The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby behndy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Little Nightmares and Nier Automatica are experiences i desire. but they're both still full price.

debating splurging on one or the other. or doing a few run-throughs of Borderlands 1 until they get cheaper.

DILEMMA.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 am

I'm surprised that Nier is still full price - even when there's a 'Big In Japan' sale on PSN Store - even the used copies go for about $70-88 aud. I really want it, might have to splurge on it. :idk:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby backwardsvoyager » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:14 pm

i don't think you guys would be disappointed with Nier at full price, it's an amazing experience IMO.

just copped a Switch with 20% off ebay coupon. been pretty on the fence about buying one but some of the devs i like seem to have jumped on board now so it'll probably pay off eventually.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:26 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:i don't think you guys would be disappointed with Nier at full price, it's an amazing experience IMO.

just copped a Switch with 20% off ebay coupon. been pretty on the fence about buying one but some of the devs i like seem to have jumped on board now so it'll probably pay off eventually.

Yeah, paying games at full price helps people like me having a job ;).

And the Switch is now more expensive than ever here. It's been 4 damn months and it's still impossible to buy the fucking thing except at +50% price... Urgh. Get your shit together, Nintendo.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby raj007 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:19 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:I guess people should add me now I have PS+. I have/am getting:

Doom
Wipeout collection
MGSV
Rocket League
Puyo Puyo Tetris

Username: GreenPhazon from back when I was obsessed with metroid

Yaaaaa Rocket League. I'll jam w you.

My user name: BeardTron
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:57 am

lol. i dunno. i mean. i think i have paid my share of games stuff. this is the first generation i've only bought 1 of the 3 systems, for 3 or so gens i had all three. for about 10 years i was buying 2-3 games a month when they dropped.

i just feel a little burnt paying $60 for a 7 or 8 hour playthrough with no replay value. like, new Doom? fucking AWESOME. but i am sooooo glad it was less than $2p when i grabbed it. i had a blast playing through the campaign, sorta enjoyed going at the hardest level, but there was zero difference. just.... harder.

stuff like Borderlands? where i can still play yearrrrrs later? oh yeah. i have bought Borderlands 1 on 3 systems i think, even though they dick handed people with the Handsome Edition a few months after saying PreSequel would only be on ps2/360, sold the first season pass i ever bought that had the SHITTIEST content (except for the Claptastic Voyage), then had it all in HD for cheaper..... i just love that series so damn much.

i dunno. i'm rambling. what's the replay value of Nier? like, without giving anything away? i know nothing about it except that it's supposed to be all the awesomes.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby backwardsvoyager » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:55 am

oscillateur wrote:And the Switch is now more expensive than ever here. It's been 4 damn months and it's still impossible to buy the fucking thing except at +50% price... Urgh. Get your shit together, Nintendo.

they've been in stock almost everywhere for a while now here so they obviously aren't distributing them very evenly.
god forbid people in the country it was designed have a fair chance to buy one :facepalm:

behndy wrote:lol. i dunno. i mean. i think i have paid my share of games stuff. this is the first generation i've only bought 1 of the 3 systems, for 3 or so gens i had all three. for about 10 years i was buying 2-3 games a month when they dropped.

i just feel a little burnt paying $60 for a 7 or 8 hour playthrough with no replay value. like, new Doom? fucking AWESOME. but i am sooooo glad it was less than $2p when i grabbed it. i had a blast playing through the campaign, sorta enjoyed going at the hardest level, but there was zero difference. just.... harder.

stuff like Borderlands? where i can still play yearrrrrs later? oh yeah. i have bought Borderlands 1 on 3 systems i think, even though they dick handed people with the Handsome Edition a few months after saying PreSequel would only be on ps2/360, sold the first season pass i ever bought that had the SHITTIEST content (except for the Claptastic Voyage), then had it all in HD for cheaper..... i just love that series so damn much.

i dunno. i'm rambling. what's the replay value of Nier? like, without giving anything away? i know nothing about it except that it's supposed to be all the awesomes.

oh i agree with you, it's just that Nier is at least 40 hrs long, has 26 'endings', and is a really high quality/unique game so it's the sort of thing that deserves the splurge IMO.

it's definitely easy to get burnt out with the number of expensive games that have short campaigns and require a season pass to feel like a full experience. Nier has 1 DLC pack at the moment but it's absolutely not stuff that needed to be included in the game originally.
i almost never replay games but i'm planning to replay it at some point so that maybe says a lot? it has new game+ so you can go from the start and clean up side quests and endings and stuff.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:45 am

Picked up Mad Max recently, am thoroughly enjoying it. It feels like Mad Max, looks like Mad Max and is everything I would want from a Mad Max game. I've put the story on hold so I can bomb around the first region doing all the little side quests which I never do for a game.

And this worries me.

Does the game get crap towards the end? I've played too many AAA games where the quality just dies after the first couple of levels and I don't want this to happen.

Spill the beans (without spilling the actual storyline beans), can I expect to meet more leatherface monster bastards with their dicks chopped off? Will my car go vroom vroom vroom? Do I get to play as the landmine hunting dog?
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby behndy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:57 am

BackYardVoyaging - well, you DO paint an enticing picture. might grab it up soon.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:31 am

I was thinking about getting Mad Max as well. Looks pretty fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:03 am

Fun is exactly what it is. And Max doesn't look like Mel Gibson or Tom Hardy which is actually a cool thing, helps you discover a whole new world for yourself or something. And the controls are really well thought out. Melee/shooting combat works really well and driving is a blast.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby Olin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:48 pm

Achtane wrote:I was thinking about getting Mad Max as well. Looks pretty fun.

I was really surprised with how good this was. I didn't expect much from it but the environments are really impressive and everything has a perfect sense of weight to it. Combat is pretty much cut and paste from the Arkam games, which suits it pretty well, but the cars really come into their own.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Mad Max was really fun but I felt that it got really repetitive in a Far Cry sort of way. The sidequests all started to feel the same and after a few upgrades I felt that there was no challenge to anything. Maybe I need to replay on a harder difficulty
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Mad Max looks hellza fun.

woooot. grabbed Nier. annnnnd new copies were actually only $45. bonuuuuus.

gotta finish a music thingy when i get home, then if The Wife doesna want to watch any moving image studd, vege out with the vid games time.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby waltdogg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:21 pm

playing bioshock infinite. decided to bind melee to my left mouse click and say fuck it to guns. skyhooking the fuck out of people up close and personal is more fun than running and gunning.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion