Alexander Syntax Error

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Alexander Syntax Error

Postby Ruiner » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:10 am

Neo Series:

The sonic scientists at Alexander Pedals have been working overtime to cram the most pedal into the smallest box, and we now present the Neo Series! Each Neo Series pedal incorporates an advanced 32-bit microcontroller adding presets, expression, and MIDI capability.

Controls:

Sample (Bonus): Adjusts the sampling rate of the audio computer system. Sampling rate is minimum / most degradation with this knob clockwise. Hold the select button and turn this knob to set the Bonus parameter, which controls a different function in each mode.

Code: Controls a different parameter in each mode. In Stretch mode, this knob controls the sample clock direction and speed. In Cube mode, this controls the gain of the distortion. And in Ring mode, it adjusts the speed of the modulation sample-and-hold.

Mix (Volume): Controls the amount of effected signal. Turn fully clockwise to "kill" the dry signal. Hold the select button and turn this knob to set the Volume of both wet and dry signals.

Tweak: Controls a different parameter in each mode. In Stretch mode, this knob controls the length of the sample buffer. In Cube mode, this controls the cutoff frequency of the low-pass filter. In Ring mode, this sets the depth of the sample and hold filter modulation.

Select Button - tap to choose a new effect mode:

Stretch: This one will really mess with your drummer's head. We sample the incoming audio and stick it in a buffer, then play it back. Pretty standard, right? Wrong. Turn the Tweak knob to set the length of the buffer, then set the Code knob to adjust the sample playback clock. The clock speed adjusts from +1 (normal speed) to -1 (reverse playback!) Use the Bonus control to change the feedback into the delay line for trippy echo tones.

Hint: Set the Code knob near noon to completely break everything.

Cube: This is probably the most normal sounding thing in here. The Code knob controls the gain and mix on a cubic distortion algorithm. Here's how we do it: (abs(INPUT^3))^3. It sounds great, if you like math. Every distortion circuit (or program!) needs a tone control so we added a resonant low-pass filter. The tone filter is bypassable, just turn the knob fully counter-clockwise. The Bonus parameter controls the resonance of the filter.

Ring: The final mode combines a ring modulator with a sample and hold LFO. Code controls the speed of the sample and hold, while Tweak controls its depth. Set Code to minimum to disable the LFO for a "normal" ring modulator (is that a thing?) The Bonus parameter controls the EQ of the modulated signal.

Bypass Switching:

The Syntax Error features a buffered bypass using a soft-touch footswitch. The dry signal path is digital, because computers.

Expression and MIDI:

The EXP port on the left side of the Syntax Error can function as an expression pedal, foot switch input, or a MIDI input.

Expression Pedal: Set the expression pedal to the heel down position, then adjust the knobs to your preferred setting. Sweep the pedal to the toe position and set the knobs to a different setting. Now the Syntax Error will allow you to seamlessly morph between the two settings!

Foot Switch: Connect a momentary foot switch to the port with a standard patch cable. Set the knobs like you want, then tap the foot switch and set them again. Every time you tap the knob the Syntax Error will sweep between your two knob settings at the speed you set in the configuration mode.

Configuration:

To configure, power on while holding the center Select button and release when the program LEDs start to flash.

Tap the Select button to choose Expression (upper LED green,) Foot Switch (upper LED orange,) or MIDI (upper LED red.)

Turn the Mix knob to select the Foot Switch Ramp speed - Lower LED green fast, lower LED orange medium, lower LED red slow.

Turn the Tweak knob to set the main LED brightness.

If you wish to assign the Syntax Error's MIDI channel, simply send a program change message from your controller on the correct channel while in this mode. Hold the Select button to save the pedal settings.

The Syntax Error MIDI port requires the use of either a MIDI converter box such as the Disaster Area / Chase Bliss MIDIBox or a MIDI controller that supports 1/4" devices such as the Disaster Area Gen3 series. The Syntax Error defaults to using MIDI Channel 1.
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Alexander Syntax Error

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:22 am

:wha?:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ritz » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:24 am

Digging the retro future vibes on this. Don't know that I need it but it seems cool and definitely that new new
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby drolo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:26 am

Hah 2600 :-D
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Teej212 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:22 am

Only 16 presets? That micro controller is capable of holding thousands if not more. Seems like another fv1 scam to me.
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:27 am

Teej212 wrote:Only 16 presets? That micro controller is capable of holding thousands if not more. Seems like another fv1 scam to me.

Well, yea probably, but still cool amirite????

On the real. I'm way too stupid to understand what this does, but I like the sound of it. LOL
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby drolo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:28 am

Teej212 wrote:Only 16 presets? That micro controller is capable of holding thousands if not more. Seems like another fv1 scam to me.

:lol:
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:29 am

This is hot. Looks like there's a companion iPad controller too
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby drolo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:36 am

that stretch mode sounds fun
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mathias » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:48 am

demos somewhere?
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:01 pm

mathias wrote:demos somewhere?

Not yet, but, if you close your eyes, you can tell what it sounds like from the description.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Dungus wrote:

Not yet, but, if you close your eyes, you can tell what it sounds like from the description.

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:35 pm

That Stretch mode definitely sounds promising
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dungus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:52 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
Dungus wrote:

:lol:

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear