My Dunable

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: My Dunable

Postby bloatedsack » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:06 pm

To be the idiot in this thread, what's the little "Pro 2" box hanging off the bridge? Wang bar?
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:07 pm

It's a Stetsbar ;)
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:49 pm

rustywire wrote:Imperfections in a custom, handmade guitar are one thing. In fact, they should be expected to some extent. I don't think that's the issue.
But a custom guitar crossing the 4-figure threshold and arriving "unfinished" or "good enough" is something else entirely. Over the past several years Gibby has been garnering a rep for suffering in that regard, with (for example) sharp frets on $3500 production models. WRT attention to detail; while perfection may be a tall order, exceptional is possible to achieve, nor is it unreasonable to expect such a standard if you're paying a premium for [it].

fair point. But I personally care more about the instrument feeling and playing (sounding) great :idk: or, possibly, exceptional. We are mostly talking about aesthetics, no?
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:42 pm

It really does look like cum in that guitar bag. I cummed in a guitar bag once and it looked just like that.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Did you need a fluffer?
Or did you just hit it hard straight up?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:02 am

A $2K guitar should come with a case. A GC gig bag with snail trails on it would immediately prompt a rage response from me. Did you not raise hell?
Last edited by popvulture on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:52 am

DarkAxel wrote:
rustywire wrote:Imperfections in a custom, handmade guitar are one thing. In fact, they should be expected to some extent. I don't think that's the issue.
But a custom guitar crossing the 4-figure threshold and arriving "unfinished" or "good enough" is something else entirely. Over the past several years Gibby has been garnering a rep for suffering in that regard, with (for example) sharp frets on $3500 production models. WRT attention to detail; while perfection may be a tall order, exceptional is possible to achieve, nor is it unreasonable to expect such a standard if you're paying a premium for [it].

fair point. But I personally care more about the instrument feeling and playing (sounding) great :idk: or, possibly, exceptional. We are mostly talking about aesthetics, no?

finish flaws happen with tons of builders and i don't think it's a huge deal unless you really were only given pictures/information suggesting it would be looking pristine. IMO it can even enhance the 'aesthetic' aspect.
crooked bridge = not okay, though. anything that affects playability/intonation should be up to scratch.

that gig bag is disgusting though. if you're making custom guitars you should really be sourcing new or refurbished cases ( or sturdy bags ) suitable for the instrument so the buyer isn't left with that headache. at that price you're not gonna lose business factoring a proper case into the price.

shouldn't your harvester be ready soon, spacey? hopefully that should turn out much better. the case i got with mine was a new one that he'd modified to fit the guitar better, and the hardware was all perfectly aligned, you should be fine there.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:56 am

Guys I'm abolutely not contesting that gigbag rage. That is just ridiculous :no:

if the bridge really was/is crooked and it was not intonating - that is bad. But as I say - could be just a badly cut pickguard. I guess only SR really knows, so it's just a speculation :idk:
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:01 am

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Am I the only one who read the thread title as "My dumble" and clicked because Spacey with a blues lawyer amp would be so funny? :lol:

I'll be honest, that's 100% why I'm here.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:01 am

My Dunable sounds like something you'd find at Babies R Us. Is your little Olivia or Mason making too much noise all the time? My Dunable® is a baby's best friend. This guitar is hand-knitted from natural organic cotton and when squeezed, lights up with a gentle glow. When naptime's over, it folds up into an easy-to-carry pacifier pocket, for all your binkie storage needs!

*To clean, soak in a mild solution of gmo-free cumstains for 2-4 weeks.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:12 am

I do understand that on a handmade instrument from a small builder some finish flaws (especially on nitro stuff) can be expected, however this seems way beyond that to my eyes and I would be equally frustrated.

I did inspect my Nelson for issues when I got it and it was nearly flawless and absolutely perfect in areas that would impact playability (and it was a blem) as was the used Rinehart tele I got my hands on for a while, it is possible to make very good instruments in a small shop,

The Gig Bag is one of the worst things I have ever seen, and would instantly put anyone who received the guitar into inspection mode
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:21 pm

For context:

I've had the guitar for two years now. Have only told a small group of people about the problems.

I don't want to argue because i don't really give a shit, and this goes quadruple for Axel, but i feel like i should address a couple things:

Ive owned a lot of high end stuff. In the past two years I've spent maybe $20k on guitars alone. most of this stuff doesnt get discussed here because i don't really feel the need to post on forums a lot anymore. I guess it pretty much happened to all the old timers here. No big deal.

I buy high end stuff because i personally enjoy it and if you have an opinion about how i should spend my money just don't bother because its none of your business and I'm definitely not listening. Try worrying about your own money, I only post this stuff for community information anyway.

ANYWAY:

Talking about flaws in a high end guitar (over $2000) that "don't affect playability or sound" is asinine. You can get a guitar that sounds and plays really well these days for $300. The only reason to pay more is to get something better. More money should equal a better product. Period. Now you can determine value any way you want. A $10,000 rolex doesnt tell time better, or even as well, as a casio, and i bet you the buyers of both have a totally different concept of value. So I'm not talking about value or bang for your buck here.

You pay more for a guitar to get a better product, be it in terms of fit and finish, sound, or having it custom tailored to your personal needs. For whatever reason you buy an expensive guitar, you are going to expect it to be better than one that costs $200, and it should be.

Its definitely possible to do perfect nitro and flawless fit and finish by hand in a small shop. Bill Asher and countless others do it day in and day out.

Now I definitely understand that those guys have a lot more experience than sacha, you have to start somewhere, but the reason i think the faults with this bare mention is because, aside from the bridge and a couple of other things, they speak to someone that didn't fuck up because of skill, but fucked up because, at some point, they didn't give a shit.

Do i think sacha is a malicious, evil guitarfuckerupper who does this for fun? No, i just don't think that at the time I got the guitar that it just was high on his priority list. If i had not said anything about cum stains, i still guarantee every person here would have thought "that looks like a cumstain in that case". Im saying this because, I'm sure, at some point, sacha looked at that case and said "Damn this is totally covered in dirt and it looks like theres a cumstain in it" but then for whatever reason decided to send the guitar in that anyway. Same for the glue thats allover the frets. Thats 100% noticeable and very easily fixed.

That to me is the principal that divides the upper tier of guitar builders from everyone else. Treating every guitar like its the most important or most expensive guitar you're going to make. Showing customers that you give a shit about what goes out with your name on it. When you buy something expensive you should expect that every time, I certainly do.

'EDIT: Im drunk i know theres a lot of punctuation lacking and there are a lot of run-ons. You arent paying me so maybe ill edit later, maybe i wont. Probably i wont.

EDIT:
DarkAxel wrote:if the bridge really was/is crooked and it was not intonating - that is bad. But as I say - could be just a badly cut pickguard. I guess only SR really knows, so it's just a speculation :idk:

I told you the bridge was crooked. I even mentioned that I had sent it back to sacha to fix it. Which he did. Why is it you never stop to read and process an OP before you jump in with a contradictory response? Is it because english is a second language? Please tell me thats it.
Last edited by SPACERITUAL on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:24 pm

Interesting, I was wondering about the R2 to replace my lust for an RD to replace my stolen one. There is one at Chicago Music Exchange that I was gonna check out tomorrow and Im sorta wondering if the same type of issues will be present in that guitar. I don't know I can give some slack to small builders but at the same time that shit you got going on there is a fucking shame. Especially that cum rag of a bag you got, I'm not sure why anyone would jerk into it when tube socks are easy to find for cheap.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby SPACERITUAL » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:32 pm

sergiomunoz74 wrote: I'm not sure why anyone would jerk into it when tube socks are easy to find for cheap.

Ask behndy.

Either way I've heard positives and negatives about the stuff he's doing these days, and I'm pretty sure that a show like CME has their own techs that go over stuff and if you were buying a guitar I'm sure they'd bust out a razor blade or some sandpaper if you saw glue on a fret. I know magiclawnchair played all the durables they had in stock and went home with one so he would be a better guy to ask about current stuff. Mine was probably in the first 30 guitars he made. It even has the old headstock.
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:31 am

Those build flaws and that gig bag are unacceptable for guitars at that price. Makes you wonder if Deafheaven's guitars look like this. You see it pretty common in the boutique guitar industry where high profile players get bumped up in line and get better quality builds where the guys paying full price that the builder really needs to court just get sent a half finished instrument 6 months late. I seriously cant believe he shipped the guitar in that gig bag. It would be better to ship with no case than be known as the builder that shipped a guitar in a used GC case.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass