MWFX

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MWFX

Postby Howsyrface » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Wow, been waiting for a demo of this to pop up. Sounds great. Thanks!
Howsyrface

involved
involved

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Yeah, thanks for sharing. PLLs are so awesome. :snax:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:58 pm

No problemo. I'll chuck up some soundcloud clips of it with other pedals as and when.
I think this has cooled down my gas for a seppuku digitizer for now....
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:18 pm

Do you mean the AnalSynth? Digitizer isn't PLL, I think.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:52 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Do you mean the AnalSynth? Digitizer isn't PLL, I think.

Oh yeah I know, but I'd put it in the same vaguely wacky grouping as the glitch in that it can take your signal and spit out something completely messed up. Don't know that I need that AND this on my board.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:32 am

:facepalm: Pedal broke a few days ago. Some sort of small metal ball has popped out of the octave selector switch meaning it doesn't click into place any more and rotates freely, doesn't seem to be making proper connection as it's gone extra glitchy with scratchiness. :cry:
Emailed Matt about it and hes fixing it. Wtf is it with me and PLL's? They all seem to hate me. I'm really beginning to dislike the idea of owning pedals that can't be instantly replaced for any amount of cash. If my latest 4046m breaks again I think I'm just gonna have to jack them in and settle for some other less awesome but readily replaceable synth pedal..... pollyanna or bit commander probably.
Last edited by chrisdermo on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:46 am

chrisdermo wrote::facepalm: Pedal broke a few days ago. Some sort of small metal ball has popped out of the octave selector switch meaning it doesn't click into place any more and rotates freely, doesn't seem to be making proper connection as it's gone extra glitchy with scratchiness. :cry:
Emailed Matt about it and the replacement he promised with the +1 octave setting fixed but still waiting to hear back. Wtf is it with me and PLL's? They all seem to hate me. I'm really beginning to dislike the idea of owning pedals that can't be instantly replaced for any amount of cash. If my latest 4046m breaks again I think I'm just gonna have to jack them in and settle for some other less awesome but readily replaceable synth pedal..... pollyanna or bit commander probably.

:(

You tried the subdecay octasynth?

Sooooo good!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:57 am

That's definitely on my list of pedals to try. I love my microsynth though and think it'd probably be too similar.....definitely gonna try it and see though.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:34 am

That sucks, man. Had a similar streak of failing pedals a couple of years back, and it made me vary of what I buy (and who I buy from).

Have you tried the Guitar Disruptor from Electro-Faustus? Some really fat synth sounds in there, and it's cheap as all hell. The Bananana Nirvanana seems really cool as well (it's pretty damn small though, if that's an issue).
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby elevenstrings » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:49 pm

I wouldn't recommend the Nirvanana as a PLL substitute. It only has 2 options for changing the tone (a multiplier with 4 options, and something relative to the loop speed switch) - all the other controls have to do with the Sequencer, which is rad. It's very cool for getting a PLL sound without dealing with 15 knobs/switches, but it lacks the full scope of real thing/clones.
elevenstrings

experienced
experienced

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:15 pm

I want the glitch baaaaaad though..... nothing else sounds like it! in terms of non glitching PLL I'd be happy with a mini ark mode 1 on its own, and maybe a knob for the dive bombs like the flex. Mini ark is just so damn enormous and expensive! Or actually the 4046m minus the modulator section would be awesome.
I looked at the electro Faustus disruptor and guitardammerung a lot but kept coming to the conclusion I need the two voices and their metallic toanz which is why I didn't rate the flex xs, I have a blue box and a microsynth for the analog octave shiz, which means I'm really unlikely To be satisfied by a Pollyanna or bit commander etc. Times like this I wish I had any sort of circuit cloning skills!
Perhaps if we keep hounding Matt he'll do a proper batch soon. He showed me proto of a mini metal glitch too which had 0 to +5 octaves like the old version and only glitch/lockup/ mod|add knobs. From using the big one I know that thing would be able to do plenty of awesome stuffs!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:13 pm

PLL sucks, the Copilot Mantis, MI Audio Pollyanna and Subdecay OctaSynth are much better and much heavier sounding if you're mostly going for octave down synth sounds.
If you like multiple voices then the best pedal I know is still the Infanem Second Voice, preferably the first version (the only PLL that actually can sound kinda heavy).
Or maybe one of those TWA Synth thingamajigs, don't know, all clips of it seem to underwhelm me.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Tristan wrote:PLL sucks,

Gesunteit
Tristan wrote:the Copilot Mantis, MI Audio Pollyanna and Subdecay OctaSynth are much better and much heavier sounding if you're mostly going for octave down synth sounds.
If you like multiple voices then the best pedal I know is still the Infanem Second Voice, preferably the first version (the only PLL that actually can sound kinda heavy).
Or maybe one of those TWA Synth thingamajigs, don't know, all clips of it seem to underwhelm me.

TWA underwhelms me too for sure, and the price tag is insane. Though reading the blurb about all the work they put into it etc I guess it's justified.
I always forget about the second voice but I feel like I read more complaints about it than positives. I'll check it out if this 4046 craps out. Will keep an eye out for the others too thanks for reminding me of the mantis and second voice!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby taco satori » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:52 pm

chrisdermo wrote::facepalm: Pedal broke a few days ago. Some sort of small metal ball has popped out of the octave selector switch meaning it doesn't click into place any more and rotates freely, doesn't seem to be making proper connection

Yeah, this happened to me one with a wooden one I got secondhand earlier this year :cry: I was on the fence about whether I should keep it. When upstream from high gain pedals I got some carrier noise when bypassed, so I would put it in a bypass loop where I'd have additional control over the volume. Being able to dial in glitchy tremolo and the usual PLL synthy modulation is pretty fun. For now looks like I'm stuck with it :(
Great deals with lordgalvar, filipre, seten, DannDubblewe, PumpkinPieces, backwardsvoyager, DADGBD, jwar, JonnyAngle, dandolin, pd~, Dungus, dminner
taco satori

committed
committed

Postby Pete » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:56 pm

I've never really understood what a PLL pedal is. I just think wacky fuzz/filter craziness. Are pedals like Subdecay Noise Box, MASF Biloma, Seppuku Junktone, Industrialectric 4046-M, Mantic Flex, etc. considered PLL pedals?
Pete

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear