Git

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Git

Postby Wittgenstein » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Bought a Ronin Mirari :idk:

It's a very interesting guitar V :cry: V

It's not that great for punkish or traditional playing to my ear (Jags still better), and I think the raw clean sounds lack character (again, comping to Jags and Mustangs, my main gits), but it really comes alive with fuzz, overdrive, and other effects. In terms of how it interacts with effects, I'd say it's the weirdest and most pleasing guitar I've tried. It makes everything sound bigger, but not in a lame Les Paul "wakka wakka" sort of way, but rather in ways that will force you to play and create "music" differently V :no: V

i think i want to gradually stop using punctuation marks in favor of emotes V :cry: V and i think that this is clearly a superior form of communication V :no: V

This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Git

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:22 pm

They put the pickguard on wrong? ⋀ :|:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Wittgenstein » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:23 pm

yah V :cry: V
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:25 pm

:hug: You should go all SPACERITUAL on 'em. :mad:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Wittgenstein » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 pm

BOUTIQUE GUITAR BITCH U CANT EVEN PUT PICKGUARD ON RITE
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Those foil humbuckers are hawt though. :flame:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wittgenstein » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:37 pm

They're very strange in a good way, it's a bizarre and sort of enigmatic instrument V :idk: V
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Looks neat :thumb: the guard placement makes sense to me because if I'm going to scuff a guitar with a pick it would be on that side. The pickups look neat are they like gold foils soundwise or something usable :hello:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Wittgenstein » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 am

I had a harmony jupiter a long time ago that had gold foils in it. From what I remember, they don't sound anything alike, but that could have less to do with pickups and more to do with other differences between the guitars. I really don't know. Maybe people who know more would argue that both pickups share things like "clarity" or something. The Harmony, again based on my hazy memory, was a boring classic rock machine. The Ronin is it's own thing. My guess is that a lot of people who would buy it for blues, rock, or punk would be disappointed (there are much cheaper guitars that would do a lot better in those areas). Not sure about metal...maybe it would do ok. I think some ILFers would like the guitar because it really does come alive with fuzz. I'd go so far as to say I like it more with fuzz than even my jags. Hard to say exactly why, maybe "clarity" or some other adjectives people like to use. Maybe it's "toothsome."
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Wittgenstein » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 am

Ok, maybe it would be good for metal. I just cranked up the gain on the BitQuest Fil mode and did some sweet riffz in phrygian dominant and I sounded just like Yngwie. It was pretty lame.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sylnau » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am

You can send it to me for free if you don't like it. :hello:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wittgenstein » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:49 am

not sayin i dont like it bruh V :no: V

just sayin sometimes makes me sound like yngwie and that's weird V :cry: V
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ratrod » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:23 pm

David Torn plays one of these no? If so then I know it sounds great with fuzz
ratrod

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:28 pm

Yeah, he does. I'm pretty sure he could make any guitar sound great with fuzz though.

That he likes playin' these is definitely a ringin' endorsement. :love:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wittgenstein » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:18 am

It's great with fuzz.

Torn is mad creative. I've been wanting to get one of his Tornipulator circuits put in the upper control panel of one of my Jags for years, but can't find anyone to do it.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Guitar and Bass