Get that $599 v3m head while it lasts.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Carvin Audio Liquidation Sale

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:16 am

I was just about to mention this.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 am

Yeah, funny because I just posted on their wall asking about the X100B. It was still on their site, but kind of out of the way, not on the main page, and every time you clicked the "BUY NOW" button, it redirected to their main page. So I asked if they discontinued it and they said yes, but stay tuned for some exciting news about the X100 line. Then they announced they're going out of business. I guess we know some of why Mark and Jeff Kiesel separated the instrument and electronics parts of the company and moved into a new building now.

They do have some of the most underrated, solid amps out there though. If they reissued the X100A (same amp, but without the graphic EQ) I would buy it new at full price in a hot second. Even though I still think that amp has more features than it needs, the basic tone and EQ are good. The B1000 and B2000 bass amps are great clean pedal platforms too, it's a shame they never took the leap to selling in chain stores or anything. The direct sales model makes their stuff a great deal, but it never really got the attention it deserved, because they can certainly hang with brands like Hartke and Peavey, quality wise, even if they weren't as prolific with new models.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:51 am

Wait, is Carvin in trouble financially?
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:08 am

So they are still making instruments, but the audio side is going?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:27 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:So they are still making instruments, but the audio side is going?

Carvin and Kiesel are now two totally different companies.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:03 am

I wish this was happening in 6 months, when I can actually think about affording an amp. A Classic in tweed or the Steve Vai combo would be perfect.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:06 am

Kind of makes me wonder if this hasn't been coming for a while and that's part of the reason Mark and Jeff Kiesel separated from the Carvin Audio side of things and moved into a new building. Completely conjecture on my part, their reasons might have been totally unrelated to what caused this.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DRodriguez » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:14 am

chuckjaywalk wrote:I wish this was happening in 6 months, when I can actually think about affording an amp. A Classic in tweed or the Steve Vai combo would be perfect.

Wait a bit, this is the first round of liquidation. Prices will continue to drop
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:25 am

DRodriguez wrote:
chuckjaywalk wrote:I wish this was happening in 6 months, when I can actually think about affording an amp. A Classic in tweed or the Steve Vai combo would be perfect.

Wait a bit, this is the first round of liquidation. Prices will continue to drop

Hopefully, I am in a position to take advantage of it. Fingers crossed.
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:03 pm

Sad... Carvin and Peavey were both companies that offered really solid stuff, that was made in the USA, at really good prices. I think their failures (well, Peavey is still around, just mostly overseas production now) came down to marketing and aesthetics. They had so much going for them if they could have capitalized on making the stuff 'cool' but it always looked like leftover stuff from the 90s.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chuckjaywalk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:07 pm

repoman wrote:Sad... Carvin and Peavey were both companies that offered really solid stuff, that was made in the USA, at really good prices. I think their failures (well, Peavey is still around, just mostly overseas production now) came down to marketing and aesthetics. They had so much going for them if they could have capitalized on making the stuff 'cool' but it always looked like leftover stuff from the 90s.

Lack of tube reverb in tube amps kills the appeal of both companies for me. Otherwise fantastic amps lacking one thing I need.
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:12 pm

It's pretty difficult to get tube reverb in an amp, unless it's a high end reissue or boutique. It's so easy to do reverb simpler and cheaper, there has to be a marketing angle or a premium price on it for most builders. I don't think tube driven is completely necessary, but most that don't do it also don't really go through trouble to make solid state driven spring reverb sound as good as the tube driven circuits either.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rickenbastard » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:57 pm

i really want that TS100 tube power amp but I'm so damn broke. Would love to push my DA120 preamp through it.
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Even with the 25% off, this shit is not even a good deal. LOL! For instance, you can get a Carvin Bx250 B stock for 199.99. For the "liquidation" price it's 225.00 plus shipping (that's with the code applied).

If they have been sold to a liquidator, which is likely, it's a fucking scam. They all are. You have to be careful. They'll say the shit is on sale by upping the original price and selling it for as close to new price as possible.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Next

Return to General Gear