The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Six days ago I ordered desoldering braid (which is necessary for my job) off of Amazon.
I had prime two day shipping.
Apparently, it shipped from Ohio to Pennsylvania over a period of five days and now I have no fucking clue how long it's going to be until it ships back here in Ohio. :facepalm: :mad:

I ordered a pair of memory boards that shipped from South Carolina which showed up in two days (and, despite all the specs being perfect, they don't even work with my computer). :facepalm:

I hate Christmastime.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:42 pm

If you let amazon know that your items didn't arrive in time you get a free month of prime or something. We do it regularly.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby GuitarSlim101 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:11 pm

My grandpa's funeral was yesterday. I've never had a death hit me this hard. Came home, drank WAY too much, fell down, bruised a rib, fucked up my shoulder, and broke my glasses. Been spending the day feeling like an asshole.
GuitarSlim101

committed
committed

Postby echorec » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:04 pm

GuitarSlim101 wrote:My grandpa's funeral was yesterday. I've never had a death hit me this hard. Came home, drank WAY too much, fell down, bruised a rib, fucked up my shoulder, and broke my glasses. Been spending the day feeling like an asshole.

That's terrible. Sorry, fellow.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:10 pm

fuck, slim that's rough. i've been there too man, when my grandma died i was on tour and i basically did the same thing at a friend's house in arizona. when i got back for the funeral, i couldn't even function that day.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:28 pm

GuitarSlim101 wrote:My grandpa's funeral was yesterday. I've never had a death hit me this hard. Came home, drank WAY too much, fell down, bruised a rib, fucked up my shoulder, and broke my glasses. Been spending the day feeling like an asshole.

Really sorry to hear this, Slim, my deepest sympathies. But you're not an asshole, just someone who was distraught, so there is no need whatsoever to beat yourself up. :hug:

Iommic Pope wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:
DRodriguez wrote:Just got a note from the IRS saying I owe them a bunch of taxes over some discrepancy in some income reported. Odd that they waited the whole year to tell me, say that I have less than a month to pay them, and charge me interest for the past year.

The fuck dude?

Andrew wrote:Managed to hit my broken toe on side of my bed and howled like a dog, was feeling much better the past few days. Ouch.

Ah man, I did that last year.
Re-broke the toe the same way I broke the fucking thing.

I've had a good run at life lately, but all of a sudden I just feel shitty about everything.
I just got this wave of disinterest and "why bother" and this sense that everyone thinks I'm an idiot when all I'm trying to do is be as good as I can be to them.
It's always after I go through periods where I start to feel good about myself.
Not like I think I'm great but just to the stage where I feel I know where I'm at with everything and I'm quietly confident.
Maybe I'm just programmed to hate myself.

I don't even have any real problems.

Man your problems are as real to you as mine are to me as anybody else has problems relative to them. They all just manifest differently.

:hug:
Thanks man.

Yeah I got a wave of the "lets go hang ourself" last night.
So I just went to bed at 9.
Took today off.
Spent my morning christmas shopping with my boy for my wife and then took her to the movies to see Rogue One.
I feel totally fucking drained, but at least I feel reasonable again.
I don't know what brings this shit on, I'm pretty sure it's not 100% cognitive now.
They're starting to feel more and more like physical events or clear episodes as I get older.
I'm getting better at identifying them as well, which is helpful.
When I was younger it was all, "holyshiteverythingisamessanditsallmefuckitgonnadieeeeeeeeeeeeee."
But now I'm learning to ride it out and know it'll be over if I can wait it out.

So, young people here dealing with depression/anxiety: Fill your life with good shit.
Recognise it is full of good shit.
Wait for shit to stop feeling bad and go back to enjoying your good shit.
Eliminate bad shit wherever possible in your life ASAP.
Especially people.
Bad people are the worst shit of all.

IP, I'm sorry you went through the things you describe in your first stanza, but your second stanza is solid gold. :)*

Hang in there, people, life is a roller coaster ride for everyone on the planet. Enjoy the highs and persevere through the lows.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:06 pm

The last firing went down today. Took three hours. Guy said his life is over, wife will leave, won't be able to make up his debts. Said he was 'gonna do something rash,' and needed to sit and talk. Said he was a failure of a human being, and that he was at the end of his rope. Begged for his job, or any job.

Jesus Christ what a shit day for everybody involved.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:36 pm

Invisible Man wrote:The last firing went down today. Took three hours. Guy said his life is over, wife will leave, won't be able to make up his debts. Said he was 'gonna do something rash,' and needed to sit and talk. Said he was a failure of a human being, and that he was at the end of his rope. Begged for his job, or any job.

Holy fuck man. No words. :hug:
That's just awful.

Thanks, Lurker.
Sort of shits me how it's just waves of overwhelming awful sometimes but it goes as it comes.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:Thanks, Lurker.
Sort of shits me how it's just waves of overwhelming awful sometimes but it goes as it comes.

:hug: Stay tough, IP. When I have those feelings these days, rather than actually having an urge to do myself in anymore, it's more like I would welcome someone with a gun who broke in and wanted to snuff me. But yeah, it tends to go away. Things could be far, far worse. I try to remind myself that First World miseries pale in comparison to the miseries in other parts of the world.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:13 am

though day over here but sort of paling in comparison.
kind of tidily-wink sit. some bickering.

want you all to know that i'm sending positive vibes your way.
nobody should have to feel like this, esp. around the holidays.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby rustywire » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:52 am

Invisible Man wrote:The last firing went down today. Took three hours. Guy said his life is over, wife will leave, won't be able to make up his debts. Said he was 'gonna do something rash,' and needed to sit and talk. Said he was a failure of a human being, and that he was at the end of his rope. Begged for his job, or any job.

Why tf do *people* (read: cozy corporate bigshots and buster-ass bureaucrats, asinine administrators) do this shit the week before Christmas?
I got canned from a much-less-important job the week of Christmas back in the Bush years.
But I didn't have a household full of dependents & soul-sucking debt stressing me out. That's just scust.
They really had to ruin the holiday weekend for everyone in proximity of this fella's life? Couldn't wait until the week after?
This is the exact type of bullshit why I have no patience for the lip-service of corporate speak & academia overrun by cold phonies.

I was already in a sour mood, since my ilfss-mas gift stopped working today. Half of it anyway. Suddenly, in the proper context my issue (rightfully) seems like small potatoes, but I'm now in even more of a sour mood, sad for the fella who got laid off instead of a bonus :mad: :no:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nieh » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:57 am

had an absolutely awful day at work, finished it off by fucking up my front end on a snow bank when I got home.

also, on the 12th I ordered a source audio tap tempo switch directly from their store and paid for priority 2 day shipping. after a few days of not hearing anything I emailed them on the 16th asking when my order was going to be shipped, the guy told me it was shipped the day before (15th) and sent me a tracking number. number is invalid, so I check it the next day, and it says the shipping label was created on the 16th a few hours after I had emailed them. a few days later (18th) it still says the label was created, but hasn't been received by the USPS. so I email them again asking when my order will actually be shipped. They still haven't responded... what do I do?
Chankgeez wrote:(Don't worry, spouses come and go, ILF is forever.)

nieh

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bob the r0bot » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:11 am

snitch to paypal
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:24 am

Source Audio's pulling a Midnight? :facepalm:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:01 pm

jrfox92 wrote:Source Audio's pulling a Midnight? :facepalm:

you're a feisty one who lives for drama huh? :p

@nieh, get them to refund you priority shipping. that's pretty fucked
Last edited by resincum on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion