The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:09 am

Corey Y wrote:
Corey Y wrote:Ohio is kind of a shithole in the same way that everywhere is kind of a shithole. The upside is that I've literally never seen such low cost of living in a place. In/around Cincinnati, you can work at fucking McDonalds and still have a 3 bedroom house with a full finished basement for jamming. And everyone is super nice because it's all white people who are terrified of everything :lol:

BUT if my mom didn't live close by, and I had the opportunity to buy some shit outright, you'd be seeing my ass somewhere in Ohio in a heartbeat.

This pretty much sums up why we're moving lol. The place we live in now is such a shithole with absolutely nothing to do related to my interests, on a level that almost no one ever really believes me about, but it's crazy expensive in every regard. Living in a town/house that's no better or worse than where we are now, but with no mortgage or debt, a full basement that I can convert into a studio and higher rated schools would be a huge net gain.

I just read over your posts, but yeah. Ohio's kinda in the "I can live in a decent sized house for cheap, play loud as fuck and no one calls the cops" zone if you're in the right place.
My house was 130K and payments are very reasonable.
The other duder in my band recently moved to Cuyahoga Falls (Northeast-ish Akron) and his mortgage is super low, he lives in a nice neighbourhood, and he plays in the basement with an Orange, Laney, and practically a wall of cabs and we've never had the cops called on us there. :idk:

I'm super introverted so I moved into the suburban-country type area south-east of Akron where I can go weeks without seeing my neighbors if I time things right but there's still running water, electricity, and high-speed internet. :lol:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:42 am

jrfox92 wrote:
Corey Y wrote:
Corey Y wrote:Ohio is kind of a shithole in the same way that everywhere is kind of a shithole. The upside is that I've literally never seen such low cost of living in a place. In/around Cincinnati, you can work at fucking McDonalds and still have a 3 bedroom house with a full finished basement for jamming. And everyone is super nice because it's all white people who are terrified of everything :lol:

BUT if my mom didn't live close by, and I had the opportunity to buy some shit outright, you'd be seeing my ass somewhere in Ohio in a heartbeat.

This pretty much sums up why we're moving lol. The place we live in now is such a shithole with absolutely nothing to do related to my interests, on a level that almost no one ever really believes me about, but it's crazy expensive in every regard. Living in a town/house that's no better or worse than where we are now, but with no mortgage or debt, a full basement that I can convert into a studio and higher rated schools would be a huge net gain.

I just read over your posts, but yeah. Ohio's kinda in the "I can live in a decent sized house for cheap, play loud as fuck and no one calls the cops" zone if you're in the right place.
The other duder in my band recently moved to Cuyahoga Falls (Northeast-ish Akron) and his mortgage is super low, he lives in a nice neighbourhood, and he plays in the basement with an Orange, Laney, and practically a wall of cabs and we've never had the cops called on us there. :idk:

I'm super introverted so I moved into the suburban-country type area south-east of Akron where I can go weeks without seeing my neighbors if I time things right but there's still running water, electricity, and high-speed internet. :lol:

As long as you have the necessities you're good. Water. Electricity. High speed internet... no problems.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Kacey Y » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:25 pm

jrfox92 wrote:I just read over your posts, but yeah. Ohio's kinda in the "I can live in a decent sized house for cheap, play loud as fuck and no one calls the cops" zone if you're in the right place.

Yeah, we've looked around those areas. My wife and I have debated back and forth about looking at properties that are kind of big and remote. We lived in a farm house in the middle of nowhere when we got married and I would have full volume full stack band practices and even did free house shows with touring bands. The downside was we had to drive a half hour to get anywhere for anything. So we've been looking at kind of rural suburbs that aren't too isolated, in close driving distance to plenty of stuff, but have big sized lots.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby conky » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:20 am

Merry Riffmas, yall!
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:04 pm

:hug:
conky wrote:Merry Riffmas, yall!

Merry Christmas dudes!
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby christianatl » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:17 am

Anyone get rad gear as a gift?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whores/108004672554176
http://whores.bandcamp.com
http://whores.bigcartel.com

WTB: Chase Bliss Tonal Recall, Keeley 30ms Delay, cool fuzzes and hand-painted stuff.
christianatl

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:50 am

christianatl wrote:Anyone get rad gear as a gift?

I got a Boss RV2 from my ILF SS which is totally awesome. That's the only gear I got.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:49 am

I got myself a Digiverb for that sweet reverse reverb shit. Only gear I got, but im ok with it!
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:29 am

Yeah Andrew, my SS got me a Mojohand Nebula phaser.
It's a really nice 2 stage. Does those killer retro slow sweeps.
Also only gear I got but I ain't complaining.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:34 am

Is psycho Las Vegas something I want to do? Lots of killer bands, but I'm not really a festival guy, but this seems a lot different from your classic Coachella bull shit. Also part of the equation would be that I would likely be rolling solo, and 3 days is a ridiculously long time to hang alone.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rickenbastard » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:58 am

I definitely plan on going. Weedeater, Slo Burn...Vegas.
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby Krosis » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:18 pm

After seeing last year's line up I was considering attending this coming year, but I don't know how much I'm willing to make the trip for this line up. Some really good bands but I've seen most of the ones I would go to see already. It would be a fun trip though.
samzadgan wrote:You could come back and Matt Pike actually played classical guitar and studied really hard, didn't drink or smoke, and was now high paid Lawyer who spend most of his free time on TGP talking about how much his Les Paul weighs and how that makes the tone better than a Les Paul that weighs 0.05lb less.

new05002 wrote:I heard it does not work for kids who dont like black sabbath and sleep so there you go.
Krosis

experienced
experienced

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:14 pm

Man, i would if I wasnt a broke bastard. I regret missing the year with the sleep/high on fire headlining slot.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Krosis wrote:After seeing last year's line up I was considering attending this coming year, but I don't know how much I'm willing to make the trip for this line up. Some really good bands but I've seen most of the ones I would go to see already. It would be a fun trip though.

This is where I'm at. Last year would have been incredible, this year seems like it's a great Best Of for bands I've already seen-- although if you're on the fence you might want to consider going because Cult of Luna + Julie Christmas was one of the greatest sets I've ever had the pleasure to witness. Plus Neurosis. Plus Swans. Plus WITTR. Plus Inter Arma. Plus Doom Room homies done good Khemmis... There's a lot of good shit there.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Krosis » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Tempted to go just to hang with Doombros. Gonna try to catch Khemmis in a few weeks in Brooklyn. But Khemmis rules so I probably wouldn't mind catching them again. These days though I try to allocate my money more on bands I either haven't seen yet or want to see in a different setting (such as bands I've seen in a larger venue but then I might try to catch them in a smaller one).
samzadgan wrote:You could come back and Matt Pike actually played classical guitar and studied really hard, didn't drink or smoke, and was now high paid Lawyer who spend most of his free time on TGP talking about how much his Les Paul weighs and how that makes the tone better than a Les Paul that weighs 0.05lb less.

new05002 wrote:I heard it does not work for kids who dont like black sabbath and sleep so there you go.
Krosis

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org