Meris? Blade Runnery? Ottobit, Polymoon & Enzo!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Meris? Blade Runner inspired reverb? & Ottobits too!!!

Postby Adamixoye » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:54 pm

I asked and they told me that it will be the newest, not sure if that means it will be a white one or not (do they make them with two different brandings?). Anyway, fingers crossed...
Adamixoye

interested
interested

Postby njschneider2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Nice. To my knowledge they don't make different variants of the MIDIbox. So the newest ones should be white.
njschneider2

involved
involved

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:03 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby infamousalien » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:33 am

How are people feeling about the Mercury 7 now that it's been out a while? Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on this or wait for the SA Ventris.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby humandingus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:44 am

infamousalien wrote:How are people feeling about the Mercury 7 now that it's been out a while? Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on this or wait for the SA Ventris.

i love mine! i have it set to the cathedral setting most of the time, and the quality of the sound is rivaled by few. i have heard some people aren't thrilled by how much it takes over the signal, but i found that to not be a concern on my part. i absolutely love how the dry signal sits with the wet signal, especially coming from the empress reverb, which does some EQing to the dry signal on some of the modes. i wasn't a fan of that. the merc7 mix was perfect for me. the merc7 plays really well with dirt too.

now if you are looking for significantly more options, i'd wait for the ventris. i have a nemesis and i'm sure the ventris will be amazing too.
humandingus

committed
committed

Postby infamousalien » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:31 pm

bewatersound wrote:the quality of the sound is rivaled by few. i absolutely love how the dry signal sits with the wet signal. the merc7 plays really well with dirt too.

Thanks for the response. Those were exactly the kind of things I was wondering about. :thumb: I always disliked how Strymon stuff blended the dry and wet signal.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:51 pm

infamousalien wrote:How are people feeling about the Mercury 7 now that it's been out a while? Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on this or wait for the SA Ventris.

SA are sending me a Ventris in a month or so. I can A/B them when it gets here. :)*
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eric! » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Why no mix knob on the Ottobit?
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby humandingus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:42 pm

infamousalien wrote:
bewatersound wrote:the quality of the sound is rivaled by few. i absolutely love how the dry signal sits with the wet signal. the merc7 plays really well with dirt too.

Thanks for the response. Those were exactly the kind of things I was wondering about. :thumb: I always disliked how Strymon stuff blended the dry and wet signal.

you got it! the only other reverb that i've owned and loved the mix taper on is the neunaber wet, but the feature set is certainly slimmer (at least right at your finger tips).
humandingus

committed
committed

Postby infamousalien » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:45 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:

SA are sending me a Ventris in a month or so. I can A/B them when it gets here. :)*

:thumb: Can't wait to hear it! I liked you nemesis video.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby Dandolin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:15 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:SA are sending me a Ventris in a month or so. I can A/B them when it gets here. :)*

:wizard:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:37 pm

Dandolin wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:SA are sending me a Ventris in a month or so. I can A/B them when it gets here. :)*

:wizard:

I think UC cast some sort of summoning spell. Did you see that smoke in his last video? :summon:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:39 pm

Magic missile....

Chankgeez wrote:I think UC cast some sort of summoning spell. Did you see that smoke in his last video? :summon:

Or fog, or, something. :lol:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:09 pm

Bumping this, hoping Sasquatch is still around:

I've got a mercury 7 and really liking most of it so far. My one bit of feedback is that it seems like I can't ever get the volume in swell mode up to the normal volume when swell isn't engaged. It's just a bit too quiet. Any tips?
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:03 pm

I can't remember. I need to rebuy both of these at some point. I'm pretty sure if you use an expression pedal it solves that problem. I never had volume issues on either pedal. If anything my Ottobit was too loud.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear