Folktek Mescaline

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Folktek Mescaline Indiegogo is LIVE!!

Postby rainlet » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Ruiner wrote:While we wait for the Mescaline... the two Alter demos are up!

After listening to the Alter demos, I'm really not sure what effects I'm hoping for in the mini-Alter inside of Channel. I know we're getting the plate reverb and the notated delay (which sounded a lot better in this demo than in the Mescaline one), and I had always sort of assumed we were getting the glitch delay from Alter 1 (kind of a shame they didn't demo that) and one of the time stretch algorithms, but the demo for the palindrome delay really sort of got me hyped for that though, so now I'm torn. Either way, I'm pretty happy with all the things I heard in the demo, so I'm thinking that part of Mescaline will be pretty nice.
rainlet

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:31 pm

Alright, so after thinking it over, watching the demos a few more times, and messing around with modulargrid, I've decided to pre-order Alter 2 at the discounted price to replace my Clouds (there's an indiegogo campaign by the way https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/alte ... t-guitar#/). Going to make a few more changes to my 84hp rack at the same time. BST thread incoming for Clouds, Turing MKII, Penrose, and O'Tool.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Antlerface » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:02 pm

Update 16 showed up today.

"Hey all,
There is currently no new vital news but since people have been asking here's where we're at: same place we were as before but further along. Test boards should be arriving this week which means we'll be able to test and go into full production. These are fully functional boards that represent the final product and should have zero flaws. If they do have any flaws at all, now is our last opportunity to address that. It's a very important step.
All parts are ordered, we're working on the manual, the metal frames are still in the works, jumper/component/hardware packs are packed, boxes are screen printed and ready to be filled, power supplies are on hand, and as soon as we give the go ahead on the final assembled boards, all of them will be assembled and prepped to ship to us. Once the final boards get here, we test, tune, pack and prep for shipping to you.
Our estimate is that we're still roughly a month out to ship, give or take.
We can't provide a more exact estimate beyond that as many of these things are out of our hands. As soon as there is more, we'll post an update.

thanks for your patience.
best!
folk"

Fucking hype hype hype
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:06 pm

I asked to be emailed, still not getting emailed. LOL. Thank you for the update! I'm excited for this!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby MrNovember » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:12 pm

So excited! One month countdown initiated!

Edit: approximate one month countdown
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:34 pm

I keep forgetting about this. Happy reminder! :!!!:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Huzzah! I think about this from time to time and get all giddy. I can't freakin' wait. Slowing down on the gear consumption has me way more stoked when a new piece does make its way into my life.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Antlerface » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:57 pm

I'm equally as hyped up for this as I am PURPLL. Both feel like mythical pieces of gear I've been waiting on.

PURPLL will complete my current pedalboard. Mescaline will fill out some missing areas of my rack.

The stoke is real.
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby baremountain » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:18 am

It's been just over 4 weeks since the last update, thus it's time for the monthly excitement bump. I'm hoping that if it weren't going to be shipping soon we'd have heard something to the contrary, since we're right around when they last said they expect to ship.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Antlerface » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:03 pm

My guess is September. I'm dying of excitement though, I can't wait to put all this in a giant case w my other Eurocrack shit.
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:19 pm

I literally have a spot all cleared on my desk for it. I can't wait for it to ship!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Jwar » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:48 pm

I asked them for an update a week ago. Pretty annoyed at the non response. Hoping this product ships soon.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby oscillateur » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:20 am

There's been an update of sorts on Instagram, a photo of the final PCB of one of the modules. It's likely about a couple of weeks away...

Looking forward to mine too.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dheuthymos » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Thanks for writing!
As is usual in manufacturing, we have run into a delay.
We are estimating to begin shipment of Mescaline by the end of August and will post an update when we know more.
Thank you for your patience.
Dheuthymos

committed
committed

Postby Dheuthymos » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:25 pm

They responded to me very quickly. Not overjoyed but its better to know than to wait in the dark.
Dheuthymos

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear