How many new takes on the HM2?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: How many new takes on the HM2?

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:42 am

We haven't had a good Garden of the dead strong opinion in a while.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:28 am

Speaking of stomping on throats, Earthbound Audio Throat Locust is a new HM2 take and it kicks ASSHOLES.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:31 am

neonblack wrote:
popvulture wrote:
neonblack wrote:Soy Dream is my new band name.

Dude. YES. :love:

Online soygaze collab? :cool:

Fuck this, who's down for a Munggrind collab?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 am

I owned a Dunwich modded HM-2 and it was able to get the sounds of the original (my buddy had one to compare), to tweak out some of the weaknesses of the original with a little fiddling and then go way beyond into more subtle or extreme tones while being usable. I ended up selling mine during a financial crunch, because it wasn't a type of sound I typically use all that much, but honestly I wish I could get it back now because it does have a unique place apart from all the other pedals I have. I've had all the original Dunwich production pedals, plus a bunch of custom designs (including my amp), so I feel confident saying if Nick decides to make a design a production model that he's put a lot of thought and effort into it from the ground up. Especially when it comes to the power supply and input sections. He has a really good understanding of how headroom effects the usability of a pedal, particularly for bass.

I'd be curious to try out some other boutique variations, if there are some that do something interesting or or unique with the design. If it's just the HM-2, but done up with modern boutique construction and a few mods, I'd stick with the Dunwich personally. I would be interested to see a very different take on the HM-2 variation, like a depth mod, different tone stack, or something out of the box.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lost in music » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:00 am

In honor of this thread title and content, I offer a brief song (apologies to a-ha):

Taaaaaaaake ooooooon meeeee (Take on me)
Taaaaaaaake meeeeee oooooon (Take on me)
Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch Emmmm Twoooo
Fuck Donald Truuuuuuuuuuuuuump
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby BossMann73 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:06 am

jrfox92 wrote:He's got a point, though, when it comes to his objection relating to violence.
Would you guys support and defend a builder that advocated beating the shit out of anyone that voted for Hillary?
Or anyone that even leaned towards supporting her/Democrats.
Or anyone that's LGBT+.
Or non-Christians.
:poke:

Thanks Fox. At least someone out there got my point. Funny the things said about me since I am not even a Trump supporter. I despise the dude, although for real reasons..... I fell off the Trump train the moment he bombed Syria and generally retreated from all his campaigh promises. I can admit....my side got hoodwinked. But regardless of left or right, I just don't like advocating violence since we are already seeing people getting killed out there over this shit. Lone Wolf's pedal was over the line and while some people want to defend him (and that's fine) I have the right to express another opinion. AE's pedal is not quite as over the top, but like you said.....imaging the same pedal with a a woman or a LGBT on it......."Yeah guys, stomp on a woman's throat and show her how you really feel!" It's ugly, and it makes whoever does it look bad.
BossMann73

committed
committed

Postby BoatRich » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 am

Yeah see, the difference here is that Donald Trump is on a national platform advocating violence towards marginalized people and his supporters are vile, racist trash.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rustywire » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:06 am

NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:This be what it says on their site: "Either way, you get to stomp a hateful asshole's throat each time!"

https://www.abominableelectronics.com/shop/hate-stomper

There's no doubt Trump says a lot of hateful things about a lot of people. :idk:

Tacky af...politics aside that art style is horrific. Do those pedals actually sell? YIKES.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:16 am

Dungus wrote:Speaking of stomping on throats, Earthbound Audio Throat Locust is a new HM2 take and it kicks ASSHOLES.

Word. The Bass/Mid/Treble knobs have a wide +/- sweep and being able to dial in the mid frequency you're boosting or scooping makes for some really cool and/or gross tones. Switching to LED clipping from the standard silicon clipping turns it into more of a standard sounding distortion with a powerful EQ.

The Dunwich clone looks to be the most versatile looking at controls. Others mentioned here seem a bit limited or unexciting. I am a huge Earthbound Audio fan and have always enjoyed his pedals so I went with him and I am very happy.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby rustywire » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 am

BoatRich wrote:Yeah see, the difference here is that Donald Trump is on a national platform advocating violence towards marginalized people and his supporters are vile, racist trash.

Advocating violence? Did I miss something big...what did he say?
Also, I know some Trump voters who aren't vile, racist trash. I'm even related to a few of them.
I'd advise taking care in dehumanizing & demonizing strangers; mistakenly thinking you know what's in their hearts & minds.
Whether or not you may be aware of it, there are refugees and children of refugees who voted for Trump...in a range of skin tones. Are you prepared to call a young, trump-voting black woman "vile, racist trash" and shout her down as to "why" such a decision was made, while superimposing an external narrative?

Do you not see the irony in championing for marginalized people... while othering, marginalizing & erasing diverse individuals who don't fit the preferred narrative?
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:39 am

rustywire wrote:Did I miss something big

Yeah
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:46 am

What now?

Edit: not to further derail this thread but L-O-L at your sig quote :lol: :lol: :lol:
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wittgenstein » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:32 am

rustywire wrote:
BoatRich wrote:Yeah see, the difference here is that Donald Trump is on a national platform advocating violence towards marginalized people and his supporters are vile, racist trash.

Advocating violence? Did I miss something big...what did he say?

V :erm: V

Also, I know some Trump voters who aren't vile, racist trash. I'm even related to a few of them.

V :no: V

I'd advise taking care in dehumanizing & demonizing strangers; mistakenly thinking you know what's in their hearts & minds.

V :drool: V

Are you prepared to call a young, trump-voting black woman "vile, racist trash" and shout her down as to "why" such a decision was made, while superimposing an external narrative?

:idk:

Do you not see the irony in championing for marginalized people... while othering, marginalizing & erasing diverse individuals who don't fit the preferred narrative

V :cry: V
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby rustywire » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:42 am

rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:44 am

My 2 cents.

The Throat Locust is the best most open sounding HM2 I've heard based on demos. The Wurm is a close second. The Lone Wolf one is great too, but waits can be bad, so order from a vendor (in fact Joe will tell you this). Also, he does have a persona he uses online that is not to some people's liking.

I won't buy Abominable for my own person reasons. Has nothing to do with Trump, though I'd prefer to buy non politically driven pedals on any spectrum on the thing. It's just in poor taste IMO.

Then again, I am possible going to be selling some laser engraved Covfefe (coffee holders) online. Sooooo, funny is funny honey.

Politics annoyingly aside, I buy based on the sound. That's it. If I don't dig it, I don't dig it.

I would try a Abominable Hail Satan Deluxe again, but I won't buy direct.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear