The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:03 pm

resincum wrote:went to see one of my best friends the other night. he left town about six months ago to work on a weed farm and managed to kick dope out there. was in town for the holidays so I had to get some time in.. went out for a drink, didn't hear my phone ring. partner left a message and she sounded PISSED. erratic style. I thought she was fucking with me so whatever I text her back and make it home in an hour ... all my pedals were scattered throughout the house. WTF!!! ripped from my pedal board and stashed around. it was the first night my partner got her period in like almost a year and a half so I'm ggoing to leave up to hormones or something, she was so embarassed the next day,but holy fuck I dont think ive ever been so pissed or DUMBFOUNDED. still blows my mind when I think about it like what the fuck

wait you didn't call back so she dismantled your board?

how does that even happen?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:11 pm

:whoa: :eek: :no: wow.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Hormones, shmoremones. That's a red flag of the deepest crimson with gargantuan proportions.
If you're an adult, fucking act like it when you cant get your way/instant gratification.
Soon as a tantrum is thrown or you're being attacked indirectly because you deserve it then it's time to have a serious chat.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:15 pm

rustywire wrote:Hormones, shmoremones. That's a red flag of the deepest crimson with gargantuan proportions.
If you're an adult, fucking act like it when you cant get your way/instant gratification.
Soon as a tantrum is thrown or you're being attacked indirectly because you deserve it then it's time to have a serious chat.

agreed:

as a side note the expectation of instant access and response to all calls/texts is getting out of control

had one argument that went in this direction a few years back "Why didn't you pick up your phone?"

Response "What would you have done 15 years ago"

sometimes I miss the late 90s just from a response time standpoint.
It's why I like long flights (no contact just chill) soon even that will be taken from us......................

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:27 pm

I KNOW.... I was ready to throw out all her precious make up until I realized I fuckin bought it all
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:34 pm

resincum wrote:it was the first night my partner got her period in like almost a year and a half

Am I the only one confused by this statement? :?:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Freal. It's become a bane to western culture; an entitlement to getting the desired outcome & inability to accept anything else.
There's no excusing an individual who becomes belligerent over nothing, even violent. Professional help is needed when that happens.
15 years ago I had a *friend* who would call back-to-back 3-4x instead of leaving a message. Then every 10, 15 min increments etc. So long, mate.
I'm practically convinced one of the keys to peace of mind is the ability to be (nearly) unreachable from time to time.
Also acknowledging you know, best laid plans...

edit: No idea @jr re: confused...not much nuance about it :idk:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:42 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
resincum wrote:it was the first night my partner got her period in like almost a year and a half

she's been breast feeding since our son was born. body can lag to catch up to regular pace if you're doing that

she's usually fucking rad. I mean she's the love of my life. but this was some next level wacko shit
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:43 pm

rustywire wrote:Freal. It's become a bane to western culture; an entitlement to getting the desired outcome & inability to accept anything else.
There's no excusing an individual who becomes belligerent over nothing, even violent. Professional help is needed when that happens.
15 years ago I had a *friend* who would call back-to-back 3-4x instead of leaving a message. Then every 10, 15 min increments etc. So long, mate.
I'm practically convinced one of the keys to peace of mind is the ability to be (nearly) unreachable from time to time.
Also acknowledging you know, best laid plans...

word........yeah you gotta get away and you gotta surround yourself with some people that will except that.

At work I am always trying to get people to slow down the e-mail conversation on certain issues. not everything needs an instant response, as someone who has outlook on every device I can touch (4 screens currently) this gets tough, but you have to pump the brakes once in a while.

the violence/property destruction thing is in many ways inexcusable, although it doesn't sound like anything was broken, this would have been a funny prank if it was done in the right spirit

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:27 pm

resincum wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:

she's been breast feeding since our son was born. body can lag to catch up to regular pace if you're doing that

she's usually fucking rad. I mean she's the love of my life. but this was some next level wacko shit

Ohhhhh, okay. That explains it.
Obviously, I don't know jack about humans and human biology. :wha?:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:26 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
resincum wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:

Ohhhhh, okay. That explains it.
Obviously, I don't know jack about humans and human biology. :wha?:

nor should you have to, until you are ready.....then ILF can have "the talk" with you if needed :p

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:43 pm

I HATE it when people push me to answer immediately. Fuck that. Let me think about it for a few minutes. Let me get past my first impression, because that is not always (usually) the best response.

Other than that, I know hormones can be tough, but there is usually something else going on. I'd try to have a calm conversation about what that "other" was. Most folks don't just get crazy because someone doesn't call them back...
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lokmund » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:56 pm

I'm noticing more and more that working in a store, in a mall, with a varying degree of social anxiety is... Not ideal.
lokmund

interested
interested

Postby odontophobia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:03 pm

aens_wife wrote:I HATE it when people push me to answer immediately. Fuck that. Let me think about it for a few minutes. Let me get past my first impression, because that is not always (usually) the best response.

Other than that, I know hormones can be tough, but there is usually something else going on. I'd try to have a calm conversation about what that "other" was. Most folks don't just get crazy because someone doesn't call them back...

Yeah. Would strongly encourage y'all to just talk. If she was really pissed about something last night then she may have behaved irrationally.

Have kids is tough. More tough if we don't communicate about what's going on. Im new to parenthood so everybody has been in the game way longer but I look at it like this...

Jam space is 5 minutes up the road. I want to jam. I say to my partner: "I'd like to play some music tonight. Would you mind if I left for 70-minutes to do that? I'll be just up the road and came home if needed."

Kids are tough. I don't have to ask my partners permission to do ANYTHING but I want her to know that her feelings about things are important and that I'm willing to be flexible.

Of course the baby screamed bloody murder the whole time I was gone... so I made sure that the next day she got a little more time to herself. If the baby was screaming then I took it.

:idk:

Our relationships are rooted in our communication. It's unfair to not let somebody know how you feel about something and to sulk.

Unrelated. Breast feeding is cool as fuck.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aens_wife » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:22 pm

odontophobia wrote:Our relationships are rooted in our communication. It's unfair to not let somebody know how you feel about something and to sulk.

Unrelated. Breast feeding is cool as fuck.

This is also how we roll at our house. We don't need permission, but we do almost always check in with the other person before we do something. If the other person doesn't voice their concerns when they have them, it screws up the whole damn equation. If there is an issue, just bring it up so a solution can be found.

And breastfeeding is cool as fuck...but I am also super glad I don't have to do it anymore. haha. Holy shit is it amazing and impossibly hard at the same time.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion