Chorus peds

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Chorus peds

Postby oscillateur » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:00 am

Yeah, the PS3´s dual detune is indeed awesome...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frigid midget » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Echoing what's been said a couple times already, but yeah...PS-3 dual detune is the shit.

If I were to go with a 'real' chorus again: CE-2 waza. My CE-2 was just so lush and "un-80s", didn't sound 'processed' and glassy like the CE-5 :idk:

Those old Arions seem nice as well, but around here they don't exactly go for "80s plastic thrift store" kinda prices anymore...:idk:
Never messed with an original Small Clone either. Would prpbably be just fine for me, don't need much bells and whistles when it comes to chorus :idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Hobbes96 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:59 pm

I think amazon sells the arions for a reasonable enough price l
We're on a road to nowhere. Come take a ride.
Hobbes96

committed
committed

Postby hotknife » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:59 pm

If you want to go the Dimension route, the Keeley 30ms is fantastic. The double tracking also makes it even more lush and isn't quite the gimmick it appears to be. It replaced an actual Boss DC-2 and a DC-3 for me.
#reversereverbintoprofit #ambientflippershark
hotknife

experienced
experienced

Postby PeteeBee » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:40 pm

I might stick to faking it. Cranking the sway knob on my bloodmoon does a pretty good subtle, modulation in limbo does a good more pronounced chorus, and in either case I can just set the reverb or delay low and have mostly the modulation. I'm still left with an uneffected dry signal, but that's kind of nice for what I'm doing.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frodog » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:16 pm

+

I now want to try this Mystery Castles thing I just saw Nick demo. Can do some wild things, and would look (and sound) so good next to the Wizard, who loves chorus. It's like they were made for each other, same font and all.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby repoman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:41 am

The Zvex Lofi-instant junky makes a really nice chorus pedal with it set half compression/half vibrato, or subtle variation of that. I have a CE2 and a Ibanez Dual Scroll Chorus and kind of like the lofi-junky the most for chorus sounds, definitely a bit unique in chorus flavor. Very good vibrato too. They are all good though.

One of the best chorus pedals I ever heard was the old Danelectro Cool Cat. I think it ran at 18v way back before that was trendy. Was super deep and clean, lush. Lots of 80s chorus pedals sound great but can start getting a bit muddy.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby penelope tree » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:27 am

repoman wrote:The Zvex Lofi-instant junky makes a really nice chorus pedal with it set half compression/half vibrato, or subtle variation of that. I have a CE2 and a Ibanez Dual Scroll Chorus and kind of like the lofi-junky the most for chorus sounds, definitely a bit unique in chorus flavor. Very good vibrato too. They are all good though.

I like the Instant Junky too, particularly because its possible to select a waveform. It genuinely is quite lo-fi though, which might not always be appropriate.
penelope tree

committed
committed

Postby cherler » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Has anyone tried the Iron Ether Polytope? Seems pretty neat.
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby Eric! » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:28 pm

Best choice is Cosmichorus, if you can find one.

CE-2B is pretty great. Danelectro Fab Chorus is surprisingly great, and ridic affordable. Visual Sound H2O/Liquid Chorus is also good. Many options available.
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:19 pm

So is the difference between the new CE-2W and the old one not that great? I see the prices of CE-2 slowly dropping just like the prices of DM-2 which Im all aboutttttt. I kinda wanna get an original CE-2 after owning one and trading it for a monotribe a long time ago. I bought it for like 80 bucks at a local trashy shop. It was pretty rad.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby rfurtkamp » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:22 am

Difference is negligible if any - variations on individual pedals given components of the time, plus 30 years of drift, are really it.

When I'm able to dial in the JC circuit with the CE-1 mode so damn fast...and the CE-2 is awful close to what I remember it being as well, I just couldn't bring myself to pull any trigger on Ye Olden Ones.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Eric! wrote:Best choice is Cosmichorus, if you can find one.

Wait, are those rare now?!

The graphics on the gray one make me want to buy one =(
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:17 pm

from the vault:

MF-108M: the most powerful, the most exotic, the weirdest, the best overall from what I've owned
Sea Machine: ideal for weird, but can do tamer stuff, not the most intuitive
Keeley 30ms: great for people who might not normally like chorus, good for tying sounds together or filling things out
Diamond Halo: really nice sound, I love using it on synths

sold chorus units:

Strymon OLA: ideal for clean guitars and electric pianos, never tried it with dirt
Walrus Julia: added some nice movement in combination with modulation boxes, wasn't overpowering in isolated use
EHX Polychorus (1990s big box): good for weird sounds, I used it with a Memory Man on ambient guitar stuff and mic'd pianos

most-coveted:

Retro-Sonic Chorus (CE-1 workalike)--pros: CE-1 sound without the CE-1 size, should not suffer from the same quirks from 30+ years of touring, that plague many original CE-1 units

cons: $299 list price ($255 on sale, $190-220 used)

Arion: good sound, bargain bin price, but likely needs to be rehoused immediately or babied for life

Analogworm Triangle (CE-2 workalike)--pros: sound, size, easy to master

I believe I was quoted $125 last year (with shipping included from Russia). I'm not sure if he currently has any boards or if that price has changed, but this might be a good choice for someone who wants to save some cash and contribute to a smaller builder.

https://reverb.com/ru/shop/analogworm-fx

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear