<< mtl.asm >>

Moderator: multi_s

Re: << mtl.asm >>

Postby Jonny5bass » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:46 am

Are you going to be bringing anything to the SXSW show to sell?
Jonny5bass

interested
interested

Postby multi_s » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:45 am

Jonny5bass wrote:Are you going to be bringing anything to the SXSW show to sell?

i'm not sure yet.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby baremountain » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Dang, if only SXSW weren't hell on earth I would make the trip down to Austin. The finished layout looks great, Scott!
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:19 pm

now i can;t wait to go
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:23 pm

One less knob than that 4046-M... This may be easier to keep track of! :lol:
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby multi_s » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:47 pm

yeatsvisitslincoln wrote:One less knob than that 4046-M... This may be easier to keep track of! :lol:

ya it is actually pretty easy, there is a picture of the labeling here, it's a different set of controls id say than the 4046, well mostly at least. also the drone is much different than the classic schumann style plls. ON those the drone is afaik the tone the pll will rest back at when you are not playing. on this one it is actually a tone generated at the input instead of the guitar input. this way you can turn on the drone, and set it up how youlike, then it will sound similar when you actually play the guitar. or just use the whole thing as a synth even and forget about guitars.
viewtopic.php?f=206&t=17671&start=150#p1179370

but basically i tried to make it logically arranged from left to right, top to bottom. THe top row has to do with the input signal, the middle row is the modulation and the bottom row is a mixer.

DRONE
Switch: turn on or off test signal
Knob: tune test signal

TRIGGER
Knob: gate level
Switch: filter on/off (improves tracking sometimes/if input has a lot of harmonics)

TRACKING
Knob: tight stable to loose oscillating tracking.
Switch: how fast the pll reacts to change (filter cut off)

(LFO SECTION)
Rate: rate of LFO
Duty: Duty cycle of LFO
Wave: Wave form of LFO

Multiply:
Switch: LFO on/off to Multiplier
Knob: Depth of LFO or Multiplier value

Divide:
Switch: LFO on/off to Divider
Knob: Depth of LFO or Divider value

(Mixer section)

SQR: Square wave fuzz volume
MPY: Multiplier signal volume
DIV: Divider signal volume

Bass: Bass. im talking bass. up to 15 db boost. bboooooost. put on a diaper and put divide to the max.
Trbl: how annoying the pedal sounds

MSTR: master volume

Foot Switches:
MPY: turn on/off the multiplier output
DIV: Turn on/off the divider output
Bypass....

MPY/DIV expression inputs act similrly to MULTIPLY and DIVIDE knobs
LFO expression input can be setup with some dip switches to either:
replace RATE knob
replace DUTY knob
Accept a pulse instead of a CV/expression to act as a sync signal to slave the LFO to an external source, in this mode teh RATE knob acts as a multiplier of the incoming sync signals period.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby baremountain » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:00 pm

multi_s wrote:Accept a pulse instead of a CV/expression to act as a sync signal to slave the LFO to an external source

:!!!: :!!!:
Oh man, this is gonna open up a world of possibilities. Still looking like a drop date in March?

solo tunes:
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:15 pm

baremountain wrote:
multi_s wrote:Accept a pulse instead of a CV/expression to act as a sync signal to slave the LFO to an external source

:!!!: :!!!:
Oh man, this is gonna open up a world of possibilities. Still looking like a drop date in March?

yes end of march hopefully en mass. we have most of the parts here already now to make some.

also maybe you will like that you can also get the internal LFO waveform out through the MPY/DIV jacks, but it is less straight forward so i don't really call it a feature, more like a hack. Basically you can put the LFO on the Ring of the TRS connector for expression pedal. So if you made some sort of splitter or special stereo to mono cable you could also get the LFO out of the pedal and plug it into something else.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Sounds awesome Scott!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:07 pm

multi_s wrote:Trbl: how annoying the pedal sounds

Yes.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:31 pm

multi_s wrote:yes end of march hopefully en mass. we have most of the parts here already now to make some.

also maybe you will like that you can also get the internal LFO waveform out through the MPY/DIV jacks, but it is less straight forward so i don't really call it a feature, more like a hack. Basically you can put the LFO on the Ring of the TRS connector for expression pedal. So if you made some sort of splitter or special stereo to mono cable you could also get the LFO out of the pedal and plug it into something else.

:love:
Thank you Scott! Sorry to barrage you with questions, but do you know the voltage output range if you do that? 0-5V or 0-3.3V? I just made a CV amplifier that converts 0-5V to 12V bipolar, and I'd like to go ahead and add the capability of 0-3.3V being amplified if I'll soon have a pedal that'd make that worthwhile.
I can definitely solder up a TRS to mono cable that's got the ring of one end hooked up to the tip of the other & leave the tip empty - that should accomplish the intended effect, yes?

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:39 pm

it is all 0-5V CV. The LFO out if you jacked it is also 0-5V.

for the pulse you can use a 0-5v square, 0-3v square or a push button even.

when it is out i will post the cable for you, but basically what you said.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:57 pm

Good lord I promised myself I didn't need to buy this, but the feature set is ridiculous!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:54 pm

yes.

the idea is that i don't *think* the multiplier setting has an effect on the drone tone when you are not playing via the schuman style, someone else can probably confirm that though since i don;t have one like that to test. but i have seen digi2t's (sp) schem. this may not be true but im not sure how it would work out with no input ie no phase to compare to.

not to say one way is better than another, jsutmy goal was to provide a signal on board you could setup the dials with, disable then play guitar and get the same/similar result.

if you leave the drone on and play then both are present and it won't track well. i guess in retrospect they should have been mutually exclusive, either the guitar is on or the drone is on but :idk: i dont think it is that big a deal.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby multi_s » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:16 am

im not sure.

the lfo has a few simple waves you can pick from with the toggle switch, you can change the rate and the duty cycle of it with the knobs or lfo expression/cv in.

the lfo can be fed into the multiplier and/or divider. so it will sweep through some settings according to the waveform, like automatically turning the knob, but in a nice repeated way.

i will make a demo of the prototype this weekend hopefully. it will be very clear.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly