Chris Cornell

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby $harkToootth » Fri May 19, 2017 12:34 pm

rickenbastard wrote:Total bummer. Most dudes are lucky to sing like that for 3 albums and he sang like that for over 3 decades.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.
I don't use this word often but Chris Cornell was 'gifted'. Time is not on your side with vocals and it is an anomaly he could retain that powerful voice...for three decades.
I'm really saddened by how he passed. I feel for his family. But we're also fortunate he was able to share his gifts with the world.
comesect2.0 wrote:can you still see me popV ?funny how yall were vestigial soundgarden rapin other week...ilf collective foresight

I thought this was bizarre too comesect. Literally last week we were all talking about how much we loved SOUNDGARDEN.

One of my first pedals was the DOD Grunge Distortion and I still have it (and it is actually one of my favorites [It doesn't turn off so when you have it on...it is in full effect]).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri May 19, 2017 1:06 pm

This thread in gif-form

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri May 19, 2017 1:17 pm

:lol: :cry:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Did they wrap him in a fish taco?

I don't get it.

And I went to Cornell.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Wittgenstein » Fri May 19, 2017 1:35 pm

If we accept Nietzsche's formulation that the anti-political == nihilism, then that seems right. The "50s aesthetic" I'm referring to is the sound, but there is also an ideological similarity, with the rejection of the idea that all is politicized. But this isn't unique to punk. Politicized rock is, in general, a sickness.
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BitchPudding » Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:This thread in gif-form

Bruh. :lol:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Fri May 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Wittgenstein wrote:If we accept Nietzsche's formulation that the anti-political == nihilism, then that seems right. The "50s aesthetic" I'm referring to is the sound, but there is also an ideological similarity, with the rejection of the idea that all is politicized. But this isn't unique to punk. Politicized rock is, in general, a sickness.

Jesus christ dude please try to get laid
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sears » Fri May 19, 2017 2:22 pm

I've never been so pleasantly surprised by someone's solo albums. Not being a heavy blues a la Zep or Soundgarden guy. His solo stuff is so tender!
sears

committed
committed

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri May 19, 2017 2:35 pm

The one rule here is don't be an asshole. Wittgenstein, everyone's telling you that you're being an asshole.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri May 19, 2017 2:42 pm

BitchPudding wrote:

I knew ILF's meme king would approve. :hug:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri May 19, 2017 3:36 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:The one rule here is don't be an asshole. Wittgenstein, everyone's telling you that you're being an asshole.

^^^

In all seriousness, 90s alt rock is unimpeachable, Soundgarden is rad, and I like head banging to the foo fighters.

Also, and most importantly, your behavior is ridiculous and pointless, and no amount of philosopher's name dropping will make up for that. I used to think you were a witty playful troll. But clearly, this is neither witty nor playful. It's just boring, insipid and simply annoying when we could exchange music that dude made and we like.

friendship wrote:
Wittgenstein wrote:If we accept Nietzsche's formulation that the anti-political == nihilism, then that seems right. The "50s aesthetic" I'm referring to is the sound, but there is also an ideological similarity, with the rejection of the idea that all is politicized. But this isn't unique to punk. Politicized rock is, in general, a sickness.

Or maybe just enter a sensual relationship with a fish taco. Fish tacos are philosophical as fuck because of the mayo. Fact.

Last edited by Disarm D'arcy on Fri May 19, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BitchPudding » Fri May 19, 2017 3:36 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:

I knew ILF's meme king would approve. :hug:

ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Fri May 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:The one rule here is don't be an asshole. Wittgenstein, everyone's telling you that you're being an asshole.

^^^

In all seriousness, 90s alt rock is unimpeachable, Soundgarden is rad, and I like head banging to the foo fighters. Also, your behavior is ridiculous and pointless, and no amount of philosopher's name dropping will make up for that.

friendship wrote:

Or maybe just enter a sensual relationship with a fish taco. Fish tacos are philosophical as fuck because of the mayo. Fact.

Mayo in fish tacos? The fuck?
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri May 19, 2017 3:40 pm

It's an existential fish taco. He doesn't care.

Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri May 19, 2017 3:45 pm

If I say Sartre, does that make it more factual and smart?

Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion