pickup upgrades

Re: pickup upgrades

Postby basicchannel » Wed May 03, 2017 5:07 pm

This is very personal and in my personal opinion I love the balance of P90s and also I love single coils because I love noise.
basicchannel

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby conky » Mon May 22, 2017 12:38 pm

BLK TRI are in all my guitars. Torch sets in one, Frost Giants in another and my Tele has a Drone in it. Love them all.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bigbadbeach » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:44 pm

I was using black winters in all.my guitars for quite some time. They sound sharp and tight. But over the last few months I've gutted ever guitar and installed Zombie Dust Pickups. First I tried the ZD Doomsters in my Ibanez Iceman, and I was hooked. So thick and powerful, they basically wipe SD off the map. So I bought, his LSD pup, and dear God that thing delivers sonic mayhem to the fullest. I put that in my gibson SG. Then I bought one of his hot p90 's style pups. Dear fucken Jesus, what a monster! So then I tried a pair of his First Blood pups! Holy bloody Satan they are sick as fuck. I don't know what to do anymore other than throw that fella all my money. My guitars sound sick as fuck
Destroy My Brains on Facebook Facebook.com/DMBDESTROYMYBRAINS
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby Stamnes » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:20 am

I second Zombie Dust. I have a set of LSD's right now and they are awesome. I have another guitar coming with a Doomster set (P90 and HB) and am looking forward to it. A buddy has a set and they are amazing.
Stamnes

interested
interested

Postby OldGeorge » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:13 pm

With all the p90 love I'm shocked nobody called out Lollar's. I love their soap bars and at the first hint of a problem with my gibs I'll make the switch.
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby ethanxcampos » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:09 am

Look in Avedissian pickups. I use a Railsplitter in both my les paul and sg.
ethanxcampos

involved
involved

Postby rickenbastard » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:33 pm

ethanxcampos wrote:Look in Avedissian pickups. I use a Railsplitter in both my les paul and sg.

Got custom ones built by Alex in my Rickenbacker. He's awesome to deal with and his pickups rule.
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby odontophobia » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:37 pm

rickenbastard wrote:
ethanxcampos wrote:Look in Avedissian pickups. I use a Railsplitter in both my les paul and sg.

Got custom ones built by Alex in my Rickenbacker. He's awesome to deal with and his pickups rule.

Alex built up some P90s JM sized pickups that I use and really like.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org