Excane's Demos *Frost Giant Architect of Reality

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Excane's Demo Collection **Idiotbox Landphil Bass Distor

Postby Jwar » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:46 am

The Landphil sounds good but it sounds to be like it absolutely destroys your lows in some settings or compresses the shit out of your tone. Also maybe it's just my ears but is there a lot of high frequencies in this? Most of the tones sound really good though. It sounds kind of like a mix between a muff and a rat to my ears.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby jrmy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:29 pm

jwar wrote:The Landphil sounds good but it sounds to be like it absolutely destroys your lows in some settings or compresses the shit out of your tone. Also maybe it's just my ears but is there a lot of high frequencies in this? Most of the tones sound really good though. It sounds kind of like a mix between a muff and a rat to my ears.

I think it's a refinement on the Blower Box, done to Phil from Municipal Waste / Iron Reagan / Cannabis Corpse's tastes. I remember reading rumors that the Blower Box was Rat-based - I had one, and it was pretty rad on bass. That said, MW and IR are pretty thrashy, so I'm guessing he wanted it kind of tight and trebly.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby excane » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:31 am

jwar wrote:The Landphil sounds good but it sounds to be like it absolutely destroys your lows in some settings or compresses the shit out of your tone. Also maybe it's just my ears but is there a lot of high frequencies in this? Most of the tones sound really good though. It sounds kind of like a mix between a muff and a rat to my ears.

Really? Did you listen on good speakers with a sub? The lows are tremendous in this pedal.

The extra controls allow you to fine tune the eq and gain in terms of how bassy or trebly the main dial functions. The gain also allows it to get compressed which all rat based pedals do, even on my original blower box demo. The high output from my MTD also compresses it more than a standard passive j or p would.
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby excane » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:34 am

jrmy wrote:

I think it's a refinement on the Blower Box, done to Phil from Municipal Waste / Iron Reagan / Cannabis Corpse's tastes. I remember reading rumors that the Blower Box was Rat-based - I had one, and it was pretty rad on bass. That said, MW and IR are pretty thrashy, so I'm guessing he wanted it kind of tight and trebly.

Yes, it's rat based. It has a huge range of tones and like jwar said- it definitely compresses when the gain goes over noon also dependent on the second knob that corresponds to the gain.

It's one of my favorite distortions currently for what it's worth :joy:
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby Jwar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:20 am

excane wrote:

Really? Did you listen on good speakers with a sub? The lows are tremendous in this pedal.

The extra controls allow you to fine tune the eq and gain in terms of how bassy or trebly the main dial functions. The gain also allows it to get compressed which all rat based pedals do, even on my original blower box demo. The high output from my MTD also compresses it more than a standard passive j or p would.

Nah I didn't because I don't have any right now. Mine broke. :( LOL. Usually I can tell though through my labtop speakers because my ears are sensitive to high frequencies. I can take lows all day, but highs kill me. I'll pull out my beats audio (only good headphones I have currently and listen).

Maybe it's my general meh-ness towards rat based pedals. I've never been a fan for some reason and have tried a bunch. They are too raspy to me and like I said, that hurts my ears. hah.

I wonder how it would sound in with a passive vs active. Have you tried that?

To be fair, I never dug the sound to the blower box either. Your demos are obviously amazing though, I just don't like the voicing.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby excane » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Yes, passive basses are more open and not as compressed.

It's ok, I still love you. No homo. :hug:
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Re: Excane's Demo Collection **Cog FX Rogue One Octave Fuzz*

Postby excane » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Idiotbox PowerBoost Bass Demo

Sorry for not posting this sooner, I be lazy :(

excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Re: Excane's Demo Collection **Cog FX Rogue One Octave Fuzz*

Postby excane » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:05 pm

Crazy Tube Circuits Planet B bass overdrive :joy:

excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Re: Excane's Demo Collection **Crazy Tube Circuits Bass OD**

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:16 am

Sounds legit as fuck dude!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby excane » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:31 pm

All the Crazy Tube stuff is Grade A awesome.
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:44 pm

I'll have to check some out. I need some new dirt. NOT. I mean, really though, I do.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Re: Excane's Demo Collection **DSM Noisemaker Drive Maker**

Postby excane » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:21 pm

DSM Noisemaker Drive Maker. This thing is TITS. Such a uniquely voiced gain machine.

Bass demo coming next! :joy:

excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear