EQD Data Corrupter

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: EQD Data Corrupter

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:27 pm

affectperdals wrote:http://youtu.be/-A6-XNSQF-Y

I made this demo. For some reason the youtube embedding isn't working for me right now...

^really great demo, shows that this beast can do everything from solid tracking to spray laser chaos

Im assuming that the usual tricks help: neck pickup, tone rolled off, and/or compressor pushing in front.
DRodriguez wrote:Imma build a disc delay based on a stationary bike, the faster you pedal, the faster the delay.

Bike backwards and you get a reverse delay.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby affectperdals » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:27 pm

I did use the neck pickup but I didn't roll back the tone at all or use any compression in the chain. Just the pedal. It's definitely got it's own compression or limiter in it. Glad you liked the video.
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:02 pm

It tracks better than the INFANEM Harmony Synth I had many years ago. It gets a hold of your note on the attack. Its just a matter of how long it holds it before wandering around.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:07 pm

This demo sold me. Most musical PLL I've heard save for the Second Voice.

"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby MrNovember » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:22 pm

After watching some of these videos, I might actually need one of these to replace my 4046-m. It seems a lot more controllable and it sounds great. That being said, two PPLs (one dedicated to drum machine and one to bass) would be acceptable....
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby echorec » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:24 pm

jwar wrote:This demo sold me. Most musical PLL I've heard save for the Second Voice.

Foot-tapping is way too loud. :picard:
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pete » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Yeah this thing is pretty sweet. It might eventually be the first PLL-type pedal I buy.

You've all probably already seen the Proguitarshop and gearmanndude videos, but they haven't been shared in this thread yet. I really enjoyed them, and found them to be two of the most useful demos so far:

Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:30 am

echorec wrote:
jwar wrote:This demo sold me. Most musical PLL I've heard save for the Second Voice.

Foot-tapping is way too loud. :picard:

Yea it's not perfect, but I dig it!

I need to sell some shit before I can actually buy one of these. Hoping I'll be able to nab one in the next month or so.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Pete » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:43 pm

King Buzzo with the Data Corrupter!
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:58 pm

I want one of these so fucking bad it hurts guys. Someone tell me I'm being crazy here.

I saw some folks talking shit on it on Pedal Boards of Doom (Facebook group). Those mofo's are crazy or just don't know how to use fucking pedals. I don't understand how you could hate this.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:16 am

Pete wrote:King Buzzo with the Data Corrupter!

This comes off weird. Buzz has been pretty outspoken in the past about not being a pedal nerd. Off hand remarks about only using what he can easily replace, or "not trusting" the kind of guitar player that uses a lot of effects. Barely changes his touring setup, only replacing run of the mill pedals for something similar. He did mention recording, so maybe that really is true. He owns a crap load of Gibsons, EGCs, and now Travis Bean Designs. I will have to ask about his pedals at home next time he comes through town.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pete » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:50 am

codetocontra wrote:
Pete wrote:King Buzzo with the Data Corrupter!

This comes off weird. Buzz has been pretty outspoken in the past about not being a pedal nerd. Off hand remarks about only using what he can easily replace, or "not trusting" the kind of guitar player that uses a lot of effects. Barely changes his touring setup, only replacing run of the mill pedals for something similar. He did mention recording, so maybe that really is true. He owns a crap load of Gibsons, EGCs, and now Travis Bean Designs. I will have to ask about his pedals at home next time he comes through town.

Yeah, I was thinking that too, and was pleasantly surprised to see this video. Maybe he's opened his mind a bit more with pedals? Last year he replaced his Electro-Harmonix Pitch Fork with an Earthquaker Arpanoid, though I'm pretty sure he had the Pitch Fork back instead of the Arpanoid, when I saw Melvins last month. Back in Decemberish Melvins shared a photo on their facebook page of pedals they were using for recording, or at least had lying around in the studio. I remember there were a bunch of Earthquakers. Then again, Earthquaker has become so big and successful, it seems they're with the big leagues now. I bet they came on Buzz's radar as pedal options that can be easily found/replaced... He seems like he wants things to be as simple as possible live, but is open to pretty much anything in the studio.

And of course there's the "demo" video where Buzz is introduced to the Zvex Fuzz Factory and Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun. He gives them positive reviews. :lol:

Have you interviewed him in the past?
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:19 am

Pete wrote:Yeah, I was thinking that too, and was pleasantly surprised to see this video. Maybe he's opened his mind a bit more with pedals? Last year he replaced his Electro-Harmonix Pitch Fork with an Earthquaker Arpanoid, though I'm pretty sure he had the Pitch Fork back instead of the Arpanoid, when I saw Melvins last month. Back in Decemberish Melvins shared a photo on their facebook page of pedals they were using for recording, or at least had lying around in the studio. I remember there were a bunch of Earthquakers. Then again, Earthquaker has become so big and successful, it seems they're with the big leagues now. I bet they came on Buzz's radar as pedal options that can be easily found/replaced... He seems like he wants things to be as simple as possible live, but is open to pretty much anything in the studio.

And of course there's the "demo" video where Buzz is introduced to the Zvex Fuzz Factory and Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun. He gives them positive reviews. :lol:

Have you interviewed him in the past?

Positive reviews for free pedals? I dunno. That is accusatory. Just like how some YT demoers get free stuff, every "review" is positive and don't mention the negatives.

I guess EQD is in GC now, so they are easily acquired. That at least makes sense. But swappng a Pitch Fork for an Arpanoid is weird, but kind of cool.

No, I never interviewed him for like press or anything. I just have my ways to meet musicians I want to speak with. ;) He isn't always super cheery after a show, and I can understand that a bit.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Purple Colored Rock » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:32 am

jwar wrote:I want one of these so fucking bad it hurts guys. Someone tell me I'm being crazy here.

I saw some folks talking shit on it on Pedal Boards of Doom (Facebook group). Those mofo's are crazy or just don't know how to use fucking pedals. I don't understand how you could hate this.

Don't listen to them, they can't appreciate the beauty of mayhem in a stompbox.
Purple Colored Rock

interested
interested

Postby codetocontra » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:34 am

The fact that so many people HATE this makes me like it a bit more. Yeah, I'm that kind of guy.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear