Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby oscillateur » Sat May 13, 2017 12:28 am

mr. sound boy king wrote:What are the two blue faced things in wood? What is the grey faced thing in wood? Also is that a Multicassa in the corner?

The blue thing in the middle is a standalone Meng Qi Voltage Memory.
The other blue one looks like a Meng Qi Arcade Manifold.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Sat May 13, 2017 7:27 am

01010111 wrote:

I've been thinking about doing something similar. You could probably use that cv/midi clock output to set the clock on the keystep. I think you might be able to get around some issues because I don't think the beatstep pro outputs midi clock unless the sequencer's running?

Yeah neither of the 'steps output clock unless sequencers are running. Not a problem the sequencers have individual mute buttons should you need the clock and nothing else. Yep, using the beatstep to clock the keystep. Although it just occurred to me that I think when you do that the arpeggiator speed knob on the keystep becomes useless, will need to try that out asap.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Sat May 13, 2017 7:31 am

mr. sound boy king wrote:What are the two blue faced things in wood? What is the grey faced thing in wood? Also is that a Multicassa in the corner?

Yes they are meng qi voltage memory and arcade manifold. The grey faced one is a ridiculously oversized coron ds8 clone built by a guy in the uk called tecbug who builds ds8, synchime, syntom etc clones and sequencers in nice wooden enclosures for very reasonable prices. This one has an on board pulse generator and cv / trigger ins for sequencing. Multicassa in the bottom left yes. Clearly I enjoy getting woody ;-).
Multicassa is really ace, primitive and unique sounding drum machine, nice pock-y drum sounds, very realistic woodblock sounds, nasty distorted techno style sounds and absolutely ridiculous punchy sub bass kick capabilities. Definitely a prized instrument for me!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Sat May 13, 2017 10:23 pm

Messy synth corner.

spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Ruiner » Sun May 14, 2017 9:57 am

Finally a pic of the whole synth family (for the most part... a few others on the main desk)

Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sun May 14, 2017 8:45 pm

spacelordmother wrote:Messy synth corner.

You have the beloved ESQ-1! You are my favorite person on this board right now!
[Insert "You won Charly" gif, will edit later]
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon May 15, 2017 3:39 am

chrisdermo wrote:. Although it just occurred to me that I think when you do that the arpeggiator speed knob on the keystep becomes useless, will need to try that out asap.

Turns out the keystep tempo multiplier still works if sync'd to external midi clock, but not if sync'd via analog clock (makes sense as analog clock is 1 pulse per beat, midi is considerably more)
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mr. sound boy king » Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 pm

chrisdermo wrote:

Yes they are meng qi voltage memory and arcade manifold. The grey faced one is a ridiculously oversized coron ds8 clone built by a guy in the uk called tecbug who builds ds8, synchime, syntom etc clones and sequencers in nice wooden enclosures for very reasonable prices. This one has an on board pulse generator and cv / trigger ins for sequencing. Multicassa in the bottom left yes. Clearly I enjoy getting woody ;-).
Multicassa is really ace, primitive and unique sounding drum machine, nice pock-y drum sounds, very realistic woodblock sounds, nasty distorted techno style sounds and absolutely ridiculous punchy sub bass kick capabilities. Definitely a prized instrument for me!

Awesome, thanks. I am also a Multicassa devotee. Wish every drum machine offered clock div sequencing!
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon May 22, 2017 8:38 am

Finally got around to redoing my tabletop. Now with way more synth! :zen:

MS-20 mini > In Limbo > Mixer > Mercury7
Pocket Piano > Mixer >Mercury7
iPad > Mixer > Mercury7
MNP-2 > tuner > F13 > Memory Loss > Mixer > Mercury7
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Mon May 22, 2017 8:50 am

That looks so awesome!
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Mon May 22, 2017 9:39 am

That Seppuku Memory Loss looks so out of place and disgusting there. Send it to me.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon May 22, 2017 10:02 am

Somehow, I feel like you're tricking me... ;)
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Picked up a Yamaha DX7 tonight! Just spent awhile messing with the factory preset sounds and sending it through pedals. Sounded ridiculous through a Frazz Dazzler and Bitquest! I'm pretty sure I'm going to swap these two around, though (DX7 on the bottom, Sub 37 on top). I also need to find some kind of stand to fit my Drumbrute in here.

MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby actual » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Nice one! Put it though the ext in of the 37 and trigger it from there as well, DX7 with Moog filter whaaat
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:08 pm

actualidiot wrote:Nice one! Put it though the ext in of the 37 and trigger it from there as well, DX7 with Moog filter whaaat

Oooo, I didn't think of that. Will test it out tomorrow
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear