Abominable Electronics Hail Satan Muff

Abominable Electronics Hail Satan Muff

Postby bigbadbeach » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:09 pm

Anyone have any love for the Hail Satan Muffs by Abominable Electronics? A big muff on roids!
Destroy My Brains on Facebook Facebook.com/DMBDESTROYMYBRAINS
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Re: Abominable Electronics Hail Satan Muff

Postby ricks.pics » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:26 pm

I have the Russian voiced one and it rips. Compared to my EA Supercollider the Hail Satan has a rougher fuzz character. If feels like it is still fairly scooped even with the mids control. It also does not play super well with having a od or boost pushing its front end. However the low end is ridiculous, and the rougher character of the fuzz is destructive. Kinda has a bit of a chainsaw/grindy vibe to it. I use it through a V4 for maximum sonic annihilation. Would recommend if you are looking for stupid heavy thick fuzz.
ricks.pics

interested
interested

Postby CarlGene » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:55 pm

I have a rams head voiced one that was a Haloween special. It is my main fuzz tone and I LOVE it.
CarlGene

interested
interested

Postby bigbadbeach » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:45 pm

Right on that sounds like what I'm going for. I just ordered the original style one, but the builder said after I described my sound I wanted that the original would work the best for me. Can't wait the check er out! I already have the demon lung from him and it is vicious !
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby ricks.pics » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:08 am

Hell yeah, that's awesome. I've really wanted to get a Demon Lung since he announced them, but due to "owning too many fuzzes" I've never made it happen lol.
ricks.pics

interested
interested

Postby bigbadbeach » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:03 pm

I did purchase a demon lung a few months back. It is very beastly. And I found it worked very well with my bass setup aswell ! The clean blend knob is what makes it good for bass :)
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby t-rey » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:11 am

Dude that lives down the street, heretofore known as Metal Tim, uses a custom Hail Satan as his main dirt in his band, Toke. They are pretty rad - definitely worship at the altar of Weedeater, and its the first time I've acknowledged that Wilmington/Cape Fear has a sound of its own. Plus dude from Abominable is a Carolina dude, which makes me want to throw him some cash once I get back into gearmongering.

Here's Toke:

t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bigbadbeach » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Ya I've listened to them a while back. Toke rules! That's cool that he uses the Hail Satan muff!
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby Antlerface » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:51 pm

I had a Hail Satan for a long time. I liked it, but it doesn't cut through mix enough for my band. It sounds so fucking rad on it's own, and rocks for bass.

I switched back to Rat/Mini/Doom Bloom. A bit more complicated than just Fuck/Hail Satan but it cuts better and gets all saggy and shit.
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby maggot » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:50 pm

The Demon Lung seems totally insane. It seems like you can get the most blown out, yet stylized fuzzeroo!

https://youtu.be/MjoXz6jPxJw
maggot

committed
committed

Postby Stamnes » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:41 pm

maggot wrote:The Demon Lung seems totally insane. It seems like you can get the most blown out, yet stylized fuzzeroo!

https://youtu.be/MjoXz6jPxJw

I just ordered a demon lung. I love my hyper fuzz. Cannot wait to get it in 6 to 8 weeks
Stamnes

interested
interested

Postby bigbadbeach » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:56 pm

Ya after I got the demon lung from Abominable I immediately wanted more of his pedals. It gets so destructive. And sounds killer on bass too!
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby bigbadbeach » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Has anyone tried a triangle version of the hail Satan
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby bigbadbeach » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Well I got a triangle version of this sucker now too! It is alot smoother and creamier. Way more low end and mids!!! The high end is not shrill and is smoothed right out, so I put an od in front of it and BOOM!!!!!! Monsterous sound
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby Animal Rescue » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:51 am

Use a Hail Satan pedal all the time. The Mids control is very useful and there is plenty of fuzz available. It's hard to get a bad setting if you are looking for fuzz.
Running it alone with P90's or HB's into about anything sounds great. Running it with a MP Fender Jaquar w/ P90's or a J. Mascis Squier JM, a Catlinbread Sabbra Cadabra pedal and a Peavey Delta Blues 210 amp makes for some godly tones ... just brutally heavy wall-o'-fuzz tones.
Had it for over 6 months now, played it quite a bit and it's banged around in the trunk about 1/2 that time. It travels everywhere, never know when you might need some fuzz. It's a great Big Muff clone and really, how can you hate on "glowing eyes" in an evil Goathead when the LED is clipping? Highly recommended
Animal Rescue (Mass Extinction)
https://soundcloud.com/animal-rescue-me
Animal Rescue

interested
interested

Next

Return to ilovedoom.org