Are you for or against anti-pirating laws?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Are you for or against anti-pirating laws?

Postby repoman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Would you like to see anti-piracy laws enforced?

As in- all copyrighted music (and stuff like TV shows, movies available for free/pirated) would disappear from youtube/the internet and you would have to pay for all that stuff again like in the past?
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Are you for or against anti-pirating laws?

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm OK with paying as long as price for digital content is right. In the meantime I'll keep downloading stuff from TPB, slsk, pth, etc... I still buy physical formats when it really means something for me however, but for this to happen I need to get a full copy first, not a 20% of the whole damn thing :idk:
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:22 pm

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Not with companies like Disney around.
If Disney suddenly folded, maybe, but probably not.

I still laugh about the Melchior Rietveldt thing, though.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:57 pm

I like free

I dislike stealing

I think the value of music and movies is declining. Aka people are willing to pay less

I think subscription services are he new thing.

Netflix, Apple Music, etc. there's no value in owning music if you can listen to it whenever you want for pennies.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:18 pm

jrfox92 wrote:Not with companies like Disney around.
If Disney suddenly folded, maybe, but probably not.

I still laugh about the Melchior Rietveldt thing, though.

I think big media corporations make (or made) a huge stink about online piracy, but are secretly for it because it keeps startups/independent media/music completely non-existent or completely in the red where as big corporations have the means/channels to still push what they want to push because of their sheer weight/media megaplex conglomerate connections.

I believe if people still had to pay for stuff, independent/innovative music/media would be of much more abundance of high quality in the realm of popular culture.

It would suck because there would be so much stuff you would never hear or know about though.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:00 am

Re:streaming, but the content is always so limited! Like so much of my bandcamp stuff I've purchased isn't anywhere. Must be some way to solve this, but I don't know if anyone cares when I'm probably one of like 10 people that bought the recent Shallow e.p, just to name something random that I'm sure isn't on a big streaming service. Like it doesn't make fiscal sense for them to care about people like me...
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:28 am

I'm pretty comfortable pirating shit these days. As has been mentioned, the way current companies/conglomerations are running themselves it makes it easier and easier to justify pirating things.
I don't like the idea of paying for a digital download ever, and if I'm browsing bandcamp I usually immediately exit if the band wants me to pay for a download, especially if they don't offer anything physical. If I like the music, I'll want to buy something tangible to support the band, or actually pay something in the "pay what you want" area.
For games, especially scumfuck pieces of shit like Bethesda, I have absolutely no issue at all with it. I've bought most games they've put out/published, and recently uninstalled a paid for version of Fallout 4 because they fucked it up and started all the microtransaction bullshit, and a cracked, torrented version functions better than a legit one. That and we're in a day and age where you people are happy to pay $40 to test an alpha/beta game, and I can't get behind that at all. Maybe if companies started doing more demo's (I know, Bethesda did that, shut up) I would know if I actually liked it or not before buying it. This is starting to sound like some real "back in my day" type shit, but demo's were cool and helped me figure out whether or not a game was worth buying.
I think a lot of it comes down to how I feel about the company at hand really, if they've displayed behaviour that shows they would comfortably steal from me/other people, I have no quarrel stealing from them.

Not much beats owning physical items, whether it's vinyl, gear or DVD's/whatever, people like to collect shit, and dropping a needle or putting a disc into a player puts you in a completely different mindset to pressing a button, which I think a lot of people still value. Anti-piracy laws/methods don't do anything except force people to get better at pirating, there's no way to stop it, and as Johnnyangle said, there's an abundance of everything so it all gets devalued; so instead of trying to stop it by punishing people, do something to make what you have more desirable, or at least more attainable. Maybe that's an excessively romantic/simplistic way of looking at the situation, but meh.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:02 am

repoman wrote:Would you like to see anti-piracy laws enforced?

As in- all copyrighted music (and stuff like TV shows, movies available for free/pirated) would disappear from youtube/the internet and you would have to pay for all that stuff again like in the past?

Your first paragraph is not consistent with your second.

Labels and the like (media companies) routinely upload album tracks, films, etc. to YouTube, and some of these albums (a lot of them actually) are not available in certain countries. "Available for free/pirated" is a hilarious kludge that can only come from a misunderstanding of the present situation.

So I would like to see some consistency with reality before I comment on the situation.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:33 am

D.o.S. wrote:I would like to see some consistency with reality before I comment on the situation.

Story of my life.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:02 am

cue Social Distortion and title credits
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:17 am

D.o.S. wrote:
repoman wrote:Your first paragraph is not consistent with your second.

Labels and the like (media companies) routinely upload album tracks, films, etc. to YouTube, and some of these albums (a lot of them actually) are not available in certain countries. "Available for free/pirated" is a hilarious kludge that can only come from a misunderstanding of the present situation.

So I would like to see some consistency with reality before I comment on the situation.

Movie/tv torrents, plenty of albums/media is on youtube through legal loopholes, no way/means to enforce copyright.
The portion of media you are referring to is a drop in the bucket.
The post is more philosophical on peoples stance if they could turn back time and not let the 'cat out of the bag.'
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

You mean back to the days of free radio promos for days? Or is that stealing under your logic?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:44 am

D.o.S. is my pirate
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:45 am

I believe if people still had to pay for stuff, independent/innovative music/media would be of much more abundance of high quality in the realm of popular culture.

how so? if you want a good movie to be made, get on their go fund me or someshyit then wait 4 yrs for it to be pieced together not even half done sitting in some studio locker for another year in a half with complications on ownership so production moves to another project and the mysteek grows.
everyday someone somewhere releases into the world a sparkly spankin new fresh sandwich or a hot shit sandwich for the taking, there is already so much out there, people who would be in the light of yesteryear, can not today, can not happen unless they are promoting a certain self image(corporate) to promote a sanitary condition in a decrepit world,false love, no true rebellion that is not harmful, that is what this www. has done, given all the chance to become somebody real soon, which is great... if your heart is in it and your working hard for it, it is all self gratification unless it pays the bills.... and that is what the looseness of internet has done, given everyone and their grandmother a chance at promoting ones ideas, image, crochet, music, ect. which is awesome yet it hardens the fact everything has been done, and better than you$!, ..and anything new you may not agree with, is not for you, your ship has sailed, give it to me for free, the boat is sinking and we are starving. This new generation can pay for whatever and hopefully stumble apon the old public domain federal fair Use Act, 17 US Code 107 videos on youtube that...has the most soul. Image

and since theres no more record stores where I live and movie stores are expensive...thank goodness for streaming free sites or I would have never stumbled across forms of art movies/music that helped me not kill myself. :animal:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion