2in2out FX-loop

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

2in2out FX-loop

Postby thesmellofrain » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:27 am

Hi.

So Ive had this idea of building an FX loop pedal with 2ins and 2 outs(in addition to the FX loop). I want to switch between the 2 ins/outs but always have the loop running through whatever is the current channel. The reason I want this is to put my ditto looper in the FX loop and move it between the fron and the end of my pedalboard. Is this possible without any issues with switch pop and unwanted feedback looping?

thanks
Bend & Release.
thesmellofrain

involved
involved

Re: 2in2out FX-loop

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:40 pm

If you want to just move the ditto get one of these:

http://www.loop-master.com/effect-order-switcher-p-346.html
http://saturnworkspedals.com/product/pedal-order-switcher/

Unless I am misunderstanding?
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby thesmellofrain » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Exactly! Does anyone have a schematic for one of these? Would think it is a fairly easy thing. Ive done a combined FX/feedback looper before. Just need to wrap my head around the wiring.
Bend & Release.
thesmellofrain

involved
involved

Postby thesmellofrain » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Never mind! Found one
Bend & Release.
thesmellofrain

involved
involved

Postby spacelordmother » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:14 am

:thumb:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Nocentelli » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:02 am

If you want to make the most of your Ditto and other effects, you can combine the loop order switching with FX loop bypass switching: Especially useful if you have a tonne of fx. I built a dual looper (i.e. two loops, both bypassable) with a third switch that reverses the order:

The looper/juggler pedal is bottom right. Green loop (bypassed via the right hand footswitch) is the front row of pedals, containing all the effects I know i will not want to send the Ditto through (mainly vile fuzzes) with the Ditto at the end so I can record and loop filthy guitar and can cut the looped guitar in and out without touching the Ditto; The red loop (bypassed via the left hand footswitch) contains the back row, all the effects I might want to record OR use to process the loop. The central footswitch is the Juggle switch, and a red/green bicolour LED shows which loop comes first in the chain.
Nocentelli

involved
involved

Return to DIY Effects