Twin Stags (double trem) Video Demo

Moderators: aens_wife, aen

Re: Twin Stags (double trem) Video Demo

Postby CoastSonic » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:49 pm

For anyone interested the Twin Stags are now in stock and shipping!
http://www.coastsonic.com

CoastSonic

interested
interested

Postby MaggotBrainNY » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:42 pm

Just got mine in the mail. Haven't played it yet, because [fuck] work.

I will say though, that the construction and finish on this thing is definitely the most solid, substantial and beautifully finished of any pedal I own. Cheers Aen and Co. for amazing work. I'll see about posting a sound clip or something when I have a chance to burn one and get into some TONES.
MaggotBrainNY

committed
committed

Postby aens_wife » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:27 am

MaggotBrainNY wrote:Just got mine in the mail. Haven't played it yet, because [fuck] work.

I will say though, that the construction and finish on this thing is definitely the most solid, substantial and beautifully finished of any pedal I own. Cheers Aen and Co. for amazing work. I'll see about posting a sound clip or something when I have a chance to burn one and get into some TONES.

:thumb:
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:39 am

So I've been enjoying mine a lot, great job with this! Im curious - is it normal for the Twin to act as a boost? The signal gets substantially louder when I turn mine on. If it's normal is there a way to control it/turn down the boost a bit?
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aen » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:59 am

baremountain wrote:So I've been enjoying mine a lot, great job with this! Im curious - is it normal for the Twin to act as a boost? The signal gets substantially louder when I turn mine on. If it's normal is there a way to control it/turn down the boost a bit?

Hey great question!
It does ship with a bit of a boost, usually. That was built in to counteract any perceived volume loss you often encounter with a trem. If you open it up you'll see a trim pot near one of the audio jacks. You can dial that back with a small screwdriver to adjust your output on the Stags. Which reminds me... I have to go turn mine down. Got some shitty looks from the drummer at our last practice.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:36 pm

aen wrote:Hey great question!
It does ship with a bit of a boost, usually. That was built in to counteract any perceived volume loss you often encounter with a trem. If you open it up you'll see a trim pot near one of the audio jacks. You can dial that back with a small screwdriver to adjust your output on the Stags. Which reminds me... I have to go turn mine down. Got some shitty looks from the drummer at our last practice.

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear - I figured the volume thing may have been the reason for the boost. Playing with my band the other day I had a similar experience haha

solo tunes:
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:02 pm

cataloging this for that time when i someday buy a twin stags and a happiness to get weird together. :D
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby baremountain » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:01 pm

I'd been super hesitant to get into the tremolo world for the longest time, and I'm glad I waited until the Twin to enter it. After two weeks I'm still finding all kinds of magical settings. That 2mod1 feature is out of this world. Using that and sending CV from the 2nd LFO out to run another device's clock leads to some superb synchronization. That first trem gets insanely fast so this beaut has even sated my moderate curiosity towards ring mods. I haven't even plugged up expression pedals yet, but I had a few cool ideas for how to do so last night. Mad props on this thing y'all, you changed my mind on trem!

I'm curious though, is there any way y'all can mod mine up for me, or let me know if this idea would be possible? I've been doing a lot of extensive CV chaining & I'm curious if there's a way to either get separate jacks installed on the output or maybe some kind of switch that'd allow CV-thru for the second trem's output? I imagine with Eurorack this probably isn't as big of an issue because you probably have more outs to choose from, but for my setup I've hit a lot of dead-ends trying to get the Twin/Happiness/ARF on a shared clock because the internal LFO is always what's sent to the CV out.

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aen » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:52 am

https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/tip ... ble-4.html

Split that master cv the old fashioned way!
Chankgeez wrote:
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:13 am

I've had those cables on backorder through Sweetwater since early December :facepalm:
I should probably email my rep and see what is up with those :lol:

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:51 am

So I came up with a pretty sick hack between the Twin & ARF. I haven't had a volume pedal since like 2010 when the string on my Ernie Ball VP broke, but I had the idea to send the envelope out of the ARF into the CV in to one of the LFOs on the Twin. Dial the other out & then you have attack/decay-controllable volume swells, which easily can be paired with a filter sweep either before or after the volume.

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aen » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:20 am

NICE!
Chankgeez wrote:
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eric! » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:33 am

baremountain wrote:So I came up with a pretty sick hack between the Twin & ARF. I haven't had a volume pedal since like 2010 when the string on my Ernie Ball VP broke, but I had the idea to send the envelope out of the ARF into the CV in to one of the LFOs on the Twin. Dial the other out & then you have attack/decay-controllable volume swells, which easily can be paired with a filter sweep either before or after the volume.

A man after my own hacky heart! Sounds incredible!
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Dwarfcraft Devices