PIG PILE (Harmonic Percolator) edition of 4

Moderator: LaoWiz

PIG PILE (Harmonic Percolator) edition of 4

Postby LaoWiz » Mon May 08, 2017 12:04 am

In the works.... One on reserve and will post more pics as they progress. Harmonic Percs etched in superfuzz style enclosures....

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Re: PIG PILE (Harmonic Percolator) edition of 4

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon May 08, 2017 12:38 am

:snax:
Rad.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Mon May 08, 2017 4:12 am

:!!!:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby LaoWiz » Mon May 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Getting close to being done with these. These enclosures are such a pain in the ass but I love them. If someone made an aluminum version that would be a godsend.

Some details:

Transistor Sockets -

For the NPN, I have 2N3565s from Small Bear that I will audition vs other NPNs I have laying around. I built my last one with a NOS 2N2222 and had planned to use those for the NPN but going to play around a bit to see how the differences play out. The 3565s' HFE readings are all over the place so really interested to see how much a higher HFE won compares to a lower HFE one, etc...

For the Germanium transistor, I have some NOS Texas Instruments 2N404As but also have a ton of other PNP germs I want to try out as a lot of them sounded great when testing the circuit a few months ago. It's a bit of a rabbit hole doing this but fun...

Trim Pots

Added a couple of trims to help dial in or out the octave down. Tested this on by boxed version and works pretty easily. I'll probably mark the trims with a fine point sharpie and set the circuits for the octave down in case anyone wants to fuck with the trims. What's great is that the circuit is pretty forgiving and it's easy play with the trims and it's not too sensitive to where you will lose a perfect setting but fucking with them. I can give some simple instructions for those who end up with these.

Diode Clippers

There's an on / off / toggle for 3 options. I was going to just do 2 options but decided that I might as well include an option for no diodes. So center off is no diodes with a huge volume increase. I highly prefer the circuit with diode clipping but easy enough to include. The other options are stock clipping with 1N695 germanium diodes and another for silicon clipping diodes with two different types (914s and big can NOS diodes that I found a handful of at an estate sale). So 3 different sounds, probably fancy the silicon the best...

Aiming to get these done next weekend. 1 or 2 are spoken for right now so there will be 2 available at $175 USD shipped CONUS. Overseas prob add another $10 USD.

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon May 15, 2017 3:31 pm

LaoWiz wrote:Added a couple of trims to help dial in or out the octave down.

I'm excited to hear what that sounds like.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Mon May 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Very very nice!
How big are those boxes?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby LaoWiz » Mon May 15, 2017 6:32 pm

Tristan wrote:Very very nice!
How big are those boxes?

Hey Tristan!

These are 6-1/2" x 3-3/4"x 1-7/8"
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby codetocontra » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:09 pm

These really look great. Any clips? I mean, I know what HPs sound like but not this one. Not even sure a HP is what I should be after anyway.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby LaoWiz » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:21 pm

No clips right now. I actually haven't been able to get anymore work done on these (no surprise) but was thinking that when I do, I should do some clips so have been researching an external mic for my iPhone. Otherwise, clips would be a little useless using the existing mic.

Will post in the future if I get around to it, though....

codetocontra wrote:These really look great. Any clips? I mean, I know what HPs sound like but not this one. Not even sure a HP is what I should be after anyway.
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby LaoWiz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Finally have gotten around to finishing these pups. Of the 4 Pig Piles - 2 have been shipped, 1 will be shipped, and 1 is up for grabs. $175 CONUS, add another $10 for overseas.

In addition to the standard Percolator controls, the Pig Pile also includes 2 internal trimpots for further tweaking (will send directions), a baggy with a different type of NPN and Germanium transistor if you want to test different transistor combos / currently equipped with 2N404 and 2N2222, toggle for clipping modes - germanium (stock), silicon, and no clipping, and an additional toggle for a new mode. Should call this new mode the Plode mode, makes it sound wilder & nastier & bigger. Don't know if I will make more anytime soon as my spare time will go towards building my Triwatt. Hit me up if you want the last one!

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby codetocontra » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Can't believe this is still available. Looks great.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:45 pm

codetocontra wrote:Can't believe this is still available. Looks great.

Thanks!

There's a chance that someone who already bought one is going to buy this one too as a backup. Here's better pics of the last one available.

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:41 pm

These are all gone!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Return to The Out Sound