Red Panda Tensor

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:29 pm

damnableman wrote:Wait. The Timebender does this?
PLEASE ELABORATE

:idk:
Not 100% sure.
CALLING ALL BRANDS.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:01 pm

I have Timebender. It does many things but I don't think this.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby damnableman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:14 pm

According to Instagram enclosures and PCBs will arrive at Red Panda HQ in September.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BX_IOXah1L6/
Apparently they added an extra knob...

damnableman

committed
committed

Postby Eric! » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:06 pm

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:10 pm

haha this pedal...
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eric! » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:49 pm

?sdrawkcab gniog ew erA ?deppots emit sah...tiaW
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:35 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:like to see more of those soft stompers, enough with the old latchers....but not on all pedals.

This.
It can't be that big of a deal (especially for boutique pedals) since even EQD has managed to adapt their pedals to relays while maintaining relatively low prices.
:idea:

Sorry for the slow, off-topic "me too" but I missed this thread the first time around.

"Here's our $200 "ambient" pedal, you turn it on with this noisy, 75 cent footswitch!"

How old is stompswitch 'technology', like 75 years old now? I have new respect for Boss, DOD and Digitech pedals... you can turn them on without ruining your recording.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Its easy to mic an amp for off-axis rejection if you insist on playing in the room with the amp while recording.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:10 pm

No one will ever be fucking happy.

Listen those 75 cent stomps don't cost 75 cents. Where in the hell did you get that number from? If they are using good ones, try 3-5 dollars a piece. I've found them in bulk for 1 dollar a piece for shit ones, not for good ones.

The noise is a build up that goes away after a few stomps. Easy peasy. Don't understand the big deal. You either have true bypass or buffered bypass. The only way to add soft switching that I know of is to add a relay in there. So, whoever is making said pedal has to design a relay bypass which is not easy and costs time and money.

So if it's that big of a deal, I'm sure a builder will listen if you offer constructive criticism.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:14 pm

We have it GREAT nowadays. 15 years ago if you wanted a mechanical stomp switch in a pedal you had to buy a Carling DPDT and they were about $20 each.

Even a relay bypass is not silent. It just moves the physical switching out of the switch to a box elsewhere that clicks when you change the state. An electronic bypass like Boss pedals use is silent if designed properly but tons of people lose their minds if you build a pedal with buffered bypass.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:28 pm

I know. I like buffered bypass. I never understood the true bypass argument.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby K2000 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:35 pm

jwar wrote:No one will ever be fucking happy.

Listen those 75 cent stomps don't cost 75 cents. Where in the hell did you get that number from? If they are using good ones, try 3-5 dollars a piece. I've found them in bulk for 1 dollar a piece for shit ones, not for good ones.

The noise is a build up that goes away after a few stomps. Easy peasy. Don't understand the big deal. You either have true bypass or buffered bypass. The only way to add soft switching that I know of is to add a relay in there. So, whoever is making said pedal has to design a relay bypass which is not easy and costs time and money.

So if it's that big of a deal, I'm sure a builder will listen if you offer constructive criticism.

I stand corrected on the price. My complaint is about the loud "click" (which has ruined recordings of mine, it really cuts through). That clicking sound never goes away.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:35 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:We have it GREAT nowadays. 15 years ago if you wanted a mechanical stomp switch in a pedal you had to buy a Carling DPDT and they were about $20 each.

Even a relay bypass is not silent. It just moves the physical switching out of the switch to a box elsewhere that clicks when you change the state. An electronic bypass like Boss pedals use is silent if designed properly but tons of people lose their minds if you build a pedal with buffered bypass.

Darkglass created a soft clickless system, but Doug designed it from the ground up. It's buffered bypass, no noise at all and is rate for 1 million stomps. Insane. LOL.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 pm

only 1 million?

jwar wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:We have it GREAT nowadays. 15 years ago if you wanted a mechanical stomp switch in a pedal you had to buy a Carling DPDT and they were about $20 each.

Darkglass created a soft clickless system, but Doug designed it from the ground up. It's buffered bypass, no noise at all and is rate for 1 million stomps. Insane. LOL.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Mr. Black has soft, non-latching switches too.

I recall discussing this before, and people saying they need to feel the click. Really? You need more than the visual confirmation of an LED light and confirmation from hearing the effect with your ears?

Sorry to rant off topic, but this is something I feel strongly about, so when I noticed other people saying it too, I got a little hyped up.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear