Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby drolo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:15 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:Let's get M I N I M A L ! ! !

PB 08-15-17.JPG

You should get a pink tuner though :-)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Faldoe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:38 am

Ruiner wrote:
mysteryroach wrote:
Yeah I figured it wouldn't be good for stomping on. What if I'm using a loop switcher though? (also in a tabletop situation) I would still have to apply pressure to turn on the stompboxes on top of it - but not as much as if I'm stomping on it every time to switch on/off (unless I'm really careful with how hard I stomp).

I get that either way it is sacreligious to cover up a tape window, as they're pretty mesmerizing. Can't exactly spare the room on my board though. I passed on a really good deal on a replicator partially for that reason (also because I've heard it's too warble-y). I figure this may be an option to get a cv-controllable tape delay onto my board, without much footprint (i.e. using a vocu vte-2000, which has all the controls on the side, rather than some on top). So if it's of any use to me, it's with pedal's stacked on top of it.

I doubt many of those get sold on the used market though, so it's only in the off chance one pops up for sale.

Yeeaaaaah, i don't know... i'd have to take a closer look at it but i just think you wouldn't want to put pressure on that top. Would definitely make more sense with the VTE-2000. I could be wrong though, maybe if it was tabletop and had a soft switch on the pedal you place on it. Not something i'd be comfortable with personally though.... especially risking messing it up with scratches or breaking due to the price of it.

And if you didn't see this, here is an example of what it sounds like:

That tape is trippy to watch. I'd be sitting there stuck face playing away for hours looking at it. Looks like stop animation.
Faldoe

Postby Olin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 am

The attachment PB 08-15-17.JPG is no longer available

This is
Attachments
article-2370147-00478F5700000258-946_634x507.jpg
article-2370147-00478F5700000258-946_634x507.jpg (91.07 KiB) Viewed 3678 times
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby GWFH » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 pm

418a wrote:Image

wat is that pedal to the right of the voodoo labs trem?
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
GWFH

interested
interested

Postby codetocontra » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:43 pm

^ First post. Loves HM2. :hug:
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Njorodyn wrote:Not sure how or if I'm doing this right for a first post. However - here's a shot.

I just recently got back into guitar a few months ago from a solid 9 year break. I decided to dedicate a decent chunk of my time to practicing at a more mature level from my teen years. When I was younger I couldn't afford pedals and totally forgot about them before I moved and decided to work on graduating Highschool, selling the crappy setup I had. This is what I culminated after a few weeks of scouring for stuff that is as close to stuff I want to play.

The pedalboard I threw together from scraps at Home Depot, dimensions are 1' x 2' - enough for me to start out and still have some room to breath and without stomping on two buttons at once.

The signal chain:
1)Donner Digital Tuner
2)Walrus Audio Janus
3)Phosphene Audio Psychic Spectrum
4)Phosphene Audio 976-Kvlt
5)Dwarfcraft SOMMS

On the power supply, I know that it isn't an ISO board. I plan on picking one up next week from Voodoo Labs. It was the only one I could find for a decent price when I was getting started up again.

I'm still looking for things to compliment what I've already got. Possibly looking at some budget option Boss pedals or other fuzz pedals that are a little more straight forward. Other than that, I hope you guys like it!

http://i.imgur.com/0HCYnIo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bxWYkHk.jpg

If you've got joysticks on board, you don't need to justify your power supply to us.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:01 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:If you've got joysticks on board, you don't need to justify your power supply to us.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fever606 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Vidret, buddy... you alright? Some kind of hook-related trauma befall you?

Also, bold move putting the tuner before "The Captain's Cold Mistress"...
fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:21 pm

vidret wrote:it's just so much more efficient

compare hook to MT-2 plz
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:35 pm

$22 Japanese made Hooks shit all over these current boutique clones.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Did a bit of a drone session for myself about two weeks ago. This was it. Basically it's what I've been using as my bass board, except here I had taken the cat tail off and added the Blurst and Pitchgrinder.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:02 pm

That looks goood. :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby codetocontra » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:05 pm

^ Yeah! Clips?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PanicProne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:15 am

Thanks guys.
I'm enjoying it a lot. Starting to find some nice sounds/combinations that seem to immediately work, which is nice. Have a couple more pedals incoming so eventually might upgrade to a PT-2 (which is what I use for guitar), but all in all feeling very happy with this setup. Looking fwd to hopefully start using it in a band again soon. Really starting to enjoying playing bass now. Currently playing it a lot more than guitar.
No clips I'm afraid, or luckily enough. :P Depends on how you look at it.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear