POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Drink every time Trump tweets "dishonest media"!

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:16 pm

goroth wrote:We have no significance.

Posted as a link because massive picture is better than little clipped thing.

http://www.exquisiteartz.co.uk/ekmps/shops/exquisiteartz/images/carl-sagan-quote-the-pale-blue-dot.-space-print-poster-canvas.-sizes-a1-a2-a3-a4-3813-p.jpg
Iommic Pope wrote:Yeah, I get that, but we're all we have AT THE MOMENT.
It'd be really nice to get the species to the point where we can hop around the galaxy and introduce ourselves to others AND NOT HAVE THEM PUT THE NICE CUTLERY AWAY.

It's true that in the context of the universe, nothing we do could possibly matter. But I'm reminded of Gandhi's philosophical quote, "Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it." And yes, it would be nice if we could evolve to a higher state of intelligence and consciousness. Unfortunately, greed and ego hold us back.
rustywire wrote:Humanity in its present form is too immature & unworthy of venturing outside this planet. If intelligent aliens are among us, you can be certain they are working behind the scenes to keep us here before we're ready for the next level of civilization. Otherwise it would be like the wild west/frontier life in a mad quest for smash & grab throughout the solar system & beyond. The people who are capable of true empathy would not be near the front of the line to take that next step.

Throughout our history, most of our conflicts have been driven by competition for resources. I think how peaceful or warlike alien civilizations are could depend on how readily they can access whatever resources they want and desire. The more limited their access to resources, the more hostile they might be.
Last edited by Lurker13 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Many people think that when Trump made that "nasty woman" comment during that debate he was referring to Hillary.

He was actually just talking about himself.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:43 pm

There's a star trek episode called when the "bough breaks" where a cloaked planet reveals itself and steals the children..the planet being governed by a computer called the custodian which everyone depends on yet don't understand....wierdly in my mind..seems is a metaphor for our times?....lol lurkers comment made me think of that idk
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 pm

Strangely enough, I watched that episode again recently. :picard:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:06 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:There's a star trek episode called when the "bough breaks" where a cloaked planet reveals itself and steals the children..the planet being governed by a computer called the custodian which everyone depends on yet don't understand....wierdly in my mind..seems is a metaphor for our times?....lol lurkers comment made me think of that idk

I don't remember that episode.

Why the fuck don't I remember that episode.

I remember all the Star Trek episodes.
:wha?:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:27 pm

is that TOS or TNG?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 pm

the next generation.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:41 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:There's a star trek episode called when the "bough breaks" where a cloaked planet reveals itself and steals the children..the planet being governed by a computer called the custodian which everyone depends on yet don't understand....wierdly in my mind..seems is a metaphor for our times?....lol lurkers comment made me think of that idk

Well as long as I've provoked brainwave activity in someone, I've done my job. :yay: Carry on, comesect! :thumb:
Last edited by Lurker13 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 pm

I will say this. Trump is right about CNN (also fuck Fox). I remember when I was in Israel about 10 years ago (pretty sure I've told this story) and they reported that the Gaza had been bombed. Now keep in mind, it did in fact get bombed that same year, but in this instance it did not. They shot a guy carrying explosives about a hundred miles out from the Gaza border. How do I know this? I was in Israel and it was on their local fucking news and I spoke with many locals about it. I had been at the Dead Sea the day it happened which would have made them flip their shit if it was being bombed. That's 70 miles away from Gaza and 30 miles from where I was. They shot him for bypassing a guard tower I believe was the official story (so they didn't even know he had explosives at the time, just that he wouldn't comply). They later corrected the story I believe, but it made me very angry. The whole time I was in Israel I felt safe, despite all the news outlets saying how dangerous it is.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby rustywire » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:04 am

The corporate cable news media machine is the enemy of the people and an engine for misinformation, not truth. Remember that.
SARS. Hoof & mouth. Bird flu. Swine flu. Ebola.
Months and months of coverage for each pending pandemic that never panned out; preying on the fearful, panicky nature of people.
Don't believe their lies mementoteddy.jpg

Several years back there was an incident where a vehicle jumped the curb & injured several kids behind our building.
All the major news networks had coverage, I watched as it unfolded as choppers were heard hovering overhead (pissing me off for a half hour).
No 2 reports aligned, had the same principle information. The number of kids, their condition, which type of vehicle, how it happened and why.
But they sure sensationalized the shit out of the story, every last one of them, most leading with it. Brought to you buy such-and-such.

FB feeds are even worse. Getting your news from your feed is a surefire way to make yourself miserable, because anger is among the most intense emotions, and negativity gets the reactions. Succumbing to clickbait only makes it worse. If your curiosity gets the better of you, check out r/savedyouaclick instead. Also on twtr.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:09 am

I respectfully disagree. He has no place to be criticizing a free press for calling him out on his constant stream of bullshit. Especially since 99% of the election/aftermath they've done nothing more than broadcast public record and mostly his own words.

A 24 hour constant news cycle leads to less than ideal reporting, but deligitimizing the press reeks of fascism. I'll take a few errors (that are later redacted) over living around morons who've allowed corrupt politicians to poison the well for their own transparent gain.

If we follow this slippery slope of acting like media criticism is justified for every inflection that doesn't please your confirmation bias we'll just have Trump getting away with more blatant falsehoods, Alex Jones retards gaining more clout and more people being put in danger or senselessly murdered because of pizzagates and Carly "baby parts" Fiorina.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:36 am

rustywire wrote:The corporate cable news media machine is the enemy of the people and an engine for misinformation, not truth. Remember that.
SARS. Hoof & mouth. Bird flu. Swine flu. Ebola.
Months and months of coverage for each pending pandemic that never panned out; preying on the fearful, panicky nature of people.
Don't believe their lies mementoteddy.jpg

Different fucking story if you lived in West Africa or Asia though.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 am

comesect2.0 wrote:the next generation.

Oh, sorry, that's not the one I saw recently then. I was confusing that with "Spock's Brain" which also contains a plot element with a planet where people don't understand technology. The computer in it is called "The Controller". Similar, but different.

:picard: :picard:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 am

deleted my fb account cuz of all the misinformation about everything. I dont own a Tv ...and somewhere in your life you find a spark of the ultimate that guides you without thinking about it. think I summed up all i have to say on last page, but politics sure is fun...so to reiterate my words in nasty american slang, i'll say...no matter what your conquest is, desire, or love...they will try to control it and as you change and as the condition of the human world changes such as politics, things that or most obvious will go unnoticed and their control will alter the view and mind of your children unless we forsake the now. the old saying of more things change the more they stay the same is the illusion of control. and there is no escaping what has been done, all thats left is for you to change the many ways we imagine existence.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:53 am

is that the one where he goes blind!? fuck it im gonna drink some beers and watch the orginal ....kirk out.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion