The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby HeavyXIII » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:42 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
Krosis wrote:After seeing last year's line up I was considering attending this coming year, but I don't know how much I'm willing to make the trip for this line up. Some really good bands but I've seen most of the ones I would go to see already. It would be a fun trip though.

This is where I'm at. Last year would have been incredible, this year seems like it's a great Best Of for bands I've already seen-- although if you're on the fence you might want to consider going because Cult of Luna + Julie Christmas was one of the greatest sets I've ever had the pleasure to witness. Plus Neurosis. Plus Swans. Plus WITTR. Plus Inter Arma. Plus Doom Room homies done good Khemmis... There's a lot of good shit there.

Damn, if I was anywhere near Vegas I'd go for Neurosis and Cult of Luna alone. Swans would also be rad as fuck.
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:49 pm

I mean there's Cult of Luna who are amazing on their own but the CoL + Julie Christmas is next level. They play the whole Mariner record and it slays.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby emptyparadigm » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 pm

We'll be there all weekend, so any doomfrayunds that want to kick it and get rowdy, just let me know. I also heard that there are more bands to be announced, though I can't verify at this point.
KHEMMIS. Doomed heavy metal. DECEIVER out 11/19/21 on Nuclear Blast.

GLACIAL TOMB. Misanthropic death/black/sludge. S/t debut out now on Gilead Media.

Good deals with: Ancient Astronaught, conky, crohny, D-Day, Corey Y, ryan summit, tons more here and on HCFX under this username
emptyparadigm

experienced
experienced

Postby HeavyXIII » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:54 am

I don't live anywhere near Vegas :'(
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby christianatl » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:02 pm

emptyparadigm wrote:We'll be there all weekend, so any doomfrayunds that want to kick it and get rowdy, just let me know. I also heard that there are more bands to be announced, though I can't verify at this point.

True.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whores/108004672554176
http://whores.bandcamp.com
http://whores.bigcartel.com

WTB: Chase Bliss Tonal Recall, Keeley 30ms Delay, cool fuzzes and hand-painted stuff.
christianatl

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby louderthangod » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:18 am

I think it's time to retire my Electric and just for recording purposes so I think it's new amp time. It just runs so hot and needs such regular maintenance that I'd like something more reliable. My Sound City is just too loud and buries my other guitarist so I'm thinking 100 watts, needs big, deep cleans but I think I'd like a good gain channel to be different from my Electric. I'd like to keep in the $2K range but I'd go more for something really special. What are your suggestions?
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:47 am

louderthangod wrote:I think it's time to retire my Electric and just for recording purposes so I think it's new amp time. It just runs so hot and needs such regular maintenance that I'd like something more reliable. My Sound City is just too loud and buries my other guitarist so I'm thinking 100 watts, needs big, deep cleans but I think I'd like a good gain channel to be different from my Electric. I'd like to keep in the $2K range but I'd go more for something really special. What are your suggestions?

Reval Mk 1? It's a Model T clone from Estonia (~$2800 w/ shipping), 150W.
There aren't loads of reviews, but the few people I've seen talk about them give them high praise.

They look amazing, too.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:14 pm

So, Laney teased this on their IG feed this morning:
https://instagram.com/p/BOuNqS0DxmO/
Are getting a production return of the Supergroup?
I know they did a limited run for the final Sabb tour of like 10, but surely we all want this back and they know it...
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby emptyparadigm » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:12 pm

HeavyXIII wrote:I don't live anywhere near Vegas :'(

But flights can be had for cheap!

christianatl wrote:
emptyparadigm wrote:We'll be there all weekend, so any doomfrayunds that want to kick it and get rowdy, just let me know. I also heard that there are more bands to be announced, though I can't verify at this point.

True.

Can't wait to see the full lineup. They announced King Diamond is playing Abigail in its entirety, so all four of us got SUPER pumped.

louderthangod wrote:I think it's time to retire my Electric and just for recording purposes so I think it's new amp time. It just runs so hot and needs such regular maintenance that I'd like something more reliable. My Sound City is just too loud and buries my other guitarist so I'm thinking 100 watts, needs big, deep cleans but I think I'd like a good gain channel to be different from my Electric. I'd like to keep in the $2K range but I'd go more for something really special. What are your suggestions?

Off the top of my head - Science, Verellen, Mills, and Blackhawk Amps all have models that'd probably scratch that itch.

GLACIAL TOMB. Misanthropic death/black/sludge. S/t debut out now on Gilead Media.

Good deals with: Ancient Astronaught, conky, crohny, D-Day, Corey Y, ryan summit, tons more here and on HCFX under this username
emptyparadigm

experienced
experienced

Postby samzadgan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:09 pm

dont discount the Orange Thunderverb 200's...they have great clean, and gain.

I use the channels in the opposite way of how they prescribe, and it works great. ie, Channel A for Dirt, which is old school dirt, and Channel B for clean which can stay sparkly clean with the gain down. Its 200w, so you can easily get squeaky clean tones that wont drown out other guitarists.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fallen » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:47 pm

odontophobia wrote:I got a Boss RV2 from my ILF SS which is totally awesome. That's the only gear I got.

One of my favorite reverbs, a classic.

I have a TC on my board because of the programmability and crazier sounds but have run the RV-2 as an always on reverb a lot.
fallen

committed
committed

Postby emptyparadigm » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Doom bros, got a bunch of stuff in the bst. Amps like crazy. Help yer boy pay off some debts!

emptyparadigm

experienced
experienced

Postby HeavyXIII » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:35 pm

I would if I hadn't decided to go back to school. :/

It all seems like stuff that's up my alley.

HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby emptyparadigm » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:37 pm

It's all good, man. I'm bummed because I was acquiring quite the stash. But so it goes. I was at 10 amps, which is, realistically, about 6 more than I really need. Keeping the V2, V4, X100b, and Sunn Beta.

emptyparadigm

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:53 pm

Yah I find with gear there's sort of this point of stasis, like, you get so far with expanding, but then you inevitably have to concentrate it back to the core.
Fortunately, the quality of the gear at my core has been improving over time.

(He says with an incoming SS140. :excellent: )
Thanks SLK!
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org