Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:02 am

I lied, discovered Desync for $7
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ziltoid » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:42 am

GAS KING wrote:Thanks. I'll be giving that a shot tonight.
I've really only found pistols and shotguns so far.

Great game, but a lot of learning through experience needs to happen.

Yep and it's quite unforgiving.
ziltoid

committed
committed

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:44 am

Had my first super toxic verbal hemorrhage against me in Overwatch last night, genuinely bummed me out all evening. :cry:
NSFW: show

Group Up

I wish Nier: Automata on PS4 would actually go down in price, still dying to play it but it's either sold out or $70+.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ziltoid » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:12 am

Andrew wrote:Had my first super toxic verbal hemorrhage against me in Overwatch last night, genuinely bummed me out all evening. :cry:
NSFW: show

Group Up

I wish Nier: Automata on PS4 would actually go down in price, still dying to play it but it's either sold out or $70+.

I keep getting trolls in competitive, it's getting quite clear I'll never leave ELO hell. I mean, what do those fucks really think will happen with 3-4dps?
ziltoid

committed
committed

Postby Achtane » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Online gamers are garbage human beings and whenever I play something multiplayer, I kinda miss the days of teamkilling-but-not-teamkilling in Battlefield 3 and 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:48 pm

I really hope Evil Genius 2 is really actually for real this time. Absolutely adore that first game.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/4/159196 ... lease-date
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:58 pm

I think I have to take a break from Warfarm. My eyes have started twitching after I play for a bit and I think it's contributing to my recent inability to sleep.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Just played through Superhot. It is the most innovative shooter I have played in years.
;) to those who have played it.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Andrew wrote:Had my first super toxic verbal hemorrhage against me in Overwatch last night, genuinely bummed me out all evening. :cry:

I quit playing competitive OW. Only play with friends now, so that I have people to play other games with.
Shit makes my blood boil.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Andrew » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:07 am

Heh, it was the 1st 'event' in about 28 hours of play. Hell, I've even met some fellow Aussies that I occasionally play with in good spirits. But in QP, the stakes are always low so if someone's being a shithead then its 99.9% on them for making a deal of it.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby More_Divebombs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:14 am

oscillateur wrote:Dead Cells is pretty fun, quite decent in the quality department for a game in early access (quantity is something else, though, there will probably be a bunch of other levels once it's finished).

Anyway, if you like that type of gameplay it's worth getting now I think.

Dead Cells is good fun. Side-scrolling 2D violence is definitely my favourite genre of game.

It is rather unforgiving in the "when you're dead, you're dead. Back to the start and lose everything" department.

I can only get to Level 3. The randomly generated levels is pretty cool, but I'm a bit fed up of seeing Level 1 now, no matter what it looks like.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby oscillateur » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:32 am

More_Divebombs wrote:
oscillateur wrote:Dead Cells is pretty fun, quite decent in the quality department for a game in early access (quantity is something else, though, there will probably be a bunch of other levels once it's finished).

Anyway, if you like that type of gameplay it's worth getting now I think.

Dead Cells is good fun. Side-scrolling 2D violence is definitely my favourite genre of game.

It is rather unforgiving in the "when you're dead, you're dead. Back to the start and lose everything" department.

I can only get to Level 3. The randomly generated levels is pretty cool, but I'm a bit fed up of seeing Level 1 now, no matter what it looks like.

You keep a part of your coins (up to 85% I think once you get the upgrades) and the starting weapons can be selected from unlocked ones once you get the upgrade for this too. And each level leads to 2 or 3 other ones so you can choose where you go and kinda rush the first levels (just getting stuff from the shops)...

I played enough of it to leave it until there's more content anyway.

I started playing Inside, which is quite good apart from the parts with actual gameplay which are not very well tuned I think. Still, interesting mood and art, and I still want to finish the game.

I also bought Abzu and Firewatch, so these are next in line...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby More_Divebombs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:42 am

Cool. I only got on it last night, so I'm still figuring it out. It has a bit of a whiff of Hyper Light Drifter about it, in a "what the hell is even going on?" sort of way. Some nice and rather satisfying combat mechanics going on.

Those flying worms that can fly through walls and dart at you can suck all the dicks.

What's the deal with things telling me to 'Rub' or 'Tickle them? I do it, but nothing seems to happen.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby oscillateur » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:53 am

More_Divebombs wrote:Cool. I only got on it last night, so I'm still figuring it out. It has a bit of a whiff of Hyper Light Drifter about it, in a "what the hell is even going on?" sort of way. Some nice and rather satisfying combat mechanics going on.

Ah, yeah. Hyper Light Drifter is also on my list of games I bought and need to get some time for...

More_Divebombs wrote:Those flying worms that can fly through walls and dart at you can suck all the dicks.

Indeed. The easiest way to deal with these is to have a secondary weapon that auto targets the closest enemy...

More_Divebombs wrote:What's the deal with things telling me to 'Rub' or 'Tickle them? I do it, but nothing seems to happen.

No idea. I guess it's something not implemented yet.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rustywire » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:43 am

oscillateur wrote:I started playing Inside, which is quite good apart from the parts with actual gameplay which are not very well tuned I think. Still, interesting mood and art, and I still want to finish the game.

Yeah the play control and physics are def not optimized...but overall the game is a great "casually play through in 2.5hrs" type of experience. Great aesthetic and vibe. There are some brutal deaths which can catch you off guard, but nothing too excessive in the gratuitous/gore dept. Dont check for any ending/spoilers if you haven't already been scooped to the outcome. Much more interesting as a surprise.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion