Wilkinson Conversion on strat style Trem

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Wilkinson Conversion on strat style Trem

Postby Cobrah » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:36 pm

yoooooo, I have been slowly modding myFender Modern Player series Marauder, and i hate the trem on it. I ordered the "fits all strat style trems" wilkinson kit from guitar fetish and just wanted to see if anyone has done this to their strat or similar guitar yet, and looking for pointers before i start drilling into the body again.

here is the kit i got
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Stainless-Saddle-Trem-Fits-ALL-Strats-Sparkling-Chrome_p_895.html
Cobrah

committed
committed

Re: Wilkinson Conversion on strat style Trem

Postby wafl » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:57 am

I did the same conversion on a strat I built using the other 2 point trem they sell. I opened up the two outside holes and put the posts in and voilĂ , tremolo.
wafl

experienced
experienced

Re: Wilkinson Conversion on strat style Trem

Postby Mudfuzz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Cobrah wrote:yoooooo, I have been slowly modding myFender Modern Player series Marauder, and i hate the trem on it. I ordered the "fits all strat style trems" wilkinson kit from guitar fetish and just wanted to see if anyone has done this to their strat or similar guitar yet, and looking for pointers before i start drilling into the body again.

here is the kit i got
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Stainless-Saddle-Trem-Fits-ALL-Strats-Sparkling-Chrome_p_895.html

Dowel the holes you are not using, less chance of the body cracking along the old strat trem holes..
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects