>>B/S/T rules, info, and suggestions!<< READ BEFORE POSTING

Moderator: Ghost Hip

>>B/S/T rules, info, and suggestions!<< READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby FuzzHugger » Wed May 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Rules and suggestions for B/S/T.
Rules shouldn't really be needed here, as it should naturally be a self-governing, at-your-own-risk place for B/S/Ting. Most of these points should be obvious anyway! But please read this and take it to heart!

This post will be amended and updated if necessary. :)

SUGGESTIONS:
1) Pics are highly recommended. They make the B/S/T forum much more user-friendly, and make your posts more trustworthy. If the item being offered is mint and someone wants to trust you, fine. But why make someone PM you to ask for pics?

2) Post an asking price. The occasional "feeler for offers" is okay, but INFO makes sales easier for everyone. If you post that you're selling something, but don't post pics, condition, or an asking price...what's the point? :p You wouldn't want someone doing the same to you. Lots of people click back out of any thread that doesn't provide those basic details. Asking for more details is fine, but don't make people ask for details!

RULES:
1) This is a place for people to make connections to sell and trade personal items (gear or non-gear)...it is not an official marketplace of any kind.
--a) Please be safe, smart, and make sure you feel comfortable with your deals, cause there's nothing the ILF management can do for you if a sale goes bad. (Though, there are ways to launch complaints on PayPal and you will get reported (and banned) if you screw someone here.)
--b) No official Authorized Dealer type sales or giveaways here. They go in Gear. Giveaways can be posted by the manufacturer or dealer (in Gear), sales/deals can be posted in Gear, but not by the manufacturer/dealer.
--c) No manufacturers / direct sales of new pedals. You can post here if you're an active ILF member (50+ posts) offering a small-scale service (such as, if you mod a few pedals in your spare time, paint enclosures on a small scale, sew pillows, make paintings, etc...but not if you are using the B/S/T for a business, have a tied-in website, etc. Manufacturers with forums at ILF are allowed to post any personal pedals, seconds, blems, discontinued pedals, or anything of that nature here.

2) PM to discuss price or make offers. Unless the seller is requesting a public discussion or requesting a debate on the pedal's value, do not publicly question someone's listed price. Don't like the price? Move on. Or PM and make an offer, or PM suggesting a price change if you feel so bold. If you want to discuss what a pedal might be worth (without targeting other ILFers), discuss it in the Gear section.

3) UPDATE YOUR THREAD! As items sell, update your thread. (Don't show up to use the toilet and then not flush.) If possible, update your subject and make it very clear when things have sold. That way, it'll be easier to delete "sold"/dead threads.

PLEASE:
4) Please keep the B/S/T forum informational. Wading through a page or two of off-topic or goofy posts makes it harder to tell if something's sold or not, and is bound to frustrate people. (Also, because of the continued bumping that creates, that pushes other active, informational posts further down the page!) Commenting, recommending, and other on-topic replies are fine...this is ILF and we love to goof around. But we'll try to keep it to a minimum in the B/S/T forum.

Thanks for your continued use and support of ILF and the B/S/T forum!!! :joy: :hug:
:ilf:
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Re: B/S/T rules, info, and suggestions!

Postby FuzzHugger » Wed May 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Some etiquette suggestions from Elban!
elbandito wrote:If you want to sell something on b/s/t, please post price information at the very least.
If you want to trade something, please post trade ideas so people have an idea of what your looking for.
If you want to buy something, please give an idea of how much you're willing to spend. If you don't and someone low balls you, don't complain.

The more information you provide about your items, the higher the likelyhood of you making a sale!
Some ideas are: Pics, Cosmetic issues, Mods, Make, Model, Year of Purchase, History, whether or not you have the Original Box, Papers and Power Source, who the Builder was (in the case of clones), Preferred method of payment (paypal, money order, gummy bears, etc), your location and any shipment stipulations, if you don't want to ship globally.

Keeping all this in mind when posting to ILF's b/s/t will help you move your items and make b/s/t a friendly and easy place to use!

:hug: :thumb: :yay:
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby smile_man » Wed May 19, 2010 6:57 pm

And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :(
http://tsunshining.bandcamp.com/ - jamz
http://www.jamiecoxxx.tumblr.com - art jamz
zackv wrote:stop fooling around and shell out the 320$

SPACERITUAL wrote:SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRITUAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
smile_man

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby magiclawnchair » Wed May 19, 2010 7:16 pm

smile_man wrote:And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :(

siged!!!

:hug:
:flame:
"You sir, broke my speakers." - Jero
"I'll be the short-haired dummy headbanging like I've still got my old metal hair over in the corner." - jrmy
"And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :( " - smile_man
"GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!" - ST :animal:
http://soundcloud.com/magiclawnchair
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicLawnChair
http://www.myspace.com/owlcambridge
shop http://fuzzhugger.com/fhfx.html today! :poke:
magiclawnchair

FUZZHEROSAURUS
FUZZHEROSAURUS

Postby smile_man » Wed May 19, 2010 7:42 pm

:hug:
http://tsunshining.bandcamp.com/ - jamz
http://www.jamiecoxxx.tumblr.com - art jamz
zackv wrote:stop fooling around and shell out the 320$

SPACERITUAL wrote:SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRITUAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
smile_man

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby FuzzHugger » Thu May 20, 2010 2:18 am

Yep, these are just suggestions based on what the majority of people seem to prefer.

Tom Dalton wrote:Rules shouldn't really be needed here, as it should naturally be a self-governing, at-your-own-risk place for B/S/Ting.

The only actual rule is, "you can't sue me if your trade goes bad." :)*
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

!!

Postby elbandito » Thu May 20, 2010 1:43 pm

woah! when did this go up? I totally didn't notice it.
Thanks Tom!! :thumb:

oh, and
smile_man wrote:And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :(

+1
superheavyFUNK
Fuzczk & F!zz

I am ELBAN, THE TROLL SLAYER!!!!
- fide fuzz semper fidelis - ILF downtime 2011 on FB veteran

hey, i'm cool! follow me on twitter: @ricardo_bandito
elbandito

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Fri May 21, 2010 10:23 am

...I know a Finnish noisy bass player that would much appreciate a hint of whether the stuff is possibly shipping abroad. :)
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby phantasmagorovich » Tue May 25, 2010 9:30 am

Bassus Sanguinis wrote:...I know a Finnish noisy bass player that would much appreciate a hint of whether the stuff is possibly shipping abroad. :)

+1

Well, the part about shipping. I don't know any finnish bass players.
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Re: >>>B/S/T rules, info, and suggestions!<<<

Postby FuzzHugger » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:34 pm

elbandito wrote: Put it in your fucking post if you won't ship outside of your country.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby Snufkino » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:38 am

Just a suggestion. I've just started trading on ilovefuzz, and noticed you've got a thread where people list who've they've done good deals with. However, if you're wanting to deal with someone and want to find out if they're reliable or not, surely it's going to be a bit difficult trawling through all those pages? Or can you be that specific with the search engine?

I've used Harmony Central alot and have just got into the habit of putting people in my sig, so it's much easier to see who's who and easier to see who they've dealt with; for example, you're dealing with ABC and they say they've dealt with XYZ, I check XYZ's sig to see if that's true.

It just seems easier to encourage people to do this rather than use the thread? It's not exactly something you can get people to suddenly start doing, but it's just a thought. :erm:
Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby Jenesis » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:56 am

Search the thread for the username.
Jenesis

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:41 am

Yeah, the search function actually works here. And long signatures are annoying (I'm looking at you Lawnchair :oldrant:)
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: >>B/S/T rules, info, and suggestions!<< READ BEFORE POST

Postby FuzzHugger » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:53 pm

I recently had a cloning thread from the b/s/t brought to my attention. If I had the time to mod every forum here myself, it would've been deleted the day it was posted.

That type of thread is TOTALLY not okay in the B/S/T forum here on ILF.

It's clearly stated in the rules:
--c) No manufacturers / direct sales of new pedals. You can post here if you're an active ILF member (50+ posts) offering a small-scale service (such as, if you mod a few pedals in your spare time, paint enclosures on a small scale, sew pillows, make paintings, etc)...but not if you are using the B/S/T for a business, have a tied-in website, etc.

But aside from rules, blantant rip-off cloning of in-production circuits, and/or including writing the names right on the pedals, is NOT OKAY. Unethical and unwise. Period. No debate.

Continued...

--Few people have been breaking the no spam rule, but there are going to be bans for it from now on.

--With cloning, I know it's hard to decide where to draw the line. But I'm definitely not going to support practices that end up disadvantaging small builders, when their designs are explicitly being cloned (no zvex isn't a small builder, but still falls under the heading of "in-production," and writing the names on them is crazy). And I don't support a dude cloning the Timmy any more than I support Danelectro cloning the Timmy. And Dano called it something else!
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Re: >>B/S/T rules, info, and suggestions!<< READ BEFORE POST

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Tom Dalton wrote:I recently had a cloning thread from the b/s/t brought to my attention. If I had the time to mod every forum here myself, it would've been deleted the day it was posted.

That type of thread is TOTALLY not okay in the B/S/T forum here on ILF.

It's clearly stated in the rules:
--c) No manufacturers / direct sales of new pedals. You can post here if you're an active ILF member (50+ posts) offering a small-scale service (such as, if you mod a few pedals in your spare time, paint enclosures on a small scale, sew pillows, make paintings, etc)...but not if you are using the B/S/T for a business, have a tied-in website, etc.

But aside from rules, blantant rip-off cloning of in-production circuits, and/or including writing the names right on the pedals, is NOT OKAY. Unethical and unwise. Period. No debate.

Continued...

--Few people have been breaking the no spam rule, but there are going to be bans for it from now on.

--With cloning, I know it's hard to decide where to draw the line. But I'm definitely not going to support practices that end up disadvantaging small builders, when their designs are explicitly being cloned (no zvex isn't a small builder, but still falls under the heading of "in-production," and writing the names on them is crazy). And I don't support a dude cloning the Timmy any more than I support Danelectro cloning the Timmy. And Dano called it something else!

I'm new here but I saw that thread and it blew my mind that a dude was outright saying he would build anyone any boutique clone for dirt cheap. Glad to see that is discouraged :thumb:
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to Buy / Sell / Trade