EQD Data Corrupter

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: EQD Data Corrupter

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:43 pm

jwar wrote:He's a graphic designer by day

He would be poor af in my country as a graphic designer :lol:

Anyways, good for him he's doing it without being greedy or something like that, that's admirable.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Excane is the best.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pete » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:03 pm

His awesome demos of the Mountainking Electronic pedals were my introduction to that company. I recently watched his Digitech Death Metal demos (kind of want one)
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby themagpie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:28 pm

I circuit bent mine

themagpie

involved
involved

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Now circuit bent a boss tuner where all the strings are set to A but the screen shows standard.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 am

aens_wife wrote:
codetocontra wrote:Positive reviews for free pedals? I dunno. That is accusatory. Just like how some YT demoers get free stuff, every "review" is positive and don't mention the negatives.

You guys do know that not only are some of those YT dudes getting free pedals, but they are paid for those videos, right?

The lack of transparency is becoming painfully obvious. There should probably be disclaimers.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby actual » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 am

Aren't most "reviews" these days just a bunch of sounds made with the pedal, and then you decide whether or not you like those sounds?
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:31 am

They really aren't objective reviews. Demos are like infomercials. And while some things might sound cool what doesn't make the final cut is the negatives, like volume drops, poor tracking, poor bypass signal, spending 10 minutes to dial in something interesting, extraneous noise, etc... Someone would have to buy the pedal to find out all that. Or pay attention here. But even then some threads are really hot and then slow to a crawl once more people have them in their hand. The praise and curiosity stops, which is probably a hint.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:00 am

codetocontra wrote:They really aren't objective reviews. Demos are like infomercials. And while some things might sound cool what doesn't make the final cut is the negatives, like volume drops, poor tracking, poor bypass signal, spending 10 minutes to dial in something interesting, extraneous noise, etc... Someone would have to buy the pedal to find out all that. Or pay attention here. But even then some threads are really hot and then slow to a crawl once more people have them in their hand. The praise and curiosity stops, which is probably a hint.

I'll gladly review pedals and say they suck because a lot of pedals fucking suck. I wouldn't make any friends doing it though. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby dandy13 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:42 am

Buy one of these or wait for Montreal Assembly 's purpll??? :idk:
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:41 am

Both.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dandy13 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:02 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:Both.

Probably :facepalm:
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby Ghost Hip » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Hey, I just bought and received this thing and its pretty gosh dang neat. I honestly dialed in cool sounds instantly. I think it is most interesting when you take the square wave out of the mix and just fuck with the sub and oscillator. HOWEVER. The Squarewave signal into my Throat Locust is the coolest distorted tone I've ever heard and dialing in bits of the other channels made it ever more gnarly. BUT My favorite thing to do is dial out the squarewave and oscillator, and have the Sub track whatever the oscillator is doing. Super weird glitchy lead tones.

I'm gonna make a demo on my new channel in the next couple weeks... UNPAID AND FULL OF HYPE.

EDIT: About the gate thing, you can totally control that. On some settings it can pickup single coil hum, but it makes cool video game noises, so thats pretty darn cool. But honestly I never understood the silent between playing thing because you can just turn a pedal off. THATS A PRETTY COOL FEATURE. People would bitch about the Shoegazer being noisy when they stop playing back when this was Devi's forum, and I still don't get it. YEAH ITS NOISY, THATS THE IDEA. If you want a quiet pedal don't buy a pedal called DATA CORRUPTER or SHOE GAZER.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby dandy13 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Got mine: fun pedal! Like ghost hip was saying, it was suprisingly easy to dial some good sounds straight away but I feel like I've barely scratched the surface
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Ghost Hip wrote: About the gate thing, you can totally control that.

I mostly like running it with guitar tone rolled off. It's generally most controllable that way and it goes quiet when you're not playing.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear