Zombie Dust Pickups

Zombie Dust Pickups

Postby bigbadbeach » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:40 pm

Hey looking to toss some new pickups in my Iceman400. I was thinking of throwing in some hand built pickups and helping a small builder out. Anyone use Zombie Dust pickups . If you guys use em, let me know what you think?
Destroy My Brains on Facebook Facebook.com/DMBDESTROYMYBRAINS
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Re: Zombie Dust Pickups

Postby fcknoise » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:03 am

Hm, never heard about them, but now I'm tempted to try a pair in my SG. I like the pricing
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:37 am

I'm gonna have a look but I'd first like to commend your excellent choice of guitar.

I have Lace Pikes in mine. I love it.

But I think the next thing I put together is going to have either BLK TRI or Avedissian in it.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bigbadbeach » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:09 am

Iommic Pope wrote:I'm gonna have a look but I'd first like to commend your excellent choice of guitar.

But I think the next thing I put together is going to have either BLK TRI or Avedissian in it.

Thanks man. I really love my iceman... I went with the Doomsters! I talked to the builder and told him what kind of sound and he was immediately like, oh yes I have you covered with these. I guess the guys from the slomatics used them on their last album and loved them.

I was also looking into that BLk TRI ! They look sweet, and the description they have for their pickups really makes you want to get them. I never met anyone who had them yet though. Keep us posted if you get them!
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:17 am

I've bought caps through them and they're really great to deal with.
I wanted two of their Weber Ghost speakers but they got swamped at Black Friday and never got back to me.
Their bigcartel didnt let me do an international checkout on them either.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:48 am

I have a BLK TRI tele bridge pickup and it totally rips.
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bigbadbeach » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:46 pm

OK I got the Doomsters a few weeks ago. Melted them in and boom! They really do sound amazing. Totally clear and yet thick and soulful. The have alot of character of their own. They are loose and yet tight as fuck. They sound sweet as fuck with my pedals. I would recommend these any day to anyone. I swapped out black winters for these. And black winters are no slouch, when it comes to metal and fuzzed out rock. Very very impressed. So I ordered some more of Zombie Dusts pickups. Now I have some of his hot wired alnico pickups. The LSDs are on their way right now! Cheers everyone
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby Stamnes » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:35 am

I ordered a Boult Troglorite with a set of Doomsters. Cant wait. It's the sig guitar they made for Slomatics :)
Stamnes

interested
interested

Postby Jero » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:58 am

What do you plan to do with the black winters :poke:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby StephanCOH » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:52 am

Stamnes wrote:I ordered a Boult Troglorite with a set of Doomsters. Cant wait. It's the sig guitar they made for Slomatics :)

Curious to read a little review of the Boult. First saw pics of it on the Slomatics instagram page. Beautiful guitar.
Then I saw the preorder sheet for the new Boult models and was surprised about how cheap he offers them.
StephanCOH

interested
interested

Postby Stamnes » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:04 am

Can do. It should be here in a couple months.

I am going to order his "explorer" in Baritone this weekend. £549 black with doomsters also
Stamnes

interested
interested

Postby Stamnes » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:31 am

StephanCOH wrote:
Stamnes wrote:I ordered a Boult Troglorite with a set of Doomsters. Cant wait. It's the sig guitar they made for Slomatics :)

Curious to read a little review of the Boult. First saw pics of it on the Slomatics instagram page. Beautiful guitar.
Then I saw the preorder sheet for the new Boult models and was surprised about how cheap he offers them.

I am pretty close to getting the Trog but I bought a Zebrawood Caius. Their Les Paul shape. It's freaking NICE. He must have had an extra one and he offered it for 389 pounds with a free upgrade to Zombie Dust pickups of my choosing. I picked the LSD's since I had the Doomsters on the way. They are amazing pickups! The guitar is super super nice for the money. I literally have zero complaints. The only thing I'd change is I am going to change to locking tuners. Will post a review of the Trog also.

pics
http://imgur.com/a/3R9S6
Stamnes

interested
interested

Postby bigbadbeach » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Fuck ya these pups really do kick ass. I still have them in my guitar. I love the way they react to my pedals. I stuffed my black winters in an Epiphone explorer goth that is really fun to rip on ! Zombie dust all the way
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby Finskjaere » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:50 am

Hi,

How are sounding these pickups and the Boult guitar? Samples on YouTube aren't satisfying...

Thanks!
Finskjaere

interested
interested

Postby conky » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:51 am

bigbadbeach wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:I'm gonna have a look but I'd first like to commend your excellent choice of guitar.

Thanks man. I really love my iceman... I went with the Doomsters! I talked to the builder and told him what kind of sound and he was immediately like, oh yes I have you covered with these. I guess the guys from the slomatics used them on their last album and loved them.

I was also looking into that BLk TRI ! They look sweet, and the description they have for their pickups really makes you want to get them. I never met anyone who had them yet though. Keep us posted if you get them!

I have BLK / TRI pickups in every one of my guitars. A set of Torches in one LP and Frost Giants in another and a Drone in my Esquire. They are amazing. Take fuzz and amp gain like a champ but clean up really nice. I've also had an Avedissian pickup a tele that I sold to a friend that absolutely ripped. The Zombie Dust stuff looks cool but I've never got to try them out. Would like to, but I can't recomment the BLK / TRI stuff enough. Mike was / is in the middle of remodeling his workshop but he should be back to making pickups soon.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Next

Return to ilovedoom.org