrow at NAMM.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Yeah, I got that email. They are "relaunching" as Carvin Amps & Audio. It sounds like they're just focusing on the Vai endorsed tube preamp pedal and live PA type gear. They appear to have completely dropped all the actual amps and announced another preamp pedal coming based on one of their "classic" amps. Which can only be the X100B, because I couldn't name you another noteworthy amp from them. I sent them an email when they announced the liquidation, asking if they had any X100B amps in stock, b-stock, return, anything and never got a reply. No clue what's going on with the company, if they restructured or sold or partnered up or what.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Corey Y wrote:Yeah, I got that email. They are "relaunching" as Carvin Amps & Audio. It sounds like they're just focusing on the Vai endorsed tube preamp pedal and live PA type gear. They appear to have completely dropped all the actual amps and announced another preamp pedal coming based on one of their "classic" amps. Which can only be the X100B, because I couldn't name you another noteworthy amp from them. I sent them an email when they announced the liquidation, asking if they had any X100B amps in stock, b-stock, return, anything and never got a reply. No clue what's going on with the company, if they restructured or sold or partnered up or what.

Interestingly, I didn’t see the email but just happened to look at the site and email the company. I’d bet it would be the x100b. If so, day one purchase.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:22 pm

I'd considering pickup up an X100B preamp pedal. Although my favorite thing about that amp was the clean channel, I used the dirt channels a lot for recording other people. I could get pretty much any tone I wanted out of it with a few pedals.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:44 pm

Corey Y wrote:I'd considering pickup up an X100B preamp pedal. Although my favorite thing about that amp was the clean channel, I used the dirt channels a lot for recording other people. I could get pretty much any tone I wanted out of it with a few pedals.

The vai legacy pedal has a clean channel with tons of external Footswitch options. I hope they include the graphic eq and make swapping tubes easier than the vai pedal.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:41 pm

As everyone expected, the X1 preamp pedal (w/1watt amp) ... available spring ... sounds great ...:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=FNu1GeNrwNM[/youtube]
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:29 pm

odontophobia wrote:
JereFuzz wrote:Well, looks like the clearance is about done and now it's Carvin Amps and Audio. I hope they put out a X100B in pedal/rack form. I put an order in for one, it was accepted, but I got a message that the X100B was not in stock. I would be totally happy with a pedal version ...

I’ll sell you a vintage x100b. But I doubt you want to pay shipping. Haha.

Well ... I picked up an x60b on Craigslist ... great amp but the Toltex does have some wear; the electronics appear excellent! I am going to replace the rusty corners and try to find replacement knobs. Unfortunately, replacement footswitches cost a pretty penny! Not many fs36xlrs laying around.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:28 am

Both of those pedals look pretty nice, but they exist in a pretty interesting price space... I wonder how big the market is for that sort of thing.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby JereFuzz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 am

goroth wrote:Both of those pedals look pretty nice, but they exist in a pretty interesting price space... I wonder how big the market is for that sort of thing.

If the x1 is anything like the x100b it would be a great addition to anyone’s collection. The x100b cleans are full and nice and the overdrive is very unique; it seems to sit between a Fender and Marshall - more compressed than Fender, less so than a Marshall. The build quality of the 80s x60/100b is superb. You can find these used normally for less than $400. Carvin still has new ones for $799 (w Footswitch) but not many ...
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sat May 19, 2018 6:38 pm

goroth wrote:Both of those pedals look pretty nice, but they exist in a pretty interesting price space... I wonder how big the market is for that sort of thing.

Well they sold one to me today. I got the X1 from Sam Ash.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear