<< mtl.asm >>

Moderator: multi_s

Re: << mtl.asm >>

Postby multi_s » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:49 pm

ya i have no idea what is going on , the url keeps changing for the image so i just add an album link as well.

maybe we will have some around end of april/start of may
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby thesneakup » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Just to make sure: the layout of the controls on the upcoming 856s will be how it's pictured on the model on p.20?

Can/will operation actuation on switch press instead of release be implemented? (Would that be useful to or desired by anyone else?)
thesneakup

interested
interested

Postby elevenstrings » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:31 pm

does this help?

elevenstrings

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:04 pm

elevenstrings wrote:does this help?

It certainly helps me, thanks! :!!!: :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Seance » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 pm

FUGG!

FUGgrapeAHBOUTIT!

That's one classy chunk of purple splendor right there.
Last edited by Seance on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Antlerface » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:03 am

Jesus f. Looks amazing.
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:05 am

yeatsvisitslincoln wrote:A PLL by design is supposed to track really well, no? In typical applications they're meant to be used as references, so my understanding was that part of the point of a PLL in audio was to have "loose" tracking so that you get that phasing effect.

For sure. Don't get me wrong, part of the magic of the pll circuit in mine is the unpredictability of the tracking, how closely (or not) it's tracking/locking, and then how the mult/div/sqr are mixed. Some of the tracking response is incredible- random arpeggios, sweeps that hesitate then go grab the octave, squelch, then collapse in an 8-bit crumble. It's dynamic and unpredictable, and an amazing noise/sound generating machine. Some of the tracking sounds like someone wearing earplugs and rifle range hearing protection trying to sing in tune to warped vinyl on a 2 second delay, then playing a penny whistle: also dynamic, also unpredictable, but not quite amazing sounding. (Depends what you like, to each their own, etc). And the amount of knob twisting to go from one to the other is almost nothing. A strong breeze. And that doesn't even begin to take into account actually playing the guitar, where you are on the neck, etc.

Seems from the vids like the mtl.asm version maybe has more of the former and less of the latter, though from Scott's note, probably both (and more). All good things- hours of fun.
DRodriguez wrote:Imma build a disc delay based on a stationary bike, the faster you pedal, the faster the delay.

Bike backwards and you get a reverse delay.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby LudicrouSpeed » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:13 am

thesneakup wrote:Just to make sure: the layout of the controls on the upcoming 856s will be how it's pictured on the model on p.20?

Can/will operation actuation on switch press instead of release be implemented? (Would that be useful to or desired by anyone else?)

I always prefer on the press instead of on the release of possible. I have a tap delay pedal which is set to release, and it's so awkward. It doesn't matter so much for non time sensitive functions tho.
LudicrouSpeed

involved
involved

Postby LudicrouSpeed » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:16 am

Now THAT I can see. Damn sexy. Earned that rapecicle paint.

I guess I need to get an electric guitar again.
LudicrouSpeed

involved
involved

Postby mr. sound boy king » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 am

LudicrouSpeed wrote:

[img]

Now THAT I can see. Damn sexy. Earned that rapecicle paint.

I guess I need to get an electric guitar again.

Whaaaaat? I thought Purpll was for drum machines...
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:38 am

PURPLL is good for drum machines and electric guitars.

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Antlerface » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:58 am

What's up with YT and photos being just white boxes for the past few days? Am I doing something wrong?
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:45 pm

That YouTube embed I posted is auto-generated. If you're outside the U.S., it may not play for you.

Otherwise it may be a browser issue. Although, I couldn't see the photo Scott posted either.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Antlerface » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Super weird. It apparently works and is visible on mobile but not on my desktop. I'm in USA too.

Whatever I can see it now!!!
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:59 am

I don't even like PLL and I think the PURPLL sounds amazing. Great work Scott! Even if I don't get this (and I'm going to try) this gets my superlative for sexiest looking pedal.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly