Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby mmurphy1000 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 pm

CarlGene wrote:Pedalboard:

Rig w/ old pedalboard pic:

So many tone possibilities.

killer setup!
and on a practical note, I love the radial big shot switcher. depending on the gig I have either 2 crazy mod loops that I couldn't possibly all turn on and off at once, or a mod loop plus a filthy distorted loop for extra evil
mmurphy1000

committed
committed

Postby fallen » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:08 pm

This is my "solo artist" rig that I've been jamming with lately.

Guitar is a '90s Strat plugged into a Lava coily cable. The Wounded Paw phase 90 is at the the front of the chain. There are two loops in the middle, either the Fuzz Throne or the Bit Commander / Superego synth / TC reverb. The Pharaoh is an always on pre-amp unless I really want to go quiet. Everything splits after the looper into the three half-stacks.

The left side is an Ibanez analog echo into the Hovercraft into a Peavey 6x10. The center is an Akai drum machine into a Boss RV-2 into the Beta Lead & 2x15. The right side is a Catalinbread Echorec into the Peavey VTM 60 and oversized 2x12. (The Traynor is just hanging out in the stack, clearly I need to keep searching for another 6x10 or a festival size 4x12.)

fallen

committed
committed

Postby maggot » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:58 pm

fallen wrote:This is my "solo artist" rig that I've been jamming with lately.

Guitar is a '90s Strat plugged into a Lava coily cable. The Wounded Paw phase 90 is at the the front of the chain. There are two loops in the middle, either the Fuzz Throne or the Bit Commander / Superego synth / TC reverb. The Pharaoh is an always on pre-amp unless I really want to go quiet. Everything splits after the looper into the three half-stacks.

The left side is an Ibanez analog echo into the Hovercraft into a Peavey 6x10. The center is an Akai drum machine into a Boss RV-2 into the Beta Lead & 2x15. The right side is a Catalinbread Echorec into the Peavey VTM 60 and oversized 2x12. (The Traynor is just hanging out in the stack, clearly I need to keep searching for another 6x10 or a festival size 4x12.)

Is this a stereo setup with Hovercraft on one side and VTM60 on the other with only the drum machine going through the Beta Lead, or does the guitar go through all three somehow?
maggot

committed
committed

Postby fallen » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Yeah the Beta Lead is only the drum machine right now. I should just use a powered PA speaker or something but I don't have access to one so this is my compromise. Doom drums! ;)

I did try to experiment with other multiple amp rigs but it gets difficult to make it work properly and to manage hum etc. It's fun to play around with though.

I might rewire and try jamming with mono cleans and stereo dirt so I can play around with amp distortion on one side VS fuzz on the other side and get a bigger volume change between clean and dirty.

With two amps I use a JHS buffered splitter (the black box at the top left hand corner of the board) to isolate one amp from the other and eliminate any ground loops.
fallen

committed
committed

Postby maggot » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:04 pm

I'm sure it makes enough noise, though!
maggot

committed
committed

Postby moose23 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:01 am

Choice of preamps either the Ampeg SVT IIP pictured or an Acoustic 360 clone on my board.
Trace Elliot PA250 power amp.
Mesa cab with EV15
Self build cab with Emminence Delta 15.

Best sounding rig I've owned.
moose23

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:05 am

fallen wrote:This is my "solo artist" rig that I've been jamming with lately.

This is really cool, love seeing other solo projects set-ups. Have you released anything to do with this?
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ShaunNecro » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:15 am

This is what I'm running nowadays, although I will probably be streamlining this setup more in the next few months. Will probably switch to having the 300 Pro be my main clean tone and the SVT being my dirty/ambient tone.
Wills Dissolve
http://facebook.com/willsdissolveband
https://willsdissolve.bandcamp.com
http://shaunnecro.tumblr.com/
NSFW: show
Iommic Pope wrote:Remember, she was dead when you got there......but you couldn't have been there-you were on a jumping castle at that point in time.

We just call it the "doom" room in the hope we might lure hipster girls there...into our rape vans....I mean vans of righteous wizarding.
ShaunNecro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Baby rig derm.

skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Thu May 04, 2017 9:32 am

skullservant, this made my jaw drop haha, looks so great. I can't even imagine how nice that must sound. How do you like that hex head? I have always dreamed of getting one of the micro t's
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu May 04, 2017 7:12 pm

This whole page is bullshit amazing.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rickenbastard » Thu May 04, 2017 7:50 pm

I already posted in the main gear forum but I don't care, I'm so happy about this thing.
Attachments
stack smaller.jpg
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri May 05, 2017 2:44 am

rickenbastard wrote:I already posted in the main gear forum but I don't care, I'm so happy about this thing.

Fucking amazing.
Saw that grill in the other thread and was too dumbfounded to respond.
But this is breathtaking.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Fri May 12, 2017 12:12 am

ibarakishi wrote:skullservant, this made my jaw drop haha, looks so great. I can't even imagine how nice that must sound. How do you like that hex head? I have always dreamed of getting one of the micro t's

It fuggin rules. Weighs less than 10 pounds but sounds like 1000. The DI out is great too.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Fri May 12, 2017 12:19 am

I hope that i can find one used someday, they look amazing. I don't think i would really want anything else amp-wise if i could find one of those for an okay price
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org