Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby Ruiner » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:42 pm

Pepe wrote:This thing looks so awesome! May we ask for a demo video? :drool:

Yeah, i'll try to do a little one this week.
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby worra » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Out: Tons of pedals, a couple guitars, my minibirute

In: Terverb

Incoming: OP-1 :!!!:
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:04 am

Yeah!! Finally, after 6 months of waiting and dealing with a no-show custom build of this, I found one on Muffs and it arrived today!! :omg:

Now to hunt down the elusive flower electronics boxes (anyone got these for sale?!?)
Attachments
IMG_3895.JPG
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:13 am

In: Deluxe Memory Boy

Will be going on soon: a whole bunch of pedals to fund some synth gear :omg:
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:01 pm

After work I'm swinging by a friend's place to borrow his OP-1 for a couple days to see how I jive with the workflow :')
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Congrats on the OP1 Worra and good luck jiving with one baremountain.

My biggest mistake in gear was waiting so long to get one. I thought it was gimmicky and gonna be lame and it's one of the coolest things i have ever owned.
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Incoming: repeater electronics horndog v2 :!!!:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:01 pm

chrisdermo wrote:Incoming: repeater electronics horndog v2 :!!!:

When you said 'Flower Electronics' I was going to rec the horn dog. They're awesome! Martin is a mastermind. He has that other instrument out (I know you're on muff Chris so you probably know).

Those flower boxes are elusive.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Ruiner wrote:Congrats on the OP1 Worra and good luck jiving with one baremountain.

My biggest mistake in gear was waiting so long to get one. I thought it was gimmicky and gonna be lame and it's one of the coolest things i have ever owned.

I wanted one of these before they got released because of Johan Kotlinski's (Mr LSDj) involvement but the price ended up being too high so I didn't get one. And then regularly I watch videos/read about it and think I would like one but always end up not doing it because it seems to be too much of a closed system... Perfect for holidays but not so great to interface with other gear. I.e. no easy way to integrate external effects with the internal recorder, no easy way to sync with other gear, etc.

Am I missing something ?
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ruiner » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:13 pm

oscillateur wrote:
Ruiner wrote:Congrats on the OP1 Worra and good luck jiving with one baremountain.

I wanted one of these before they got released because of Johan Kotlinski's (Mr LSDj) involvement but the price ended up being too high so I didn't get one. And then regularly I watch videos/read about it and think I would like one but always end up not doing it because it seems to be too much of a closed system... Perfect for holidays but not so great to interface with other gear. I.e. no easy way to integrate external effects with the internal recorder, no easy way to sync with other gear, etc.

Am I missing something ?

No you're not missing anything. I have a big wish list of send and returns, separate outputs for each track, etc.... but as a closed system it is much more than I imagined. The sounds are near endless with so much variation achievable especially once you add sampling. The thing is much deeper than expected and the interface is super intuitive. I like the confinement since it's not something I'm used to.... but I also use it in an unconfined way recording loops or single tracks and running through modular or effects and sync in my DAW. Also, you can plug it into your computer and take away each track separately and then run those through external effects or plug-ins which in doing now with the track I made on vacation.
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:00 am

$harkToootth wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:Incoming: repeater electronics horndog v2 :!!!:

When you said 'Flower Electronics' I was going to rec the horn dog. They're awesome! Martin is a mastermind. He has that other instrument out (I know you're on muff Chris so you probably know).

Those flower boxes are elusive.

Yep, I got the mailout about the grackler but the price is too high for me at the moment, I also would really want it to have external inputs to the filters. That said, when user videos start surfacing I may change my mind! I'm gonna hold out for the lbb and jh to come up one day, I feel they would complete my banana garden.
Last edited by chrisdermo on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:01 am

Note to self: 'banana garden' sounds like I'm talking about pubes.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:32 am

Hope ya had a great time in Tahoe Ruiner...I was supposed to go around the same time I guess you were up there, but just didnt work out this time. :whateva: ugh! hope you hit up the river!!!!!!!! Image
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:15 am

comesect2.0 wrote:Hope ya had a great time in Tahoe Ruiner...I was supposed to go around the same time I guess you were up there, but just didnt work out this time. :whateva: ugh! hope you hit up the river!!!!!!!! Image

Yeah it was my first time there and we loved it. I'm already on Zillow looking for investment houses to buy (not that i can afford that) so i can rent it out year round, visit when i want and eventually move there. :lol:

It's a very inspiring place. I'm working on an ambient project that uses only battery powered instruments and effects and mixing field recordings from remote locations all recorded to battery operated handheld Nagra SNST reel to reel. Each one will be accompanied by a video of the location and then i'm going to put it out on cassette with a field notes book as the insert with descriptions of the location and equipment used for each track. Tahoe was perfect for that. This isn't the final track and it wasn't recorded to the reel to reel in this audio as it was just a in progress post for Instagram but gives an idea of what it's about:

Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:41 am

Ruiner wrote:It's a very inspiring place. I'm working on an ambient project that uses only battery powered instruments and effects and mixing field recordings from remote locations all recorded to battery operated handheld Nagra SNST reel to reel. Each one will be accompanied by a video of the location and then i'm going to put it out on cassette with a field notes book as the insert with descriptions of the location and equipment used for each track. Tahoe was perfect for that. This isn't the final track and it wasn't recorded to the reel to reel in this audio as it was just a in progress post for Instagram but gives an idea of what it's about:

This rules as hell.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear