Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby blakestree » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:39 am

I think Portugal. The Man's Woodstock is turning into my favorite album, so far, this year.

It is not as obvious as their previous albums. But, man, it's juicy once you start finding the layers.
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:50 am

GardenoftheDead wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:
GardenoftheDead wrote:Loving The Bug + Earth.

Which is weird cause I hated the bug for the longest time. Saw him open for NIN in 2008 and Warrior Queen RUINED the whole performance.

Or maybe you've just got that dreaded deficient gene that makes you dislike dancehall?

Warrior queen is fantastic.

I haven't listened to her recorded output but in that concert she stunk the room up big time.

https://m.soundcloud.com/warlady

Enjoy. What was the problem with her performance?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:34 am

High hopes for the new The Armed and God Mother records.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby HAVN » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:41 pm

PanicProne wrote:Have I posted about the Less Art-album yet?
Either way it's awesome! Members of Thrice, Kowloon Walled City and (I think) ex-Curl Up and Die. Love how they're jokingly labelling themselves "post-youth" too, in relation to the
post-hardcore they're playing.

Goddamn is this album good. Heard for the first time yesterday and it's been on repeat since then. To my ears it sounds like something between At The Drive-In (vocals?), Shiner (some of the mathier drum parts), and Kowloon.
HAVN

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:48 pm

I have not listened to this yet but "techno dnb hybrid" draws my attention every time! http://blackesteverblack.com/releases/p ... pessimist/

EDIT: I'm a doof goof. It's not out yet.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:59 pm

I'm a sucker for most anything BEB put out, they're about the only label that I consistently like. This stuff kind of reminds me of Christoph De Babalon, which is always a good thing.

Also re: Warrior Queen, I think a lot of enjoying her comes with understanding London and the surrounding genres that she's a part of. I can see her being pretty alienating to people that aren't familiar with dancehall and more importantly, grime; but boy if you start appreciating her for what she is does she have a lot to offer.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:06 am

Night Flight Orchestra's latest album may be one of my favourite records on recent years. Of any genre.
Been obsessed since it came out and I just like it more and more.

Also, not from this year, but Myrkur live in the mausoleum. Also haven't stopped listening to this.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:12 am

Olin wrote:I'm a sucker for most anything BEB put out, they're about the only label that I consistently like. This stuff kind of reminds me of Christoph De Babalon, which is always a good thing.

You and I are really on the same wavelength this week :hug:.
Whenever I listen to new D'n'B, I just want to listen to early Metalheadz chunes. While listening to PESSIMIST last night I found out Metalheadz remastered some SOURCE DIRECT this year so I promptly listened to that and some other late 90s chunes.

goroth wrote:Night Flight Orchestra's latest album may be one of my favourite records on recent years. Also, not from this year, but Myrkur live in the mausoleum. Also haven't stopped listening to this.

I will check both of these out tonight as I have seen you post about them before (namely the MYKUR record).
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Haha, sorry for being so predictable.

Myrkur is relentlessly beautiful, but never overdone.
Night Flight Orchestra on first inspection is just a bunch of dicks trying to be retro and cool. Then after a while, apart from pretty much every song getting in your head, you realise that while it has a sheen of late 70s early 80s radio pop rock, that music was never this good, never this much fun. Then after a few more listens you start to notice that the kick drum sound is glorious, the drum work really over the top (but in a subtle way... don't ask how), that the guitarist is actually shredding his ass off...
It's a pretty devious little album.

New Unleash the Archers is a total cheese fest. And I'm pretty sure I love it. Probably not AOTY territory but definite fun.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Didn't mean to imply predicatable. Meant to imply "your recs are always solid" :)* :)*
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:25 pm

foomanfat wrote:High hopes for the new The Armed and God Mother records.

God Mother record is amazing. I liked "Maktbehov" a lot but the new one is so much more well written imo. Production is a lot cooler too. But hey, what would you expect when you have Magnus Lindberg at the helm?
Fun fact 1: The Armed is actually one of the singer's all time favourite bands.
Fun fact 2: My old hardcore band was called High Hopes (like a million others)
Fun fact 3: That is also the name of one of my fave Pink Floyd songs (yes I know, but I like "The Division Bell" a lot)
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:26 pm

I should have posted this a few months ago...here I am listening again...ilf's very own DOUG TUTTLE (MidFi Electronics) put out an excellent album this year. I was/am a huge fan of his previous album 'It Calls On Me'. This one is great too!
Also, the user known as BLACKENED SOUL put out a release this year that I have re-listening to heavily. Under the moniker of KOORI KUMA - 'Dusk'
https://koorikuma.bandcamp.com/album/dusk
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:41 am

Ilf records best records.

New Godspeed is a killer though. New Ufomammut rules too.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:08 am

Need to listen to the new Ufomammut again. New Endon was good. Quite enjoyed the new Satyricon, although I don't really do teh br00tlz.

Found this Swedish space rock band called Flowers Must Die (Ash Ra Tempel references are always good) the other day, and their debut album Kompost came out earlier this year and is quite rad.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:19 pm

As far as brutal goes, new Primitive Man is going to lay waste to everyone based on the tracks that have come out already.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music