What are you listening to right now?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:33 am

Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:26 am

UG, pretty jealous that you got to see Silver Jews, I was never presented with an opportunity to see them and will probably always be a bit bummed about it. I've repeatedly tried to get into The Microphones/Mount Eerie but find it a bit too hit and miss to ever really connect with in a proper way, Elverum does remind me a lot of a slightly less insane and slightly more musical Daniel Johnston.

Recently saw that The New Year are coming out with a new album early next year, which is very exciting!
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:49 am

Olin wrote:UG, pretty jealous that you got to see Silver Jews, I was never presented with an opportunity to see them and will probably always be a bit bummed about it. I've repeatedly tried to get into The Microphones/Mount Eerie but find it a bit too hit and miss to ever really connect with in a proper way, Elverum does remind me a lot of a slightly less insane and slightly more musical Daniel Johnston.

Recently saw that The New Year are coming out with a new album early next year, which is very exciting!

this is good news indeed :joy:

Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:13 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:nice! from the late 90's I've been fortunate to see Will perform at least once or twice every year when he comes anywhere near my neck of the woods. i was lucky to see the Silver Jews on both of their US tours and hang out with David and Cassie too, really nice people. I imagine you're already a fan of Jason Molina..Songs:Ohia, Magnolia Electric Company. and see you like Bill Callahan aka Smog. You might also dig Will Sheff of Okkerville River too,

You typed all this out and no mention of the Mountain Goats? Fo' shame!

Olin wrote:

Yeah, Brokaw & the Kadanes are awesome! :!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:31 am

and no mention of our favorite representative from Corwood Industries....
i always thought Will's whole aesthetic for Days in the Wake was a little too on the nose

btw I also got to see him on his first(?) tour, he played keys and sang with two local experimental jazz cats. pretty awesome night
Last edited by Uncle Grandfather on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:35 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:and no mention of our favorite representative from Corwood Industries....

The Uncle Grandaddy of the entire movement?

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:03 am

Chankgeez wrote:
Uncle Grandfather wrote:and no mention of our favorite representative from Corwood Industries....

The Uncle Grandaddy of the entire movement?

:lol: :thumb: looks like I know what I'm about to spin
Attachments
unnamed (97).jpg
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rickenbastard » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:13 pm

Funkadelic - Super Stupid
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby Olin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:26 pm

UG you are becoming my internet-cool uncle. Masssssive Jandek fan, I remember one particular point of my life which was just pitch black and all I listened to was Jandek. I ended up staying awake for 30 hours, trying to cry and throwing up instead.
I saw him in London where he played for three nights in a row. It was incredibly alienating and I loved it.

neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:13 pm

"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Olin wrote:all I listened to was Jandek.

i know that feel, when I pull out Jandek it's gonna be a marathon. once you enter his sonic space/mood everything else just sounds boring and wrong.

Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:56 pm

This one goes out to D.o.S.:

Bangor?

I hardly know 'or.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:11 am

Chankgeez wrote:Bangor?

I hardly know 'or.

Now you're officially my uncle. :hug:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:02 am

:excellent:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music