The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby neonblack » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:46 am

Fuck. Tequila.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:13 am

same but malt liquor. :sick: :barf: :omg:
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:27 pm

I am so angry and sad and frustrated today. The national news has been brutal. My personal health isn't where I would like it to be. And maybe most stressful of all is the fact that we are broke because we always are before a big release, especially in the summer months when it is slow to begin with.

And I can't drink at the moment because even one drink makes me feel like I have a massive hangover.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:25 pm

aens_wife wrote:I am so angry and sad and frustrated today. The national news has been brutal. My personal health isn't where I would like it to be. And maybe most stressful of all is the fact that we are broke because we always are before a big release, especially in the summer months when it is slow to begin with.

And I can't drink at the moment because even one drink makes me feel like I have a massive hangover.

It feels like a summer malaise has hit everyone. The only thing that gets me through the news cycle is the Knowledge Fight podcast reminding me that there are sane people who reject this wretchedness. Being broke and sick is terrible for morale. I'm also on the can't drink train, because of an ongoing battle with gout. We can do this. Fuzz in all things.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ck3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:43 pm

I had one of my last 2 Reverb orders sent back to me via USPS because it was allegedly undeliverable as addressed. This has never happened before. I printed an F-ing shipping label purchased from Reverb, so the address should have been correct. Additionally, the assessment of its weight was accurate.

Part of me wonders if the buyer opted not to sign for the package or if other shennanigans are afoot. I guess I'll know more when the package returns. This is one of many reasons I don't typically do business with Reverb buyers who have fewer than 5 positive transactions.

[Edit:] The buyer just messaged me, indicated there was an address error, and independently took accountability for working toward a mutual solution. Apparently, there are still decent people in the world, and some of them have fewer than 5 positive Reverb transactions.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:24 am

Motherfuckingfireworks!
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:23 am

aens_wife wrote:I am so angry and sad and frustrated today. The national news has been brutal. My personal health isn't where I would like it to be. And maybe most stressful of all is the fact that we are broke because we always are before a big release, especially in the summer months when it is slow to begin with.

If it helps, it's okay to take a break from watching the news and staying updated. I deleted my social media apps and stopped checking news sites for a week and felt a lot better afterwards. If you're afraid you'll be turning a blind eye, just remember that you need to keep your mental health safe before you can help others.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 pm

friendship wrote:
If it helps, it's okay to take a break from watching the news and staying updated. I deleted my social media apps and stopped checking news sites for a week and felt a lot better afterwards. If you're afraid you'll be turning a blind eye, just remember that you need to keep your mental health safe before you can help others.

I did this earlier in the year and it definitely helped. It is almost like an addiction for me now. I need to step away for a bit and do something that helps me grow, but it is hard to break bad habits.

It just feels like everything has hit me at one time and I just don't have the strength to get through it. I mean, I know it do, but I don't want to have to...
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:53 pm

i live in Charlottesville, and the events of the past weekend have me totally freaked out. i can't stop looking at the news on the computer, worrying about what disaster will be coming next. when i look outside, all i see is blood and Nazis.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:58 pm

:hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Olin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:48 am

I finally have more than a single day off for the first time in about six weeks, and have absolutely no idea what to do with my time. I don't want to do anything, but have that pestering internal pressure to do something productive. Whine, whine.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:03 am

about to spend almost another grand on sound proofing materials for my jam room. here's to hoping it fucking does the trick.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:39 am

Olin wrote:Wine, wine.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 am

I would offer an alternative suggestion to the news/societal anxiety thing. I have a huge problem with this, so does my wife and we talk about it a lot. In all sorts of ups and down over the past 18 years or so I've gone from really fired up about stuff, to burnt out and dead inside and all over, everywhere in between. Just recently I kind of made myself shake out of it and try to start doing something constructive to participate and contribute to the things that rile me up. I know that everyone has limits on their time, available energy (mental, physical and emotional) and their comfort zones, but I would suggest pushing yourself outside your comfort zone and try doing something you've never done before. Go to a charity event, contribute to a cause (that's a hard one, I know), go to a march or a vigil, volunteer for something. Make a little sacrifice of something you feel you can't really spare, because you'll find a way to make it work and you'll feel like you did something and not just like you're being smothered by the shit of the world.

It's just a suggestion based on me being REALLY hard on myself lately and after I pushed through it, I still felt depressed and anxious, but not EMPTY at least. Take it for whatever it's worth, just my thoughts.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 am

dubkitty wrote:i live in Charlottesville, and the events of the past weekend have me totally freaked out. i can't stop looking at the news on the computer, worrying about what disaster will be coming next. when i look outside, all i see is blood and Nazis.

Ugh that's awful, I'm sorry. Stay safe my guy.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion