Fuzz recommendations

Re: Fuzz recommendations

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:I find the black acid is best and most dynamic with the fuzz maxed and the 'drive' (which I think is a pregain?) fairly low/halfway, and then it sounds more fuzzy. I actually really love it, and have messaged a couple people about building something similar but germanium based.

That could be rad.
Let us know if you do :snax:
Sidenote: I think Nick may have done a run of Germ Fuzz Thrones at some point. Hit him up?

I totally would but I saw how much the last Fuzz Throne cost that fuzzlounge guy on instagram and I do NOT have Fuzz Throne money lol
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby maggot » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Tristan wrote:Another thing (especially) with fuzz that we're not really discussing here is that it really can react very differently depending on the amp or guitar you're running.

There are definitely fuzzes that prefer slightly overdriven amps and those that prefer clean amps. I think Muffs sound best with a clean solid state amp. Tone Benders can go either way. Fuzz Face-based circuits need at least a touch of amp OD (and I try to keep it down to just a touch because I want to hear fuzz, not OD). Most of my fuzzes sound more generic with the high-output pickups on my Baritone, but the Meatbox clone loves them.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby maggot » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:46 am

I kind of perplexed about the choices of one-knob fuzzes, because I have an ILF-er offering to make me a clone, and I've always wanted a pedal with a one-knobber on one side, and a stompable volume control on the other. Colorsound? Meathead? Ritual? I know htat they're not that different from each other. My favorite sound-wise in demos is the Alien Hate Fuzz, but I'm not sure anyone knows the exact components. what's the one-knobber to go for?
maggot

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:51 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:I find the black acid is best and most dynamic with the fuzz maxed and the 'drive' (which I think is a pregain?) fairly low/halfway, and then it sounds more fuzzy. I actually really love it, and have messaged a couple people about building something similar but germanium based.

That could be rad.
Sidenote: I think Nick may have done a run of Germ Fuzz Thrones at some point. Hit him up?

I totally would but I saw how much the last Fuzz Throne cost that fuzzlounge guy on instagram and I do NOT have Fuzz Throne money lol

I swear I got mine on preorder for a reasonable price. :idk:

maggot wrote:I kind of perplexed about the choices of one-knob fuzzes, because I have an ILF-er offering to make me a clone, and I've always wanted a pedal with a one-knobber on one side, and a stompable volume control on the other. Colorsound? Meathead? Ritual? I know htat they're not that different from each other. My favorite sound-wise in demos is the Alien Hate Fuzz, but I'm not sure anyone knows the exact components. what's the one-knobber to go for?

Ape Blaster.

OR no knobber:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:

That could be rad.

It could be cheaper then Johns. He just wanted to go all out on it with $9 pots, full turret board, ect

Ive built $185 4 knob FTs as well.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:41 am

Welp, the inquisitive email has gone out!
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:37 pm

new05002 wrote:
MechaGodzilla wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:

That could be rad.

It could be cheaper then Johns. He just wanted to go all out on it with $9 pots, full turret board, ect

Ive built $185 4 knob FTs as well.

Yeah there you go.
Thanks, Nick!
I have a 4 knob and it's rad.
Ive also had a Dunwich one knob.
It was also the goods.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Finaly, I'll get another Penny Padals Fingerprint Noir.
I should never have sold this awesome fuzz.

:joy:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Can't believe no-one has mentioned algal bloom / doom bloom yet.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:16 am

Iommic Pope wrote:

That could be rad.

Ended up with a creepyface, it's exactly what I wanted.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gibberingflesh » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:00 pm

I recommend the Built By Ryan Southwest Terror fuzz. It's based off a Mountainking Megalith and is heavy as shit. I love it. I play it every day.
gibberingflesh

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby frigid midget » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:58 pm

gibberingflesh wrote:I recommend the Built By Ryan Southwest Terror fuzz. It's based off a Mountainking Megalith and is heavy as shit. I love it. I play it every day.

I'll let this one slide cause yer new. Welcome to the forum, please no pointless necrobumps anymore. Thanks :hello:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gibberingflesh » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:29 am

Nah I had a point. Thanks for letting it slide though, you benevolent guy you.
gibberingflesh

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:42 am

There's some life in this one.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:56 am

gibberingflesh wrote:Nah I had a point. Thanks for letting it slide though, you benevolent guy you.

:lol: What was the point? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org