The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:25 pm

aens_wife wrote:I am so angry and sad and frustrated today. The national news has been brutal. My personal health isn't where I would like it to be. And maybe most stressful of all is the fact that we are broke because we always are before a big release, especially in the summer months when it is slow to begin with.

And I can't drink at the moment because even one drink makes me feel like I have a massive hangover.


It feels like a summer malaise has hit everyone. The only thing that gets me through the news cycle is the Knowledge Fight podcast reminding me that there are sane people who reject this wretchedness. Being broke and sick is terrible for morale. I'm also on the can't drink train, because of an ongoing battle with gout. We can do this. Fuzz in all things.
chuckjaywalk

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1909
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby ck3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:43 pm

I had one of my last 2 Reverb orders sent back to me via USPS because it was allegedly undeliverable as addressed. This has never happened before. I printed an F-ing shipping label purchased from Reverb, so the address should have been correct. Additionally, the assessment of its weight was accurate.

Part of me wonders if the buyer opted not to sign for the package or if other shennanigans are afoot. I guess I'll know more when the package returns. This is one of many reasons I don't typically do business with Reverb buyers who have fewer than 5 positive transactions.

[Edit:] The buyer just messaged me, indicated there was an address error, and independently took accountability for working toward a mutual solution. Apparently, there are still decent people in the world, and some of them have fewer than 5 positive Reverb transactions.
ck3

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:59 pm
Location: Southcentral, CT, USA

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:24 am

Motherfuckingfireworks!
http://koorikuma.bandcamp.com/
Warning: The internet is a super serious place. Things you say in partial jest or light sarcasm might result in you getting labeled as a zealot by people with massive psychological hang-ups and enough time one their hands to write walls of text to prove to you that their existence is pointless and they are more ignorant than they perceive. Thank you.
Blackened Soul

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2713
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 1:41 am
Location: lost in the dark forests in my head

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby friendship » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:23 am

aens_wife wrote:I am so angry and sad and frustrated today. The national news has been brutal. My personal health isn't where I would like it to be. And maybe most stressful of all is the fact that we are broke because we always are before a big release, especially in the summer months when it is slow to begin with.

And I can't drink at the moment because even one drink makes me feel like I have a massive hangover.


If it helps, it's okay to take a break from watching the news and staying updated. I deleted my social media apps and stopped checking news sites for a week and felt a lot better afterwards. If you're afraid you'll be turning a blind eye, just remember that you need to keep your mental health safe before you can help others.
actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3136
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby aens_wife » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 pm

friendship wrote:
If it helps, it's okay to take a break from watching the news and staying updated. I deleted my social media apps and stopped checking news sites for a week and felt a lot better afterwards. If you're afraid you'll be turning a blind eye, just remember that you need to keep your mental health safe before you can help others.


I did this earlier in the year and it definitely helped. It is almost like an addiction for me now. I need to step away for a bit and do something that helps me grow, but it is hard to break bad habits.

It just feels like everything has hit me at one time and I just don't have the strength to get through it. I mean, I know it do, but I don't want to have to...
aens_wife

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:02 pm
Location: Eau Claire, WI

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby dubkitty » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:53 pm

i live in Charlottesville, and the events of the past weekend have me totally freaked out. i can't stop looking at the news on the computer, worrying about what disaster will be coming next. when i look outside, all i see is blood and Nazis.
"there is no culture is my brag"--Mark E. Smith

the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10062
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:58 pm

:hug:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 33860
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Olin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:48 am

I finally have more than a single day off for the first time in about six weeks, and have absolutely no idea what to do with my time. I don't want to do anything, but have that pestering internal pressure to do something productive. Whine, whine.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?
Olin

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:38 pm
Location: Ontario, probably.

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby waltdogg » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:03 am

about to spend almost another grand on sound proofing materials for my jam room. here's to hoping it fucking does the trick.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: hell, ca

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby actual » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:39 am

Olin wrote:Wine, wine.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2913
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Corey Y » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 am

I would offer an alternative suggestion to the news/societal anxiety thing. I have a huge problem with this, so does my wife and we talk about it a lot. In all sorts of ups and down over the past 18 years or so I've gone from really fired up about stuff, to burnt out and dead inside and all over, everywhere in between. Just recently I kind of made myself shake out of it and try to start doing something constructive to participate and contribute to the things that rile me up. I know that everyone has limits on their time, available energy (mental, physical and emotional) and their comfort zones, but I would suggest pushing yourself outside your comfort zone and try doing something you've never done before. Go to a charity event, contribute to a cause (that's a hard one, I know), go to a march or a vigil, volunteer for something. Make a little sacrifice of something you feel you can't really spare, because you'll find a way to make it work and you'll feel like you did something and not just like you're being smothered by the shit of the world.

It's just a suggestion based on me being REALLY hard on myself lately and after I pushed through it, I still felt depressed and anxious, but not EMPTY at least. Take it for whatever it's worth, just my thoughts.
Corey Y

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby friendship » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 am

dubkitty wrote:i live in Charlottesville, and the events of the past weekend have me totally freaked out. i can't stop looking at the news on the computer, worrying about what disaster will be coming next. when i look outside, all i see is blood and Nazis.


Ugh that's awful, I'm sorry. Stay safe my guy.
actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3136
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby actual » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:49 am

I have not one, not two, not three, but FIVE fucking mosquito bites IN MY FUCKING FACE. No wonder I dreamed I'd been in a fight, my face is fuuuucked.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2913
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Olin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:26 am

actualidiot wrote:I have not one, not two, not three, but FIVE fucking mosquito bites IN MY FUCKING FACE. No wonder I dreamed I'd been in a fight, my face is fuuuucked.


Dude, you ever got a mosquito bite on your ear or just inside your nostril? That shit is intolerable.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?
Olin

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:38 pm
Location: Ontario, probably.

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby actual » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:50 am

Fuck, no. That would blow. Pimples in the ear are bad enough.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2913
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 pm
Location: Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sonaboy and 3 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.