Boss rv500

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Boss rv500

Postby resincum » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 am

thanks! been waiting to get rid of my space before going for the 500, but it's taking ages :mad: can't wait to try it out and the md-500
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:04 pm

resincum wrote:can you cop something similar to the blackhole from the space?

lol no

OK maybe Storm in SFX :idk:
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:11 pm

tremolo3 wrote:
resincum wrote:can you cop something similar to the blackhole from the space?

lol no

OK maybe Storm in SFX :idk:

Yea I was going to say SFX does have some wild shit, so it's possible. I've gotta tweak and then A/B the two. I doubt it will be super close, but it may be a means to an end.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby BoatRich » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:15 pm

I'm heavily considering dropping most of my pedals to get this.... or selling my plexi to get this and build a new bass
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:17 pm

If you guys can hold off, I'll do a proper ILF type demo. I'm going to ask my brother to borrow his mic to mic a cab and get some good sounds out of this.

It's totally up to you though.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby PeteeBee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 pm

Mine showed up today! I'm hoping I can try it out late tonight.... if not it'll be like a week until company leaves.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby resincum » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:25 am

so what're ya'll thinking?

out the box, I fucking hate it LOOOL. the menu diving is RIDICULOUS on this thing.. not hearing much of a difference between the modes either. slowverb is fucking tiiiite tho and I dig the shit out of the space echo engine. but like..damn the menu diving is killing my buzz. even the dd500 felt more immediate than this thing. also thought you could change the delay types??? might return it, idk. sounds good enough in the band mix. going to try and figure out some set and forget settings, but I'm really missing my space right about now :p
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:24 am

I've been wanting to try one. Can you do weird filtery things? Are there modulation settings that are controllable with the assign function?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby daseb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:29 am

had one for a few weeks now. The menu diving is kinda annoying but the night I got it I spent like three hours with it exploring sounds and programming patches which is like, something I never do with gear. It's kicked the re20 pedal off my board and really opened up way more options for making weird noises without having to rely on a tonne of other pedals. I really like it!
daseb

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:32 am

resincum wrote:so what're ya'll thinking?

out the box, I fucking hate it LOOOL. the menu diving is RIDICULOUS on this thing.. not hearing much of a difference between the modes either. slowverb is fucking tiiiite tho and I dig the shit out of the space echo engine. but like..damn the menu diving is killing my buzz. even the dd500 felt more immediate than this thing. also thought you could change the delay types??? might return it, idk. sounds good enough in the band mix. going to try and figure out some set and forget settings, but I'm really missing my space right about now :p

Dude this was exactly how I felt about the Space and the Empress verb. I think a lot of these big-box verbs suffer the same problem of offering way more things than they're actually good at doing just for the sake of being able to offer them.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:04 am

That is why the Meris Merc7 kicks so much ass. :cool:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:12 am

What part of the menu diving is annoying? Is it hard to access sounds without deep diving?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:22 am

it can definitely do cool filtery sounds and get funky with some assign functions.

the annoying thing about the menu diving on the rv500 is that there's 3 pages of settings for each patch or whatever. (reverb, delay, main or something) so if you want to mess with the dry level you gotta hit the down button like a hundred fucking times to get to main. then a hundred fucking times back to get to the reverb page. also, if you have it set up for a/b simultaneously, you have to make sure you are editing the right patch. I thought it would automatically edit whatever patch is engaged, but I swear I spent like 5 minutes tweaking the shit out of a sound only to realize I was on the wrong patch the whole fucking time. at least shit gets hella weird when you turn 2 patches on at once. another thing: the max delay time is 2 seconds. I read 10 secs somewhere, but that's not the case :cry:
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:14 pm

resincum wrote:the max delay time is 2 seconds. I read 10 secs somewhere, but that's not the case :cry:

I think that is for the decay time.

For me the more options the merrier, but I mostly play at home and I rarely tweak things on the fly but I can see why it can be a pita sandwich.

Oh, and try the editor maybe? :idk:
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Oh bummer does it not do infinite decay freezes?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear