856 for ZELLERSASN (Firmware 1.6 released, last page)

Moderator: multi_s

Re: 856 for ZELLERSASN

Postby Graeme777 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Thanks for the update on the release Scott. I'll keep an eye on the forum.
Cheers dude
Graeme777

interested
interested

Postby goroth » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:28 am

Graeme777 wrote:Thanks for the update on the release Scott. I'll keep an eye on the forum.
Cheers dude

Buy some noisy fuzzes and hang around the rest of the forum while you're here :thumb:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby goroth » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:02 am

goroth wrote:
Inner Vegas wrote:I'm so annoyed seeing this redesigned version when I just bought the "laid out by a blind person" version that I might sell mine. I feel kind of taken advantage of - first my 2015 CT5 that was left in the dust by cool revisions and now this "actually logical" layout two weeks after I bought an 856 with no indication it had already been overhauled. This is bad business.

Scott (aka Obama) willfully released a shit layout to scam people and buy an island in the Bahamas. Bad business. Bad (sick) guy.
</tweet>

In case my politcal satire wasn't obvious - the above was satire, based primarily on the syntax of the poster, and the propensity for posters of other social media using similar syntax to blame unrelated shit on Obama. I in no way endorse the idea that Scott actually is Obama.

If it isn't obvious from other posters here is your solution to the early adopter problem: I bought a GB24 from the first run with the (beautifully) lofi AD/DA. While I could be pretty angry that it is basically a non-backwards compatible Ct5 that $cott scammed me on I thought it was a pretty rad piece of kit. Eventually, when the Ct5 dropped I bought it, also the first run IIRC. I loved it, then flipped it at cost to an ILFer so I could by the new three switch version. Bought at the time I could have made a couple of hundred more flipping it on Reverb. Because waiting a month or so for a product is clearly worth shitloads of cash. Even now, you could still flip your Ct5 and barely take a hit on it.
Then, after not having used my GB24 for over a year I flipped it to Eivind because I knew he would make rad music out of it, which he does - and that was more important to me than keeping it as a sentimental item (even though it was kinda sentimental for me). I don't even want to know how much money I could have made flipping that on reverb, but significant multiples of the purchase price.

As an early adopter you are in a privileged position to get something before pretty much everyone, affect the future development of the device, and make a killing on it flipping it when the hype train catches up.

So I'm a little lost as to how you are taken advantage of, and as to how this is bad business from Scott.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Graeme777 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:18 am

goroth wrote:
Graeme777 wrote:Thanks for the update on the release Scott. I'll keep an eye on the forum.
Cheers dude

Buy some noisy fuzzes and hang around the rest of the forum while you're here :thumb:

Since the 856 is gonna be a little while longer I'm trying hard not to spend the money on something else. The new Frazz Dazzler is really tempting though.
Must .. resist... GAS :mad:
Graeme777

interested
interested

Postby mr. sound boy king » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Can someone explain the soi joke to me?
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:17 pm

mr. sound boy king wrote:Can someone explain the soi joke to me?

Look up BossMann and Soy Boy in the search.
Read the $22 dollar thread and the boutique to boss thread.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mr. sound boy king » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:26 am

jrfox92 wrote:
mr. sound boy king wrote:Can someone explain the soi joke to me?

Look up BossMann and Soy Boy in the search.
Read the $22 dollar thread and the boutique to boss thread.

Thank you, that was... enlightening.
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Just read through Vegas' tantrum. :whateva:
Inner Vegas wrote:I'm not just here to bitch and cry
fanboy
cheerleaders
white-knight
yes-men
MTA is not your friend
I've been in this game a long, long time - I was actually the chief designer on a piece of gear that probably 30% of the people here use and the other 70% want. My complaints are totally valid and worth airing.
brilliant designers are terrible businesspeople
Many of MTA's practices are Bad Business
this is a dude making pedals at his kitchen table
Yet without me (and everyone else) buying that batch, MTA wouldn't have the $$ to operate and make a newer batch.
We're the founders, the core investors, the trustees - MTA is here today because we threw down our cash.
It feels like a slap in the face that all of the johnny-come-latelys are getting twice the features that we got for our early loyalty, but we can't even upgrade our "old" (16 months old?) versions. Bad Business.
I like the 856 a lot - I've had it for almost a month now and used it every day - but the interface is a disaster.
it's the most obtuse, backwards, illogical interface I've ever encountered on a piece of gear
I still see it as a kind of cool challenge - I've never backed down from any crazy gear, and I owned a freaking Kyma system - but realizing that the entire thing was just overhauled to no longer be a confusing disaster but instead to work like something that was designed by and for a human feels like a kick in the balls when i just bought one
"oh by the way the entire thing is a huge mess so it's already been redesigned" when I bought a "scratch-n-dent" one.
There was zero mention of the overhaul
Bad Business, bro.
bad business practices
you better believe I (and many others) will think twice before ordering from the first batch so we don't get burned again when the thing is overhauled to work better and have more features for the latecomers who couldn't be bothered to buy in early.

You've bitched about "late-comers" repeatedly, yet you only bought an 856 a month ago.
You only got a CT5 two years ago (as mentioned, Scott's been around much longer than that, you got a ver.J, which is 9 versions after the first one).
You've insulted everyone here (especially Scott, from my perspective) multiple times under the guise of "just some constructive criticism from a consumer."

This would be like me bitching about paying for the new music you make because you changed to a slightly different genre.

Talking about the reasons you're not satisfied is fine.
But throwing a temper tantrum on an internet forum you just joined and insulting those who have supported Scott and his endeavors for much longer than you have is just being an entitled brat.
Buying a pedal doesn't mean that the company is no longer allowed to do anything that you don't agree with. Especially if that means upgrading their product to something better.
Do you make sure to personally insult the CEO's of phone companies each year that they release a new version of their flagship phone?
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:13 pm

To be fair...he probably does write hate letters to the phone companies, too...
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby vallaton » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:36 pm

yeah, sure, the only reason for not having an 856 is that i couldn't be bothered to get one. the market is so flooded with them that people can't get rid of the early models they've got.
vallaton

committed
committed

Postby Inner Vegas » Tue May 02, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi all, I decided to list my 856 on Reverb if anyone's interested. I'm way open to offers. I just got another $900 bill from when I was hospitalized a few months ago so I'm liquidating some gear.
Inner Vegas

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Antlerface » Tue May 02, 2017 12:27 pm

$700? Rly?! O_o
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Tue May 02, 2017 12:33 pm

"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:37 pm

I'll pay $22 for it, since you hate it so much.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inner Vegas » Tue May 02, 2017 1:18 pm

That's the "Japanese Businessman on his lunch break" price. I'm open to reasonable offers, esp. if you're from here.
Inner Vegas

uncommitted
uncommitted

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly